X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Follow the leaders

Love it.

And damn... Auston knows his way around a basketball apparently.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Love it.

And damn... Auston knows his way around a basketball apparently.
      1. Hes an elite athlete, they're usually good at everything
      2. Hes American. Part of the phys ed curriculum
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Soooo Siakam wants Max cash.

Can sombody remind me why we need to pay him for what he MIGHT do in the future..... what a crock of shit.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Soooo Siakam wants Max cash.

Can sombody remind me why we need to pay him for what he MIGHT do in the future..... what a crock of shit.
          we don't need to pay him.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Follow the leaders

The Raptors have a better chance of repeating than the Leafs winning a Stanley Cup. Correct that, the Raptors have a better chance of repeating than the Leafs getting past the 1st round.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Soooo Siakam wants Max cash.

What you're saying is we shouldn't pay him and watch him leave because of a damaged relationship.

It's a MARKET. His value is determined not by what he has done but by what someone is willing to pay him. It's literally that simple. It's honestly offensive how much you push this when you clearly haven't thought about it for more than 30 seconds.

Comment

• There are ranges to the max.. 25%, 30% of 35%. And its dependent on how many years they've played. Some guys can get a super max... which means they can get into the next range early (but they have to qualify, and it requires things like an all-nba nod).

Pascal is in the 25% range since he's coming off a rookie contract.

Just like these guys:
                - Jamal Murray
                - Devin Booker
                - Andrew Wiggins

Probably a few more I can't think of right now. He's worth the max IMO. At least that's his market value. He should make as much as a good #2 (like Murray or Booker). He's not a super star, but he's not making the 35% max either. That will be Kawhi's goal in 2 years (for example).

I think we should try to tie him up for 5 years. Unless he has a significant injury he should always be on a tradeable contract. He's a 2-way player which is hard to find in the NBA.

Comment

• I dont see the need to extened pascal right now unless we get him for less then max money. If he only will take the max we might as well wait till we see what he can do as the number 1 option with no kawhi to create space for him to operate. If he strictly wants max money right now the raps dont really gain anything by giving the deal now. We can just wait till he 100% proves he's worth max money and sign him to a max after this season
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• That's right, the contract we offer him now is the same contract we can give him after the season. There is no reason to lock him down now unless its under the max. Might as well see how he preforms this year and give him the max next summer.

Comment

• 76ers’ Joel Embiid: ‘I didn’t show up’ for Game 7 vs. Raptors

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-7-vs-raptors/

Comment

• Nuit Blanche

Raptors 25

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          76ers’ Joel Embiid: ‘I didn’t show up’ for Game 7 vs. Raptors

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-7-vs-raptors/
                          He showed up. Thing is he got limited/contained by Gasol (as he was for much of the series), and by a very stifling Raptors team defence, so he was inefficient on his shooting, like the article said. Doesn't always have to be about them.

The truth is, the media desperately tries to make it about Philly every year. If they're tanking, it's about "how good they're gonna be". If they're out in the second round, it's about how close they were. If they make a trade, it's about how Al Horford is gonna make them great (as opposed to how the players they lost is gonna hurt them).

Like, picture the Raptors as having a centre who was never able to handle a full NBA season physically + a non-shooting point guard as their top players, was just out in the second round last year, and lost 2 of their best playoff performers along the way (Jimmy Butler and JJ Redick). No one would give two shits about said team. But because it's Philly, the narrative is totally different, and they're again anointed before the games are actually played. I don't mean to say they're not a promising team, because they are, but they also smell like the "67-win Boston" of last year a bit. The could very well go far this year, but what's on paper/hyped and what actually happens on the hardwood can be quite different sometimes.

Comment

• still champs

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                              still champs
                              Thanks for reminding me, I'd almost forgotten
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• So, serious question. What is the effect of winning an NBA Championship on individual performance? Do individual players remember their contributions, and then gain confidence from that such that they over-perform in the year following the championship? If that is true, there will be an unacknowledged positive impact on the Raptors that will stand them in good stead. Guys that were role players 2 years ago will now be Champion role players. Bit players will now remember every foul shot, three-pointer and defensive stop they got that made a difference in a 5 point game.

Seriously, there should be a positive impact. All the new players coming to a Championship Team. Does it give them a boost? All the new players coming to a team with a rep for increasing scrub effectiveness; does it have a net positive impact? These are serious questions. We KNOW a big part of the game is mental. Do the Raptors get any kind of benefit from that? Or does Kawhi get all the credit? And everyone else coming through with outstanding performances get ignored?

Comment

Working...
                                X