No announcement yet.

Everything CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big shout out to all the die hards on this site. It's been a helluva ride, and it's really cool that all us hoop addicts have such a great place to congregate and discuss and argue, and, now, celebrate.

I started posting here because I was angry when BC inked Demar to that first extension. I needed a place to vent. I thought that contract was going to handcuff us and doom us for 5 or 10 years. It wasn't the only time I've been wrong.

This year's team was such a joy to watch. From the get go, it was clear this was the best Raptors squad ever assembled. Hopefully they get the whole gang back together next year to defend the title.

And lastly - thank goodness the playoffs are FINALLY OVER. All these bandwagon jumpers start watching in the finals stress free, wide eyed and bushy tailed; meanwhile we've all been having panic attacks every second or third night for TWO MONTHS STRAIGHT. A game seven might have done me in.

"Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      A big shout out to all the die hards on this site. It's been a helluva ride, and it's really cool that all us hoop addicts have such a great place to congregate and discuss and argue, and, now, celebrate.

I started posting here because I was angry when BC inked Demar to that first extension. I needed a place to vent. I thought that contract was going to handcuff us and doom us for 5 or 10 years. It wasn't the only time I've been wrong.

This year's team was such a joy to watch. From the get go, it was clear this was the best Raptors squad ever assembled. Hopefully they get the whole gang back together next year to defend the title.

And lastly - thank goodness the playoffs are FINALLY OVER. All these bandwagon jumpers start watching in the finals stress free, wide eyed and bushy tailed; meanwhile we've all been having panic attacks every second or third night for TWO MONTHS STRAIGHT. A game seven might have done me in.

thx for your honesty JC.

Relative newbie here but a Raptors fan from day 1(nba fanwell b4 that)

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        So I was reading on reddit about Washington supposedly using Obama to recruit Masai, and all these comments about how incredible that offer must be and how hard it would be to turn it down, and I was getting annoyed with them, and then suddenly it hit me: this is what it means to be a champion in the NBA today. The moment you're a champion, everyone starts rooting for your collapse. I've been on the other side, cheering hard for Miami to collapse and for Cleveland to collapse... I never really cheered for GSW to collapse, because they were always the thing that could lead to those LeBron teams collapsing; but certainly in the West in particular everyone has been rooting for GSW to collapse for years. And it gave me an enormous sense of calm to realize that this is just part of that championship experience: to have a level of haters that goes far beyond just the usual beefs with Boston or trash-talk from whatever team we're battling in the standings or in the playoffs.
        Really like this post. So true & well written. Especially being a Canadian team do they want us to fail.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Mood

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Mood

nah

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  So I was reading on reddit about Washington supposedly using Obama to recruit Masai, and all these comments about how incredible that offer must be and how hard it would be to turn it down, and I was getting annoyed with them, and then suddenly it hit me: this is what it means to be a champion in the NBA today. The moment you're a champion, everyone starts rooting for your collapse. I've been on the other side, cheering hard for Miami to collapse and for Cleveland to collapse... I never really cheered for GSW to collapse, because they were always the thing that could lead to those LeBron teams collapsing; but certainly in the West in particular everyone has been rooting for GSW to collapse for years. And it gave me an enormous sense of calm to realize that this is just part of that championship experience: to have a level of haters that goes far beyond just the usual beefs with Boston or trash-talk from whatever team we're battling in the standings or in the playoffs.
                  Exactly this. Kenny Smith had a great analogy ... if you're taking a girl (or guy I guess .. it's 2019 Lol) to Prom, and no one wants to steal them from you, then you took the wrong person.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Exactly this. Kenny Smith had a great analogy ... if you're taking a girl (or guy I guess .. it's 2019 Lol) to Prom, and no one wants to steal them from you, then you took the wrong person.
                    I feel personally attacked.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• damn Lavar ain't crazy
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• ​​Jeremy hounding people in the locker room to perform for his live stream. lol

​​​​​​

Comment

• McCaw has three more rings than Vince, Tmac and Mighty Mouse combined.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                            From another angle.

Comment

• I just have two question, Is this trophy made of gold ? ?
                              How much does it weight

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                                I just have two question, Is this trophy made of gold ? ?
                                How much does it weight

The current trophy is made out of 15.5 pounds (7 kg) of sterling silver and vermeil with a 24 karat gold overlay and stands 2 feet (61 cm) tall. It is designed to look like a basketball about to enter a net. The year and team names are engraved on the trophies, which are often prominently displayed in the winning team's arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X