Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't MLSE but someone at the hotel gave away the game here, maybe inadvertently or not fully comprehending what could happen.
    Stop before I start thinking of conspiracies of L.A doing everything in their power to sabotage Kawhi going back to T.O.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jalen why are you doing this to us???

Comment

• There seems to be conflicting ideas on this: does a 1+1 qualify Leonard for the supermax or would it have to be 2+1. Unclear to me. It seems logical either one works but lawyers drafted the CBA so logic likely has little to do with it....

Comment

Think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't MLSE but someone at the hotel gave away the game here, maybe inadvertently or not fully comprehending what could happen.
            None of this matters. It's actually insulting to Kawhi and Dennis that people think this would have any kind of impact.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

There seems to be conflicting ideas on this: does a 1+1 qualify Leonard for the supermax or would it have to be 2+1. Unclear to me. It seems logical either one works but lawyers drafted the CBA so logic likely has little to do with it....
                  You need to be in the league for 10 years to qualify for a super max (35% of the cap). Kawhi has played 8. So he needs to complete 2 more full seasons before he qualifies for that super max. Right now he can only get 30% of the cap. If he stayed with SA he could have had that 35% super max but he got traded so is no longer qualified for it.

So Kawhi needs a 2+1 deal to get to that 10th year.

Comment

• LA is gonna need some cheese to go with that inevitable KaWhine.

Comment

• Good news right?

Comment

• In non-Kawhi news, the Josh Jackson trade to Memphis is interesting - things could go really well in Memphis and surprise a lot of people, or things could go south in a hurry.

Also, as Zach Lowe points out, with the Pacers signing TJ McConnell, they now have TJ McConnell, TJ Warren, and TJ Leaf on the roster

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          In non-Kawhi news, the Josh Jackson trade to Memphis is interesting - things could go really well in Memphis and surprise a lot of people, or things could go south in a hurry.

Also, as Zach Lowe points out, with the Pacers signing TJ McConnell, they now have TJ McConnell, TJ Warren, and TJ Leaf on the roster
                          That's alot Tj's..now let's get back 2 Kawli 😉
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• So a quick diversion from the obsession of wondering if Kawhi Leonard bases all of his decisions on completely speculative hot takes from social media personalities on what choices he might make based on events that may or may not have happened or are deemed to be over the top..... The NBA there is no circus quite like it. .

When Kawhi re ups for next season.... Is it time to put to bed the myth of the all dominant western conference ?.

An eastern heavyweight trio of the Raps.. Philly and The Bucks look to be the most complete teams in the league...Big physical teams who can all play defense when it matters and can score wiith ease. ...
                            The East also sports an improved Pacer team with two big guards in the backcourt that play defense like Gary Payton in Brogdon and Olidipo. They can score. They lost a Bogdonovich but they picked up TJ Warren and Jeremy Lamb.
                            A reset Chowders team who have a similar style but different lead guard and still sport a bunch of very good wings in Tatum Brown and Hayward. They have Enes Kanter in the middle and a decision on a Morrris twin and a competitor in Marcus Smart..... Who knows..but if they find a bargin C in Cousins who swallows his pride and take a vet minimum or an MLE the Chowders will not be as wimpy as the they looked when Horford and Irving gave the finger to Ainge and walked out. .
                            The Nets are a year away but it will be fascinating to see how they integrate Irving and manage the NY medias expectations this year. They picked up a couple of bigger stronger wings in Wilson Changler and Garret Temple and bid adiue to Demarre Carroll and Allen Crabbe. I think Kyrie tries to show he wasn't the problem in Boston (which he was) with a big year.

The big dogs in the West to me anyway look to be Utah and Denver and after that its a pool of teams with some holes to overcome.
                            The Lakers will have two of the best players in the league... and 12 guys who could be in the G League for depth. ..
                            The Blazers have a very very good backcourt but look unimposing up front and onthe wing. They did go out in a sweep to the Durantless Warriors.They likely don't have Nurkic and have let Kanter walk and have replace those two very serviceable guys with the mercurual Hasan Whiteside. Not so good I'd say.
                            The Warriors have Curry and Russell and Green... Klay is out and Durant is gone ... Can Kevon Looney become the new glue guy that was Andre Igudola who has also move on. They can't afford Cousins and have replaced him with Willy Cauley Stien who the Kings let go for nothing. We shall see. .
                            Houston missed out on Butler to the godfather Pat Reilly. They tried to move everyone and it was public.. They didn't have any draft picks this year either so they are running ti back as the only option they have. Can they patch it all up in the room and learn to play defense ?

The East.. to me anyway... is back
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 3, 2019, 09:52 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Good news right?
                              Larry Tanenbaum and George Cope on the way down to LA in the MLSE jet stopped in at McCarron airport for half an hour and put on fake nose glasses land placed a decent bet eh ?
                              - TGO

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                In non-Kawhi news, the Josh Jackson trade to Memphis is interesting - things could go really well in Memphis and surprise a lot of people, or things could go south in a hurry.

Jackson is another in a long line of Kansas wing players who just seem to flame out when they get to the NBA.

McLemore @ 5... edit.. @4
                                Wiggins @ 1
                                Jackson @ 5
                                Oubrre Jr @ 15.. might be harsh but so far he hasn't been an impact player
                                Xaveir Henry @ 12
                                Brandon Rush @13

Good thing Embiid panned out
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 3, 2019, 09:59 PM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X