X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    The undisputed heavy weight champion of the wooooooooooooorld!

Leave a comment:

• suspenders
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Warriors are fucking sore losers
    Yep, but who gives a shit. We won, they lost... badly. They can never take that away from us.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Acting like they didnt luck out huge on the injury side in 2015..

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kawhi walked to games thru the snow, uphill both ways. In new balances with holes in the toes.
    Not to mention his heavy, well-managed load.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

And he sucked it up and played through it like everyone else. No need to mythologize as "playing on one leg".
    Kawhi walked to games thru the snow, uphill both ways. In new balances with holes in the toes.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

Kawhi's dominance peaked in the second round and his slightly-less-dominant (only slightly) play in the later rounds coincided with him limping around the court. I thought that was pretty apparent.
    And he sucked it up and played through it like everyone else. No need to mythologize as "playing on one leg".

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

I'm not sure how this counters anything I said, maybe you misread? because in fact, his performance basically proves that any injury he was playing through was fairly minor.

Everything was just magnified with Kawhi "oh my goodness, is that a slight limp???" Kyle on other hand, could be playing with bone protruding from the elbow of his shooting hand and people be like "Enough with the excuses - he's fine!"
    Kawhi's dominance peaked in the second round and his slightly-less-dominant (only slightly) play in the later rounds coincided with him limping around the court. I thought that was pretty apparent.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Def great point.

Guess the difference between the KL's in that regard is that Kyle simply couldn't be kept off of an NBA court, no matter what, ever, while it felt like (and was later somewhat confirmed by his departure) that it was a miracle if Kawhi agreed to play for us if he had so much as a hangnail.

Which... while I'm still pissed at him for walking away... you have to have gratitude that, while he wouldn't push himself to the point of potential for personal peril for the storied Spurs, he did it for us --- and his perseverance, along with the rest of the squad's, brought us a chip.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied

I'm not sure how this counters anything I said, maybe you misread? because in fact, his performance basically proves that any injury he was playing through was fairly minor.

Everything was just magnified with Kawhi "oh my goodness, is that a slight limp???" Kyle on other hand, could be playing with bone protruding from the elbow of his shooting hand and people be like "Enough with the excuses - he's fine!"
    Great point

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

x1000000

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post

Standard as in NBA 2K on rookie setting. He had a historical record setting run through the playoffs. It sealed his legacy.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Mon Sep 16, 2019, 12:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

You have to respect Gasol. He had all the excuses in the world to not play for Spain. A. He's 35, B. he played heavy mins for the Raptors in June.

There are a lot of NBA players out there who are scrubs, bench warmers, busts...players who have a lot to prove....they all turned down a chance to play for their country.
    and here's what the big boss had to say about why skipping national team duties never even occurred to him ahead of the final game:

"It's so worth it and not just because we're playing in the title game," Gasol said. "It's the responsibility of passing along the commitment and the loyalty to the team. Those values that we were taught so many years, now it is our turn to pass on the legacy to the next generation. That's not talent, that's just commitment."
    as hard as they're trying i'm not sure cory jo and olynyk are going to be able to pass on the same values to our players.

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

Oladpio's likely out nearly half the season and Durant out even longer, those teams will be at the bottom of the playoff bracket until those guys get back. The Heat are better than before but still behind the Raptors imho. I'd have Toronto and Boston at about the same level, behind Sixers and just behind Bucks. I really think Milwaukee is stuck depending on more developmental leaps from Giannis, because they've lost talent off their roster.
    Indiana got bunch of great additions to their roster (including Midleton) and Brooklyn improved not with just Durant, but Kyrie Irving as well, so they've both have stars better than Toronto. Toronto has better role players and that evens them out as a team compared to IND, BKN and MIA. That's only my opinion of course.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X