• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

2011 Dallas team.

Dirk Nowitzki DOMINATED that playoffs like Kawhi did this past season. And in the Finals, he actually beat a HEALTHY Heat team to win the championship.
    If you hadn't have capitalized dominated and healthy you wouldn't have convinced me the way you have.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Most underrated champions ever?
    2011 Dallas team.

Dirk Nowitzki DOMINATED that playoffs like Kawhi did this past season. And in the Finals, he actually beat a HEALTHY Heat team to win the championship.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    It's nice to be an underdog again (after being an overdog for about 15 minutes).

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

We still the other!!
    we are so on brand.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    We still the other!!

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    Anyone going to cop replica ring once the actual rings are revealed?

Amazon already has 2 different ones:

For only $35, I think it might look cool on my book shelf ...
    Wait long enough and you might get one in a beer box!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Speaking of, we wondering about rings for ex players traded last year, and I found this today
    That's good to hear, it sucks that guys like he and JV weren't able to still be with us when we won, but I obviously wouldn't change anything that happened lol. They were part of the team our championship season, so they should get their rings

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Speaking of, we wondering about rings for ex players traded last year, and I found this today

Wright has been told he will receive a Raptors NBA title ring sometime this season, most likely when the Mavericks play at Toronto on Dec. 22.

"I'll gladly accept it," he said. "I wouldn't wear it around and say I'm a champion, but I'm glad to be a part of that team and I'm happy for those guys."

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Anyone going to cop replica ring once the actual rings are revealed?

Amazon already has 2 different ones:

For only $35, I think it might look cool on my book shelf ...

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Watching some Raps championship highlights. The thing that I still don't understand during that run was the way people criticized Nurse when he used the box and 1 defense like he was using some illegal tactic lol. He was trying to win the game, who cares? personally i think it was genius.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Remember all the fire Nurse threads through the first 2 rounds? Good times
    nick noob and frederick von fuck

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    This kind of lamenting and "what if" from the Warriors is normal, every team losing their conference final or final in more than 5 games chirps the same tune. The reality is though, other then Orlando that Warriors series was the easiest round for the Raptors. I mean, they won freakin' 3 games at Oracle, Klay was active for most of it. If they had Durant yeah, it probably would have been as tough of tougher the our 2nd and 3rd rounds, but that the Warriors would win it for sure it's far from a given.
    word. shit happens almost every season. winning a chip inherently involves some degree of luck. below is a shortlist of notable asterisk nba champions i can remember off the top since i’ve been following the league.

year. champion. reason.

1988. lakers. isiah thomas ankle injury.
    1989. pistons. magic hammy injury.
    1991. bulls. worthy (ankle) and byron scott (shoulder) injuries.
    1999. spurs. that knicks team fucking sucked.
    2002. lakers. the kings rightfully won the west finals in 6 except for an egregious officating scandal. also peja only played 3 games out of 7 that series.
    2006. heat. d wade “earns” 27 fta per game crashing into the mavs.
    2013. heat. pop accidentally left duncan on the bench allowing bosh rebound.
    2015. warriors. kevin love and kyrie injuries.
    2016. cavs. steph MCL, draymond suspension, criminal officiating in G6 to force G7 for ratings. all-time asterisk.

we're in decent company with some fondly remembered champions. most of it faded from the collective memory.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I'm just out here watching some old highlights. Still feels surreal.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

There was also that momentum killing timeout that Nurse took in Game 5.
    Remember all the fire Nurse threads through the first 2 rounds? Good times

Leave a comment:

Working...
X