Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do we still have de colos rights? That was ages go
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
      How do we still have de colos rights? That was ages go
      Masai kept extending the qualifying offer every year for the last six years
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

      Comment


      • I like Nando. He can play

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          How do we still have de colos rights? That was ages go
          We never had to give up his cap hold or his rights when dipping into free agency. So we just kept it. Why get rid of it if you don't have to, right?

          Comment


          • rocwell wrote: View Post
            I like Nando. He can play
            I think he could slot in nicely eating up Powell minutes and allowing FVV to be more of a 6th man. Also makes Powell expendable in a trade
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post
              Assuming Kawhi comes back.. our tax bill will be crazy. Can't see us matching any offers for Nando.. even if it's in the $5M range. Especially considering the assets Masai gave up to duck some tax this year (ie, giving up 2nd rounders to unload Monroe/Malachi).

              Wish Nando wanted to come back in 2020 instead. We can use him then.
              Welcome to...
              Capdump City, Population: Norm

              Comment


              • Turns out my big cap piece got split into three more manageable pieces to drop over the next few days. Part 1: https://www.raptorshq.com/2019/6/18/...cy-preparation
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Assuming Kawhi comes back.. our tax bill will be crazy. Can't see us matching any offers for Nando.. even if it's in the $5M range. Especially considering the assets Masai gave up to duck some tax this year (ie, giving up 2nd rounders to unload Monroe/Malachi).

                  Wish Nando wanted to come back in 2020 instead. We can use him then.
                  It will be interesting to see how much additional revenue was generated by winning the championship. If it's significant (which I suspect it probably is), that might/should change ownership's perspective on paying the tax.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post

                    It will be interesting to see how much additional revenue was generated by winning the championship. If it's significant (which I suspect it probably is), that might/should change ownership's perspective on paying the tax.
                    We're a tax team this year, yet Masai still made some tax saving moves.. But we can be an even bigger one next year... like the most expensive team "ever" if we keep the entire roster again for another year.. even if Danny gets a bit of a discount. Something will give.

                    It might be Norm.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Serge. He's going to be an expiring contract and teams that lose out in free agency this year (like the Knicks) might take the 1 year hit to field some sort of a roster through the year so they can try again next year.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post

                      We're a tax team this year, yet Masai still made some tax saving moves.. But we can be an even bigger one next year... like the most expensive team "ever" if we keep the entire roster again for another year.. even if Danny gets a bit of a discount. Something will give.

                      It might be Norm.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Serge. He's going to be an expiring contract and teams that lose out in free agency this year (like the Knicks) might take the 1 year hit to field some sort of a roster through the year so they can try again next year.
                      Yeah, but how much is "expensive", exactly? If we generate an extra $50M in revenue through increased in interest in the Raptors and also by going on deep runs, does that offset the tax? Would be interesting to get a feel for the actual numbers.

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        Yeah, but how much is "expensive", exactly? If we generate an extra $50M in revenue through increased in interest in the Raptors and also by going on deep runs, does that offset the tax? Would be interesting to get a feel for the actual numbers.
                        If the Raps keep Kawhi and Green stays at 10M, they project to $75M in tax, with a total salary + tax roster cost of $235M. If just Kawhi re-signs and Danny walks (or they re-sign him but shed the equivalent of his salary elsewhere), that total is $190M. $190M is the reasonable expectation for a champion, I think, with this year's number being about $165M. The $235M is nutty.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • MLSE has always said they would back up the Brinks Truck for the right team. I guess that's easy to say but those TV numbers and merch sales must have some kind of impact
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            Yeah, but how much is "expensive", exactly? If we generate an extra $50M in revenue through increased in interest in the Raptors and also by going on deep runs, does that offset the tax? Would be interesting to get a feel for the actual numbers.
                            I just used the capulator:
                            http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...48720631076326

                            Assume Gasol opts in, and we give Kawhi a 1+1 max, plus bring back Danny for $10M.... our tax payment will be $50M

                            So that revenue would be used up on just the tax payment itself.. Don't see MLSE signing up for it.. hope they do though

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post

                              We're a tax team this year, yet Masai still made some tax saving moves.. But we can be an even bigger one next year... like the most expensive team "ever" if we keep the entire roster again for another year.. even if Danny gets a bit of a discount. Something will give.

                              It might be Norm.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Serge. He's going to be an expiring contract and teams that lose out in free agency this year (like the Knicks) might take the 1 year hit to field some sort of a roster through the year so they can try again next year.
                              If they ever were gonna break the bank then a title defense year is the best time to generate support for such an endeavor.

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post

                                If the Raps keep Kawhi and Green stays at 10M, they project to $75M in tax, with a total salary + tax roster cost of $235M. If just Kawhi re-signs and Danny walks (or they re-sign him but shed the equivalent of his salary elsewhere), that total is $190M. $190M is the reasonable expectation for a champion, I think, with this year's number being about $165M. The $235M is nutty.
                                I suspect Serge or Marc won't start the year. As much as they both add in their own way (character & dressing room I believe is immeasurable for Serge), its not feasible to pay roughly 46 million to 48 minutes of non-elite play.

                                Powell is another one, where maybe a McCaw or a Macolm Miller can step in. ("Malcolm Miller???" Some of you might say..."He's just not ready!!"). Well that is the reality of a champion, years go by, and you have to keep filling the depth cheaper and cheaper to keep the top end core going. Golden State did it and is doing it now...alfonzo mckinnie anyone?

                                This roster may take a half step back just to keep the starting lineup, and hope for some internal growth from the pascals and the OGs. Serge could net us a nice draft pick from the right team I think
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X