Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clippers are going to have to ride kawhi for more than 60 games a year if they want good seeding in the playoffs. Kawhi might not last 4 years in all honesty.

    Comment


    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Just to vent a little on the disappontment of Leonard leaving....

      It gives me more than a little smile to see the Chris Broussards and Shannon Sharpes and SAS and Ryan Hollins of the world to be so far out in left field on how and what finally went down last night.

      Another smarmy grinfucker type ( to me anyway ) is Rachel Nichols. She shit all over her credibility by saying in an interview I just saw on TSN that she was hearing a couple of days ago there were rumblings something was happening with the Clippers and Kawhi.... Sure you did Red.. your so full of shit your eyes are browner than broussards.

      No one saw how this was coming about. No one Even up to last night there were prolly discussions going on as Presti played off the Raps n Clips on who would blink first and give him the keys to the mint while getting him out of jail.

      In retrospect (which is easy.pickings) I guess I could have clued in to the old business adage that its usually the quietest person in the room that is the big dog and kingmaker. In this case it was the Clippers. Not a word out of them. Right up unitil they agreed to sell the farm for a shot at a title and relevance in their marketplace. The team of Donald Sterling and the how clippers was that move is now finally dead. Good for them. BIg time move.

      Now we get to see how it all works out in the West as Ujri goes about the business of starting another new successful era in Raps basketball.
      Don't forget the power of The Logo

      Comment


      • Kagemusha wrote: View Post

        Don't forget the power of The Logo
        True.. but that move to give up 4 years of draft picks is an ownership call.
        Ballmer went all in for the right now.. the future has been sold for the present. .
        It could work out spectacularly... or it could be Billy King 2.0
        Time will tell.

        Comment


        • KHD wrote: View Post
          clippers are going to have to ride kawhi for more than 60 games a year if they want good seeding in the playoffs. Kawhi might not last 4 years in all honesty.
          Absolutely. Clippers are not as deep as Toronto and will need to play hard to get good seeding in the west. They will be a great playoff team though with two of the best wing defenders in the league.

          Comment


          • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

            True.. but that move to give up 4 years of draft picks is an ownership call.
            Ballmer went all in for the right now.. the future has been sold for the present. .
            It could work out spectacularly... or it could be Billy King 2.0
            Time will tell.
            In the end they had to go to to toe with the Lakers.

            Comment


            • KHD wrote: View Post
              clippers are going to have to ride kawhi for more than 60 games a year if they want good seeding in the playoffs. Kawhi might not last 4 years in all honesty.
              They'll be fine. That squad has decent depth and they still have a few slots to sign ring-chasing vet minimum deals.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Just to vent a little on the disappontment of Leonard leaving....

                It gives me more than a little smile to see the Chris Broussards and Shannon Sharpes and SAS and Ryan Hollins of the world to be so far out in left field on how and what finally went down last night.

                Another smarmy grinfucker type ( to me anyway ) is Rachel Nichols. She shit all over her credibility by saying in an interview I just saw on TSN that she was hearing a couple of days ago there were rumblings something was happening with the Clippers and Kawhi.... Sure you did Red.. your so full of shit your eyes are browner than broussards.

                No one saw how this was coming about. No one Even up to last night there were prolly discussions going on as Presti played off the Raps n Clips on who would blink first and give him the keys to the mint while getting him out of jail.
                I laughed when I saw that interview rthis morning too. But there was one person in the Clips organization who was quoted as saying "don't count us out yet" just a few days ago when all the attention turned to the Lakers absolutely landing Kawhi. I would have soured on him 100% if he went there.

                Ballmer is a rich fat bald crazy old white guy. Did I mention he's filthy rich?
                That's the kind of f-u money that says I want something that's one of the very few things in life that can't be bought; an NBA Championship is harder to buy than love lol. His wife is not bad looking for a rich fat bald crazy old white guy. Did I mention he's filthy rich again?

                So he went out and spent a boatload of cash and plenty of the team's future to be more like Mark Cuban and get a chip before he dies....no amount of houses or boats or cars or trips can bring you the high of a title in the sport you love.
                Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Jul 6th, 2019, 11:38 AM.

                Comment


                • Another thought... Giannis hates to work out with the mainstream stars, is it possible that losing Kawhi actually helps us in the Giannis sweepstakes?

                  Comment


                  • This is insane:

                    Regardless: This is a haul for Oklahoma City. In five or six years, the Thunder may come out of this as the biggest winners. Think about it like this: In a roundabout way, they turned Serge Ibaka (starting with the 2017 deal sending Ibaka to Orlando for Victor Oladipo and the pick that became Domantas Sabonis) into everything they got in this deal. Even if Presti got roped into the proceedings late, he did a remarkable job making the best of it.
                    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ba-title-chase
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • KHD wrote: View Post
                      clippers are going to have to ride kawhi for more than 60 games a year if they want good seeding in the playoffs. Kawhi might not last 4 years in all honesty.
                      He plays about 65 games a year. He won't play more than that. Not sure if he can.

                      Comment


                      • Also good:

                        The DeMar DeRozan version of the Raptors had run its course. LeBron -- Toronto's Voldemort -- leaving the conference did not change that.

                        Losing DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a low first-round pick meant little to the Raptors beyond nostalgia. Every other Leonard suitor had something real to lose, something that would at least make you think -- Jaylen Brown, Brandon Ingram, whatever. Toronto was tethered to nothing.

                        They had been ready to rebuild for years anyway. They would take one shot at glory in the meantime. It worked. They won a title. That is the entire point of this enterprise. Winning even one is hard. They got one. They win the Kawhi Leonard trade forever. And now they move on.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

                        Comment


                        • Trying to scan various sites. Any news from the Raps on this? No comment?

                          Comment


                          • slaw wrote: View Post
                            Trying to scan various sites. Any news from the Raps on this? No comment?

                            Live scenes from Raps office

                            Comment


                            • would you guys do westbrook for lowry

                              Comment


                              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                would you guys do westbrook for lowry
                                I think Raps need to measure twice and cut once. Temptation to react will be strong. Westbrook isn't a playoff winner. Not sure that is the move.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X