• Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry

CHAMP

GROAT

Comment

• From the first post of this thread.

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Edit: So they won! How do things change for this team now...
      It makes 30 point comebacks against the Mavericks possible when you are down 3 of your top seven guys. These guys NEVER SAY NEVER.

Think about it. Down 30, with 2 1/2 left in the third, and in your head you're thinking, "Yeah, there's still time. We've hit 5 out of 21 three's so we are due for a hot streak. Coach will come up with a defensive plan that will disrupt these mothers. Just got to try harder for a quarter and a half. Yeah. I feel good."

Heart of a champion.
      Last edited by Puffer; Mon Dec 23, 2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Heart of a champion.
        Never underestimate it.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Every time the Raptors win a game like that, I go back and watch finals highlights. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            Kyle Lowry

CHAMP

GROAT

As the Sportscentre anchor said last night "The Greatest Raptor of All Time, its not even up for debate"
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

As the Sportscentre anchor said last night "The Greatest Raptor of All Time, its not even up for debate"
              I was watching the game with my son (age 7) on a Sunday afternoon, Christmas lights around, sweaters and pyjamas, fireplace on, blasting prairie wind outside. He's been watching Lowry and the Raptors with me since he was a toddler. Mid-game we were kinda drifting off, didn't look like they were gonna pull it off.

Then the come-back started, we start jumping on the couch together, he asks "do you think they're gonna win?" In my adult analytical mind, I'm iffy, but to him I say "Yes, because they're trying really hard and not quitting. And even if they don't win this one, they'll remember next time that when you do that, you always have a chance". Then about a minute later the Lowry chants breakout. I ask "why do you think the crowd is saying that?". "Because they're not quitting?" he asks. I say "damn straight". A one-and-done can be beyond amazing, but it's shit like this year after year that makes a GROAT.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                ... A one-and-done can be beyond amazing, but it's shit like this year after year that makes a GROAT.
                And it's shit like "Yes, because they're trying really hard and not quitting. And even if they don't win this one, they'll remember next time that when you do that, you always have a chance" that makes you a great Dad. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

And it's shit like "Yes, because they're trying really hard and not quitting. And even if they don't win this one, they'll remember next time that when you do that, you always have a chance" that makes you a great Dad. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
                  Thanks my man, just raised the beer I'm having to you in the spirit of Christmas; Puffer for the win

Comment

• Comment

This just adds to the narrative that the reason the Raptors won was “all Kawhi”.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

This just adds to the narrative that the reason the Raptors won was “all Kawhi”.
                        Considering injuries and their impact, with a record of 21 - 10, this team has shown it can continue to win. Are they good enough to compete for a chip w/o a bonafide superstar like Kawhi, any objective observer would conclude that the probability is low.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Mostly, I could care less what narrative people wish to use.

Do I want another championship? For sure.
                          Is that harder now? yup, it certainly is.

For me, all that matters is that it actually happened.

We're Champs.

Forever.

We here know Kyle's role. Pascal's. Fred's. Marc's. Serge's. Masai's. Nick's. Our own.

For 2019, Kawhi was 100% deserving of this accolade. Not only over every other Raptor that made this Championship possible, but over every other male athlete in any sport in the world.

I'm just glad they didn't not give it to him cause he was playing for a team from Toronto, Canada.

Good for him.

(Hope he doesn't go back to back on it though. The Bish. )

Comment

• Just to give some context....the Jays won the Championship over 25 years ago. I still think of them as champions. Those memories are still fresh and inspire pride in the team. We can have 25 more years of so so seasons and the pride will still be there. We the Champs.

Comment

• What a fuckin' year. Love to the Republic.

Here's wishing for more good things in the decade ahead.

Comment

What a fuckin' year. Love to the Republic...
                                And some special appreciation for the more memorable and positive contributors. I won't go down the list, because inevitably I would leave some out. This way, people can include themselves if they think they deserve it. It's a charitable time of the year.

We have quite a cast of characters on the forum, and everyone contributes to the recipe. Indeed, a special blend: "Raptors Republic - The Never Over Easy" version. How Hungry Are YOU?

Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
                                X