Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

That haul is fool's gold. Late lottery picks and below. And what are they going to do with that haul? Draft shitty players? Trade for guys that don't fit? OKC is in treadmill hell for years. They had another year to take a swing at a championship.
    Nothing is written in stone and we don’t know where those picks will end up falling. Heck they might move Westbrook and go into a full tank.

I think they finally realized they can’t win a championship with Westbrook and aren’t willing to spend another year tinkering.

Comment

• I love Kyle. He's my favourite Raptor of all time easily. I would talk to him and find out if he wants to ride it out here or if he wants to go to a contender. If he does want to move on, we can roll out FVV and see what he's got. If not, Kyle can help us remain competitive and maintain our image of competency and consistency.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        I love Kyle. He's my favourite Raptor of all time easily. I would talk to him and find out if he wants to ride it out here or if he wants to go to a contender. If he does want to move on, we can roll out FVV and see what he's got. If not, Kyle can help us remain competitive and maintain our image of competency and consistency.
        Who's gonna take him at $35+M this year (overpaid imo) and what could you get for him that beats hannging on to him and wishing him well in FA?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Who's gonna take him at $35+M this year (overpaid imo) and what could you get for him that beats hannging on to him and wishing him well in FA?
          Maybe a team like Philly that really needs a point guard that can shoot. I'm not sure who takes him, and I would be very sad to see him go. Masai could figure that out though if it became apparent that Kyle wanted out.

Comment

I love Kyle. He's my favourite Raptor of all time easily. I would talk to him and find out if he wants to ride it out here or if he wants to go to a contender. If he does want to move on, we can roll out FVV and see what he's got. If not, Kyle can help us remain competitive and maintain our image of competency and consistency.
            Nothing is likely to happen over the summer.... The last act in this NBA offseason was Leonard. Teams have made their plans and spent their money. There will be some adds around the edges and some signings but nothing of material value. Never say never but its a good bet to say that.

The big dogs in the East are now the Sixers and the Bucks. The Raps are still a good team but not a contender. They will be in contention to finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th with the Chowders, Pacers, and Nets.

Ujuri already has a couple of strategys in place... He can see what he can get at the trade deadline in terms of assets but it won't be as high a return if he plays out the year with the vets and ushers in the new era of Siakam and OG and Freddy and possibly Norm getting the experience of leading the team. He can renounce all of Serge and Kyle and Marc and even Freddy and have a gazillion dollars in cap space he can use to take on short term deals for draft picks as he rebuilds the Raps for another climb to the top of the mountain...

This is the last year of competive ball for a couple of years I think....We get to enjoy another year of non knick or suns basketball before a very sharp operator in Ujiri comes back to the table with a lot of money ....Sports.. nothing like it.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 10:23 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Nothing is likely to happen over the summer.... The last act in this NBA offseason was Leonard. Teams have made their plans and spent their money. There will be some adds around the edges and some signings but nothing of material value. Never say never but its a good bet to say that.

The big dogs in the East are now the Sixers and the Bucks. The Raps are still a good team but not a contender. They will be in contention to finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th with the Chowders, Pacers, and Nets.

Ujuri already has a couple of strategys in place... He can see what he can get at the trade deadline in terms of assets but it won't be as high a return if he plays out the year with the vets and ushers in the new era of Siakam and OG and Freddy and possibly Norm getting the experience of leading the team. He can renounce all of Serge and Kyle and Marc and even Freddy and have a gazillion dollars in cap space he can use to take on short term deals for draft picks as he rebuilds the Raps for another climb to the top of the mountain...
              It's too bad the FA crop next year wasn't this year's group when we'll have cash. It's just the Raptor's luck.

Comment

It's too bad the FA crop next year wasn't this year's group when we'll have cash. It's just the Raptor's luck.
                We'll be in the market for a starting 2 guard... give Demar Derozan the max?

Comment

• If there are no major summer moves, what's Toronto's opening night starting 5?
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    If there are no major summer moves, what's Toronto's opening night starting 5?
                    Gasol, Pascal, OG, Kyle and FVV

Comment

The Raptors luck saw them take advantage of Leonard somehow getting on the market and they got him.

Every 24 hours the world turns over. ....Who saw that Paul George would be traded in a two day window. No one. The NBA at times runs like a kid in high school who changes schools to play for another team that his buddies are on that can win the city championship. Only there is a shit tonne more money.

Next offseason Masai can take expiring s or even slightly longer bad deals for good picks and keep his cap room open wide enough to make a run at the 2021 class that features some guy whose name comprises most of the Alphabet So will everyone else but the Raps have as good a chance as anyone. You coulnd't say that 5 years ago.
                      - TGO

Comment

• It would be nice to have a couple of picks in the highschool draft.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The Raptors luck saw them take advantage of Leonard somehow getting on the market and they got him.

Every 24 hours the world turns over. ....Who saw that Paul George would be traded in a two day window. No one. The NBA at times runs like a kid in high school who changes schools to play for another team that his buddies are on that can win the city championship. Only there is a shit tonne more money.

Next offseason Masai can take expiring s or even slightly longer bad deals for good picks and keep his cap room open wide enough to make a run at the 2021 class that features some guy whose name comprises most of the Alphabet So will everyone else but the Raps have as good a chance as anyone. You coulnd't say that 5 years ago.
                          Fair enough. I've gone through the grief stage and emerging out of the anger stage

Comment

It would be nice to have a couple of picks in the highschool draft.
                            Yeah.. very very good observation... The double cohort year.... You get a run at the NCAA kids and the high school kids....
                            Its the inevitable sports cycle...
                            Build your assets..
                            Those assets mature and you take your shot. at the title and with the good planning and a bit of luck you win it. (not many do.. see Chowders - Boston)
                            Circumstances may be such you can't stay at the top. Injury factors in. Age factors in. Assets begin to fade in value.
                            So you begin the cycle anew by trading cash cows for new assets that will get you in a spot to make a push to win it all again.

Its been a great .. no a fucking great 6 years.... So there will be a pause as the new era begins ... How that takes shape and who comes and goes will be discussed here for a while...
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 10:48 AM.
                            - TGO

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

Make up your mind, moron. Either it's all "reverse jink" BS or you're a cynic
                              stop crying you little baby ...it's just a game

Comment

• Just to vent a little on the disappontment of Leonard leaving....

It gives me more than a little smile to see the Chris Broussards and Shannon Sharpes and SAS and Ryan Hollins of the world to be so far out in left field on how and what finally went down last night.

Another smarmy grinfucker type ( to me anyway ) is Rachel Nichols. She shit all over her credibility by saying in an interview I just saw on TSN that she was hearing a couple of days ago there were rumblings something was happening with the Clippers and Kawhi.... Sure you did Red.. your so full of shit your eyes are browner than broussards.

No one saw how this was coming about. No one Even up to last night there were prolly discussions going on as Presti played off the Raps n Clips on who would blink first and give him the keys to the mint while getting him out of jail.

In retrospect (which is easy.pickings) I guess we could have clued in to the old business adage that its usually the quietest person in the room that is the big dog and kingmaker. In this case it was the Clippers. Not a word out of them. Right up unitil they agreed to sell the farm for a shot at a title and relevance in their marketplace. The team of Donald Sterling and the how clippers was that move is now finally dead. Good for them. BIg time move.

Now we get to see how it all works out in the West as Ujri goes about the business of starting another new successful era in Raps basketball.
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 11:10 AM.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X