X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Hall of famer.
    100%! I'm very happy for him
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

Only other player to win both the FIBA Worlds and the Larry O in one year is Odom with the Lakers. Marc Gasol and Odom out of everybody.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

You have to respect Gasol. He had all the excuses in the world to not play for Spain. A. He's 35, B. he played heavy mins for the Raptors in June.

There are a lot of NBA players out there who are scrubs, bench warmers, busts...players who have a lot to prove....they all turned down a chance to play for their country.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Sounds like mythologizing to say that Kawhi was "playing on one leg" - looked like a pretty standard level of playing through injury in the playoffs.
          Standard as in NBA 2K on rookie setting. He had a historical record setting run through the playoffs. It sealed his legacy.

Comment

Hall of famer.
            If I am Masai and due to circumstances I will be dangling Gasol at the trade deadline, I would lose my shit if a team with championship aspirations want to make a trade for Gasol but decide to low-ball me.

"Listen up you fuck! Gasol won a championship with the Raptors & Spain in a span of 3 months!! If you think it wasn't a coincidence that this big man is an integral part to a championship team with his BBIQ, his defence and passing skills than you are wasting my fucking time! dont call here again with such an insult of a package or I will trade Gasol for cheap to your biggest rival just out of spite!" Slams the old school phone with the cord down!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If I am Masai and due to circumstances I will be dangling Gasol at the trade deadline, I would lose my shit if a team with championship aspirations want to make a trade for Gasol but decide to low-ball me.

"Listen up you fuck! Gasol won a championship with the Raptors & Spain in a span of 3 months!! If you think it wasn't a coincidence that this big man is an integral part to a championship team with his BBIQ, his defence and passing skills than you are wasting my fucking time! dont call here again with such an insult of a package or I will trade Gasol for cheap to your biggest rival just out of spite!" Slams the old school phone with the cord down!
              100% sure that the Clippers will be calling. Gasol was Kawhi’s safety valve in the playoffs.

Comment

• Gasol is making $25.6M. I don't think the Clippers can afford him in a trade.. besides they have no picks and prospects. Any team interested would have to give up more than $20M back in contracts.. and Masai probably doesn't want any contracts that can affect his bid on Giannis in 2021. I mean I'll take Kawhi or Paul George off their hands of course

Boston weirdly enough seems like a good pairing. I mean they replaced Horford with Kanter.

Hayward's deal ends in 2021.. and if he doesn't improve significantly for them you know the pitch forks will be out in droves over there. Force them to add a prospect like Edwards, Langford or Grant Williams (who I really like) or a draft pick and I'd sign off on it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

100% sure that the Clippers will be calling. Gasol was Kawhi’s safety valve in the playoffs.
                  Gonna be tough for them to send any salary back. Also they have no picks to trade.

Comment

You have to respect Gasol. He had all the excuses in the world to not play for Spain. A. He's 35, B. he played heavy mins for the Raptors in June.

There are a lot of NBA players out there who are scrubs, bench warmers, busts...players who have a lot to prove....they all turned down a chance to play for their country.
                    Gasol had a week off after Raptors' run before reporting to his national team, and now has just 2 weeks until training camp. That's nuts.

​​​​​​Maybe we need to keep Ibaka for Gaspl's new load management plan. Don't burn out the champ.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• now that the breakup feelings have had time to heal...... im getting more excited to see this core without kawhi. the east is sooo weak we deserve to see how we match with MIL and PHI.
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                        now that the breakup feelings have had time to heal...... im getting more excited to see this core without kawhi. the east is sooo weak we deserve to see how we match with MIL and PHI.
                        Not sure why you would not include Indiana, Brooklyn and Heat... They're on the same tier as we are.
                        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Not sure why you would not include Indiana, Brooklyn and Heat... They're on the same tier as we are.
                          Oladpio's likely out nearly half the season and Durant out even longer, those teams will be at the bottom of the playoff bracket until those guys get back. The Heat are better than before but still behind the Raptors imho. I'd have Toronto and Boston at about the same level, behind Sixers and just behind Bucks. I really think Milwaukee is stuck depending on more developmental leaps from Giannis, because they've lost talent off their roster.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Clippers will also kick the tires on Lowry cause Kawhi will réalize pretty quickly that Beverely isn't half the point guard Kyle is.

Probably also ask about FVV.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Oladpio's likely out nearly half the season and Durant out even longer, those teams will be at the bottom of the playoff bracket until those guys get back. The Heat are better than before but still behind the Raptors imho. I'd have Toronto and Boston at about the same level, behind Sixers and just behind Bucks. I really think Milwaukee is stuck depending on more developmental leaps from Giannis, because they've lost talent off their roster.
                              Indiana got bunch of great additions to their roster (including Midleton) and Brooklyn improved not with just Durant, but Kyrie Irving as well, so they've both have stars better than Toronto. Toronto has better role players and that evens them out as a team compared to IND, BKN and MIA. That's only my opinion of course.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

and here's what the big boss had to say about why skipping national team duties never even occurred to him ahead of the final game:

"It's so worth it and not just because we're playing in the title game," Gasol said. "It's the responsibility of passing along the commitment and the loyalty to the team. Those values that we were taught so many years, now it is our turn to pass on the legacy to the next generation. That's not talent, that's just commitment."
                                as hard as they're trying i'm not sure cory jo and olynyk are going to be able to pass on the same values to our players.

Comment

Working...
                                X