X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guyroch
    commented on 's reply
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Judging by the reactions he's gotten in the last 24 hours, I'd say he did his job perfectly.
    Well he scored a big gig … He will be on the ABC Countdown show replacing Chauncey … I don't think he said it for effect .. I think that is actually how he feels about the market of T.O market … To me what makes it dumb is if your going to leave T.O for the bright lights and a big exposure .. You keep doing your job until a market like the Lakers gives you a call ..

• KeonClark
    commented on 's reply
    Judging by the reactions he's gotten in the last 24 hours, I'd say he did his job perfectly.

• nubreed000
    commented on 's reply
    WHO CARES?!

F*** Stephen A Smith

• Joey
    replied
    Champs getting a Classic/Throwback court design this year? Love it.

Likely means they're bringing back the Purple Classics as an Alt Jersey?

ALSO, we get the little Gold patch on the back of the necks of the Jerseys now FOREVER. That's a big deal!
    Image result for back championship gold patch raptors NBA jerseys
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 23, 2019, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Stephen A. Smith says Masai Ujiri made a mistake by staying with Raptors …

https://clutchpoints.com/raptors-new...IYk-L4abOb8clA..

What is Stephen smoking ??? Did he tell Pat Riley to leave the Heat after Lebron left ? Did he tell Spurs GM R.C. Buford to leave after he lost Kawai ?? Did he tell the Golden state GM to leave after he lost Durrant and had all these injuries ?? Yes there is nowhere to go but down but you know what comes after down and that is up and that is a challenge

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    SAS is on record now saying he doesn't like the Raptors because they're in Canada. There's no surprise here that he's saying this.
    And the reason SAS doesn't like Canada is mainly because he has to go through customs. Idiotic reason, but that's exactly the same dumb reason that Bosh gave - it's a real thing for Americans, sadly.

But apparently, there are some things he loves about Canada (nudge, wink).

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    SAS is on record now saying he doesn't like the Raptors because they're in Canada. There's no surprise here that he's saying this.
    American pride baffles me. It doesn't surprise me. But it baffles me.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Another thing, what other team have "sports analysts" suggested the leader of the organization should leave because it peaked? And to go to Washington? Why? Is Washington positioned better than the Raptors for the future? No, they're not and so not only is his idea predictable it's also fucking stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Masai has something to prove. Reminds me of the Jay z line

"heard motherfuckers they made Hov. It made hov say 'ok so, make another hov'"

masai wants to go get another ring without Kawhi

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    "No where to go but down"

In SAS case his hairline keeps going up so he needs to STFU already. Everytime something good happens in Toronto this asshole thinks some teams in the U.S should poach them away.
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Aug 22, 2019, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

Mindless entertainment in any era but the eye-catching LOUD OPINION clips are tailor made for social media.
    This ESPN segment was the official sign of the end of times....

LaVar Ball And Stephen A. Have Intense Shouting Match | First Take | March 23, 2017

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

The hot-take sports shows are all insufferable. I don't understand why anyone watches any of them. Sadly, they are relatively cheap to produce and people watch/listen, so they aren't going anywhere....
    Mindless entertainment in any era but the eye-catching LOUD OPINION clips are tailor made for social media.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    This is an unprecedented situation. You can find other one-off champions (04 Pistons, 83 Sixers, 79 Sonics, 77 Blazers) that retired numbers - often multiple numbers - from those championship teams, but those guys all played multiple seasons. Some of them were GOATs and franchise cornerstone type guys. None of them were a one-and-done rental.

My personal opinion is I would not retire Kawhi's #2. Thanks for the championship, for being a pro, and for laying it all out there in the postseason. He's always got the key to the city, the championship ring, the memories, and should get a standing O every time he's in town. There'll be murals and memorabilia and whatnot around the building, but there's some other element you usually have with the guys who get their jerseys retired, a dynamic between the player and the city that I'm not sure was really there with Kawhi. No disrespect, no hard feelings, just...looking for something a bit more re: the intangibles.

I wouldn't be mad either way tho.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post

I don't understand why anyone even listens to Stephen A Smith. Can't we all just agree to ignore this guy and hopefully he goes away?
    The hot-take sports shows are all insufferable. I don't understand why anyone watches any of them. Sadly, they are relatively cheap to produce and people watch/listen, so they aren't going anywhere....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X