No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avery Bradley anyone? I think he could return to form on this team... if they are actually looking to keep the band together.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

No, it's not his right. Both players and the team must fulfill the term sof the contract. A player that demands a trade and won't play is in breach. There's no right to be traded in-contract
      We don't know if PG "demanded a trade". From the Woj article, it feels more like he "requested a trade" and OKC (way too eagerly) granted his wish. My theory is that OKC was already looking for a convenient way out of a bunch of expensive contracts and this was a nice first domino to set in motion. Fanbase can get mad at PG now, instead of Clay Bennett for being too cheap (yet again).

Comment

• Shoot me down if this is stupid... but would it be worth it to take John Wall's contract to get Bradley Beal out of Washington? Say for a couple of our expirings? A core of Wall/Beal/OG/Siakam is pretty exciting especially defensively.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

No, it's not his right. Both players and the team must fulfill the term sof the contract. A player that demands a trade and won't play is in breach. There's no right to be traded in-contract
          Try reading the comment again. Every player has the right, like any employee anywhere, to breach a contract. They just have to live with the consequences. In this case, it would be loss of pay and likely a ban from the NBA at least until the end of the contract. No one is claiming they have a right to be traded where they want to go. What I’m saying is teams trading players (where they want to go or not) is a far less painful process for everyone involved, so that’s how those situations get resolved.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We don't know if PG "demanded a trade". From the Woj article, it feels more like he "requested a trade" and OKC (way too eagerly) granted his wish. My theory is that OKC was already looking for a convenient way out of a bunch of expensive contracts and this was a nice first domino to set in motion. Fanbase can get mad at PG now, instead of Clay Bennett for being too cheap (yet again).
            They got an all time haul. It's a blessing in disguise to start their rebuild.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              Shoot me down if this is stupid... but would it be worth it to take John Wall's contract to get Bradley Beal out of Washington? Say for a couple of our expirings? A core of Wall/Beal/OG/Siakam is pretty exciting especially defensively.
              Good deal but Wiz are assholes they wont do it
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Shoot me down if this is stupid... but would it be worth it to take John Wall's contract to get Bradley Beal out of Washington? Say for a couple of our expirings? A core of Wall/Beal/OG/Siakam is pretty exciting especially defensively.
                Nah. Plus no way Washington does it without Siakam or OG, even if we are taking Wall.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Avery Bradley anyone? I think he could return to form on this team... if they are actually looking to keep the band together.

Comment

• The west is absolutely stacked and there will be some bloodbaths in the first round. With Klay out but perhaps back in March-ish, I could see a scenario where golden state with klay back plays the clippers in the first round. Lots of crazy potential match ups.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

The road to the title is wiiiiiiiide open next year. I'm actually really looking forward to it. If Klay's full strength come playoff time, I've got the Warriors.
                      I dunno. I don't think they can do it without KD and/or great depth. I don't believe in D-Lo but maybe he'll prove me wrong.

It will be a good season for the NBA. Hardly used my League Pass this year but there'll be a lot of teams to keep up with next year.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They got an all time haul. It's a blessing in disguise to start their rebuild.
                        Fool's gold. Late lottery picks at best and most likely into the 20's for most of them isn't a haul. It's worse than the war chest that the Celtics and even the Suns had to work with at one point.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's not good for the fans.. but it's actually good for the league whether we like it or not. NBA makes more money when teams like LA or NY have good teams. It's just the way it is. The NBA is not the NFL.. where the success of a small market team does not hurt their bottom dollar.

The long-term health of small market teams is impacted by this two-tier farm system though. TO isn't going anywhere but some other markets will eventually lose interest and be forced to relocate.

Especially now that the lottery odds no longer give the worst teams the best odds. Some team is going to go through an unprecedented run of bad luck for four or five years and then the small market owners better take a hard look at how badly they've fucked up by allowing the CBA to be rubber stamped in its current form.

Hopefully teams get really pissed off by the time the next CBA is negotiated, which isn't for a few years yet. This shit needs to get fixed yesterday.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Fool's gold. Late lottery picks at best and most likely into the 20's for most of them isn't a haul. It's worse than the war chest that the Celtics and even the Suns had to work with at one point.
                            We'll see. Paul George has a brutal injury history, Kawhi clearly can't make it through a full season without resting and even then he's gonna struggle with health. Lou williams is going to be 34. Montrezl Harrel is their third best player and he's not better than Pascal. Pat Bev has injury history, they don't have a lot of big depth so PG or Kawhi will have to play the 4. Things can go wrong for the clippers, I wouldn't bet on it but to start a rebuild with 5 first round picks and SGA is pretty good if you ask me.

Comment

We'll see. Paul George has a brutal injury history, Kawhi clearly can't make it through a full season without resting and even then he's gonna struggle with health. Lou williams is going to be 34. Montrezl Harrel is their third best player and he's not better than Pascal. Pat Bev has injury history, they don't have a lot of big depth so PG or Kawhi will have to play the 4. Things can go wrong for the clippers, I wouldn't bet on it but to start a rebuild with 5 first round picks and SGA is pretty good if you ask me.
                              All good points. And load management in the Western Conference is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

• Remind me, do teams that spent capspace get any kind of MLE? Room MLE?

Comment

Working...
                                X