No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw...love that the Raps are being super classy but also keeping their pride by sending out thank you tweets and messages to both Kawhi and Danny at the same time on equal footing. Also...time for a new avatar I guess.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      No more summer league for Zion.
      Bust.
      ESPN will have a field day on monday cause they will talk about the fears of Zion not being durable & Barrett poor showing at his first summer league game is an indication of his future too.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

Has someone ever reached out to you for a job opportunity while you were still under contract somewhere else?
        These guys live in a different world than we do like it or not. They’re pro athletes, paid millions to play basketball. There has to be something said about Kawhi blatantly tampering with OKC and screwing over two small market franchises to go to LA. 5 star players went to LA and New York this summer. 1 went to Miami. It’s not good for the league that all these guys are flocking to two cities.

Comment

Has someone ever reached out to you for a job opportunity while you were still under contract somewhere else?
          You realize companies get sued for that all the time, right?

Comment

Sure. That happened when I was really young. I turned down the offer to start my own company and have been running it successfully (plus spinoffs) for over over 20 years.

Back then I didn't sign up to a CBA to abide by a strict set of rules... and neither did the company offering the job opportunity. That said, OKC could have been like the Pelicans and ran an auction. They were under no pressure to deal PG-13 and didn't have to immediately grant his trade request. Seems like they were already looking for an excuse to blow up the team and get out of the tax hell they've been in.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

They gave Golden State a run for their money, a full force Golden State, not the team the Raptors barely beat. Now they have Kawhi. I think you're underestimating the Clippers a tad bit. They're a contender. It's legit.
              Fake narrative. The Warriors didn't take them seriously in the playoffs.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

These guys live in a different world than we do like it or not. They’re pro athletes, paid millions to play basketball. There has to be something said about Kawhi blatantly tampering with OKC and screwing over two small market franchises to go to LA. 5 star players went to LA and New York this summer. 1 went to Miami. It’s not good for the league that all these guys are flocking to two cities.
                It's not good for the fans.. but it's actually good for the league whether we like it or not. NBA makes more money when teams like LA or NY have good teams. It's just the way it is. The NBA is not the NFL.. where the success of a small market team does not hurt their bottom dollar.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Fake narrative. The Warriors didn't take them seriously in the playoffs.
                  Right? Beverly and Lou Williams and Harrell are high end role players, but if they’re in your top 5 and you have little depth beyond (Harkless isn’t much better than Stanley Johnson, I guess theyll sign Zubac), that doesn’t scream contender to me. People do realize that Lou will be 33 when the season starts, right?

They’ll be able to beef up on the cheap because they’re suddenly high profile, but I sure as hell wouldn’t bet on them to win the championship right now.
                  Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Right? Beverly and Lou Williams and Harrell are high end role players, but if they’re in your top 5 and you have little depth beyond (Harkless isn’t much better than Stanley Johnson, I guess theyll sign Zubac), that doesn’t scream contender to me. People do realize that Lou will be 33 when the season starts, right?

They’ll be able to beef up on the cheap because they’re suddenly high profile, but I sure as hell wouldn’t bet on them to win the championship right now.
                    I can't remember what game it was, I think it was Game 2 or 3 or whatever where the Warriors blew a 31pt lead to the Clippers. Teams don't blow 31pt lead in the playoffs, specially the team the caliber of the Warriors. That was a sign that the Warriors were taking it easy on the Clippers.

The next game the Warriors blew them out.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Guys, if the player wants to walk away and not fulfill the contract, that's his right - he just won't be able to get another contract with an NBA team (or many Euro leagues as well who are partnered with the NBA in one form or another). And the team could refuse to pay him, and it would be their right. But neither side actually wants that. So when a player demands a trade, the team has two options. Make a mess and refuse to move him, leading to the player not playing, and the team not paying, and everyone's life is worse. Or, trade them, get some assets (sometimes significant) and move on.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

ESPN will have a field day on monday cause they will talk about the fears of Zion not being durable & Barrett poor showing at his first summer league game is an indication of his future too.

No, RJ is legit.
                        All Zion does is dunk.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's not good for the fans.. but it's actually good for the league whether we like it or not. NBA makes more money when teams like LA or NY have good teams. It's just the way it is. The NBA is not the NFL.. where the success of a small market team does not hurt their bottom dollar.

Maybe in the short term. Long term the NBA is going to lose serious fans, the ones that buy tickets and merchandise and spend their money in general on the league.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

The road to the title is wiiiiiiiide open next year. I'm actually really looking forward to it. If Klay's full strength come playoff time, I've got the Warriors.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Guys, if the player wants to walk away and not fulfill the contract, that's his right - he just won't be able to get another contract with an NBA team (or many Euro leagues as well who are partnered with the NBA in one form or another). And the team could refuse to pay him, and it would be their right. But neither side actually wants that. So when a player demands a trade, the team has two options. Make a mess and refuse to move him, leading to the player not playing, and the team not paying, and everyone's life is worse. Or, trade them, get some assets (sometimes significant) and move on.
                              No, it's not his right. Both players and the team must fulfill the term sof the contract. A player that demands a trade and won't play is in breach. There's no right to be traded in-contract

Comment

• Well it happens a lot in the NBA

Comment

Working...
                                X