Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Lakers could really throw a wrench into this offseason by reneging on the Anthony Davis deal - the Lakers are now totally fubared - reneging on the deal would essentially press the reset button on free agency.
    Can they do that? Why would they do that?
    With lebron and AD (if healthy) and a bunch of scrubs, they're as good as/better than the Raptors

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Can they do that? Why would they do that?
      With lebron and AD (if healthy) and a bunch of scrubs, they're as good as/better than the Raptors
      Might "Flag" something during AD's medicals and overturn the trade as an example

Lakers arent likely to win the West - they'll get mauled by a Clippers team that will have Kawhi/Beverley/McGruder/George/Harrell - you'll need team scoring to beat that time - individual scoring won't cut it. And with all the picks they sent out to get Davis, there's no way to add any assets in the next few years in that manner.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

gasol and lowry would have to be involved.

OKC got a better deal. that's all it is on that front.

Still not convinced that Leonard signing here would have happened if they acquired PG. The story doesn't actually say that.
        It seems plausible that OKC played both OKC and the Raps for a pkg for George and Kawhi would have told either that I'll sign if you land him.

But Siakam, Lowry and Gasol plus 4-5-6 first round picks is a steep price.....but Kawhi, George and Westbrook would have been fun to watch instead of a treadmill/2nd round exit/sell hope to get Giannis we'll have now. jmo

Comment

It seems plausible that OKC played both OKC and the Raps for a pkg for George and Kawhi would have told either that I'll sign if you land him.

But Siakam, Lowry and Gasol plus 4-5-6 first round picks is a steep price.....but Kawhi, George and Westbrook would have been fun to watch instead of a treadmill/2nd round exit/sell hope to get Giannis we'll have now. jmo
          yeah it's possible. but i don't think Masai "balks" at a deal if he's guaranteed George and Kawhi, even if it means taking on Westbrook.

The story states that george's willingness to come was dependent on Kawhi's willingness to stay. Not the other way around.

Anyway like i said, clippers made the better offer anyway.

Comment

• PS

Can we please fire drunky drake now? Useless as usual....at least he'll disappear form courtside most games now that the cameras won't be as numerous....

Comment

• Sigh & what does Masai do now?

It's going to be a very morose weekend ... just got to enjoy the championship for 3 weeks really ... now back to scratching and clawing to get back to the top.

Thank you to both Kawhi and Danny (he got a nice deal from LAL). The trophy stays.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The other lesson is those top 5 superstars want to play with at least one legit top 20 player on the roster. A true all-star calibre player in their prime, who is consistent in the playoffs. Kawhi knew what he had here with this roster - a balanced team of high-end role players. Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka are aging role players, who might not even be here by the end of next season. Siakam is promising, but he's still inconsistent. Fred and Norm are still unplayable against certain teams. The Sixers series was basically Kawhi on 1 leg putting the whole team on his back.

Still, there was no reason for OKC to cave into PG's trade request (assuming that's true) at this specifc moment to appease the Clippers, instead of running an auction. The west is wide open and they have 2 MVP calibre players. That's Sam Presti basically admitting he has no confidence in himself to buid a championship team. And/or Clay Bennett sweating over the tax. OKC is a total joke from top to bottom. If you can't play with the big boys, get out of the game.
                I don’t think they had any confidence in the Westbrook with George pairing. They got a good haul for him.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Guessing Westbrook to the Knicks!
                  It's inevitable now.
                  SGA can be the face of OKC,

OR Masai can grab him out of there.
                  Siakam-SGA will be nice.

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
                    I told ya so ...

but raps are in a good position to rebuild.
                    Make up your mind, moron. Either it's all "reverse jink" BS or you're a cynic

Comment

Imagine if the Kawhi deal was done but we bowed out in the 2nd round against the Sixers (very real possibility even this year if Embiid was healthy) .... this would suck even more. The championship was just a big surprise and a bonus for Kawhi, he was always heading home.
                      I agree with the last part. Kawhi was always headed home, basketball was secondary to him. Even if the Raps have pulled the PG move, Kawhi would have taken the dysfunctional Lakers over the Raps.

Raptors could not have done anything else despite "reports" suggesting otherwise.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don’t think they had any confidence in the Westbrook with George pairing. They got a good haul for him.
                        I mean 4 unprotected picks is an incredible haul for any player, especially with a good prospect and other draft opportunities coming in. Clips totally sold the farm, but totally worth it.

Interesting to see what Masai does now. No rush right away, but I wouldn’t be surprised by anything.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Interesting to see what Masai does now. No rush right away, but I wouldn’t be surprised by anything.
                          Masai: "Hey Bobby I'm headed to Africa for 6 weeks, don't want to deal with this shit right now, you'r in charge!"

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That haul is fool's gold. Late lottery picks and below. And what are they going to do with that haul? Draft shitty players? Trade for guys that don't fit? OKC is in treadmill hell for years. They had another year to take a swing at a championship.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not sold on Westbrook as a championship winning player. He's super exciting and puts up ridiculous numbers, but feels like a fool's gold type of player that makes the sum of the parts worse than the whole.

And we didn't have anywhere close to the draft picks. OKC is trying to save money - call it what it is.
                              Russell Westbrooke is Sam Presti's biggest mistake and its a glaring one. Agree with you 100% that Russ is not a guy who will ever win a championship. He wants to be a team guy but when the games are close and the pressure is on Westbrook just never gives up the ball. The old joke was the only guy that could stop Durant when he was in OKC was Westbrook.

Russelll style has soured two All NBA talents in Durant and George to where they left or asked to leave.

Presti is a good GM and knows he made a mistake with Westbrooke but at the time circumstances and optics were such he needed to hand him that deal.

Have to admire Sam for pivoting and using this situation to help rectify that brain cramp on Russell. ..Yeah he still has Russell on a long term deal..... but now he has set himself up with a double cohort of 1st round draft picks for what looks like the next 5 years and a young cornerston guard in Alexander. He can watch that play mature for a few years as I think this gets him out of a big tax situation.

When those picks begin to coalesce into a team in 3 years time.......Watch for Presti to ask Clay Bennett to bite the bullet and buyout the last year or two of Westbrookes deal....

There is a saying.. when big money moves in the marketplace everyone can get a piece of it.
                              Sam got a good chunk brokering a deal that helps him as much as the Clips. .
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 10:00 AM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

I mean 4 unprotected picks is an incredible haul for any player, especially with a good prospect and other draft opportunities coming in. Clips totally sold the farm, but totally worth it.

Yeah Masai has some decisions to make. We are the reigning champions so can’t just trade all our vets and tank...not that he would. They will want to be as competitive as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X