Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Speaking of wrestling:

Every now and then I check on WWE to see if its any good again...I've been holding out hopes for over 10 years..but its completely lost its way. It's such a glazed over, sold out, shallow product. "The WWE universe" full of kid friendly catchphrases and very little in the way of actual stories. Just buy the network for 9.99!!
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Speaking of wrestling:

Love the trolling game Kanter.. sucks that it was a Celtics jersey in the reveal though.

I still remember when Rodman and Malone got into wrestling.. that's when I pretty much stopped watching.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Every now and then I check on WWE to see if its any good again...I've been holding out hopes for over 10 years..but its completely lost its way. It's such a glazed over, sold out, shallow product. "The WWE universe" full of kid friendly catchphrases and very little in the way of actual stories. Just buy the network for 9.99!!
        10 years!? Man I say the same thing but it's 80s + 90s WWF for me. I thought it sucked 10 years ago. The attitude era ruined it, used to actually have characters and be mostly for shits and giggles. Then every guy started to act like Stone Cold and The Rock and Goldberg, these guys are all the same now.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

10 years!? Man I say the same thing but it's 80s + 90s WWF for me. I thought it sucked 10 years ago. The attitude era ruined it, used to actually have characters and be mostly for shits and giggles. Then every guy started to act like Stone Cold and The Rock and Goldberg, these guys are all the same now.
          Oh yeah 10 years is way off. I forgot how old I am. I guess I followed it pretty religiously from like age 6 to age 16/17, with some small hiatus, which would be 93 to 03

anyway, i know it's not just the nostalgia talking. Although its partly that im sure. Theres no doubt it's a stale, over produced product these days
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Watching some Raptors championship highlights for the first time. And all I can say is....DAMN. Kawhi really is the GROAT.

His dagger 3 over Embiid in Game 3 was probably the most underrated Kawhi moment during the Raps championship run. If he misses that shot, who knows what happens? also, from what I remember he was the ONLY player that showed up for the Raptors in that game.

How about 10 straight points against the Warriors in Game 5. This was Jordan-esque.

How about playing with one good leg against the Bucks? damn.

Thanks for the memories Kawhi. You're the GROAT in my book.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 25 or so years from now. The new generation of Raptors fans would be talking about Kawhi like he's a myth because of what he was able to accomplish in his 1 year with the Raptors.

Last edited by The Great One; Fri Sep 13, 2019, 04:15 PM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Kawhi was honestly the perfect super star for the Raptors. Quiet, humble, and frankly didn't give a shit about anything. Yet he brought it. He was hobbled and still scored 28.5/9.8/4.2. With 2 steals and 1.2 blocks a game in the NBA finals. I've seen some great playoff performers, but Kawhi's was near the top of the list. Right on par with MJ in his prime.

The Clippers don't deserve him. They better treat him right man.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  25 or so years from now. The new generation of Raptors fans would be talking about Kawhi like he's a myth because of what he was able to accomplish in his 1 year with the Raptors.

Load management isn't "bringing it every single day". lol. Everything else is pretty much bang, most importantly, when it counted.

Last edited by golden; Fri Sep 13, 2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Kawhi was honestly the perfect super star for the Raptors. Quiet, humble, and frankly didn't give a shit about anything. Yet he brought it. He was hobbled and still scored 28.5/9.8/4.2. With 2 steals and 1.2 blocks a game in the NBA finals. I've seen some great playoff performers, but Kawhi's was near the top of the list. Right on par with MJ in his prime.

The Clippers don't deserve him. They better treat him right man.
                    Crazy that that stat line + a ring + Finals MVP still leaves us with the "What if?" of his health. After doing all that, what if that guy had been playing the last two rounds on two legs instead of one? Damn.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Crazy that that stat line + a ring + Finals MVP still leaves us with the "What if?" of his health. After doing all that, what if that guy had been playing the last two rounds on two legs instead of one? Damn.
                      It worked out for the best. I think his suffering caused other guys to finally step up and deliver something.

Comment

• Sounds like mythologizing to say that Kawhi was "playing on one leg" - looked like a pretty standard level of playing through injury in the playoffs.

Comment

Some interesting excerpts (Raptors related) came from the Kevin Durant interview via WSJ:

[/INDENT]
                          Durant and everyone else casually leave out the part where 20,000 raps fans chanted his name as he was led off court. I fucking hate that our society accepts narratives launched by people that push their personal agenda's, rather than tell the real stories.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Sounds like mythologizing to say that Kawhi was "playing on one leg" - looked like a pretty standard level of playing through injury in the playoffs.
                            Oh he was definitely on one leg, Lowry also played with one arm and Fred had half his face torn off. What a team, it was an awesome run and my grandkids will hear all about it.

Comment

• Training camp is in a few weeks...hope he takes it easy on his celebration! congrads

Comment

Training camp is in a few weeks...hope he takes it easy on his celebration! congrads

Hall of famer.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X