Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sure, the NBA will be interesting.. but the Raptors themselves probably won't be. It's nice to see the West have a bit more parity with the Warriors now dismantled.. and seeing teams with 2 stars instead of 3. But that's all in the West. I'm not staying up until midnight to watch some random Clipper or Laker game.

And I agree.. if the Clippers win it will suck.. but that team is stacked. They have two 6MOY guys with PG & Kawhi. Bev is a nasty defender.. Shamet can shoot. I always liked JaMychal Green. And they have one of the better coaches in the league. I'm hoping they fail but I have them as the favourite right now.
    I think the Lakers supporting cast is better....Cousins, Green, Kuzma, Rondo, Cook, Dudley, Bradley...shooters, scorers, and playoff warriors.

But it really comes down to the top 2, and frankly the Kawhi George pairing is beyond frightening. It's like the best wing in the world, and arguably the 2nd or 3rd best, long rangy, iso players that are both shutdown D

Davis can't do much on his own, and James is aging fast
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Is he playing 36 minutes per game? And who's pitching in to get him some of those easy looks from Kawhi being out there? I no doubt think he improves but things are going to be much more difficult because defenses will be keying in on him.
      A lot of it will come down to whether he establishes a game above the break (pull up jumper and a better three-ball). If he does that, it really won't matter how much attention he gets cause, at that point, he will basically be unguardable one-on-one. We saw that the only way to stop him in the playoffs was to put bigs on him and take away the lane. If he draws those guys outside and can score, you're now having to put smaller players on him and that opens up his inside game. The final step will be putting together all of those pieces of his game but that's probably a couple years away.

Given that I thought he'd be lucky to be a rotation player, I'm not going to predict whether the above can happen or not but he found a three-ball under the chair and a dribble-drive game behind the couch, so we'll see.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Is he playing 36 minutes per game? And who's pitching in to get him some of those easy looks from Kawhi being out there? I no doubt think he improves but things are going to be much more difficult because defenses will be keying in on him.
        I do think Pascal will struggle and we'll see his efficiency dip. But that there are so few scoring options on the team right now that he'll probably post some nice totals anyway. And yeah, Pascal may well be lined up for 36 MPG this year. Have to see how he handles it, but he's the star now, gotta have him out there a lot.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hands up all the people who thought Pascal Siakam would even be a starter when he was drafted.

Hands up all the people who 12 months ago thought Siakam would be the 2nd leading scorer on an NBA champion.

Anyone?

Comment

Sure, the NBA will be interesting.. but the Raptors themselves probably won't be. It's nice to see the West have a bit more parity with the Warriors now dismantled.. and seeing teams with 2 stars instead of 3. But that's all in the West. I'm not staying up until midnight to watch some random Clipper or Laker game.

And I agree.. if the Clippers win it will suck.. but that team is stacked. They have two 6MOY guys with PG & Kawhi. Bev is a nasty defender.. Shamet can shoot. I always liked JaMychal Green. And they have one of the better coaches in the league. I'm hoping they fail but I have them as the favourite right now.
            Clippers have 3 guys (PG, Kawhi, Lou) who can get their own shot at the end of the clock with defenders draped all over them...... and aren't afraid to shoot either (can shoot & will shoot are different things, as we found out). They have 3-pt shooters and superior defenders up and down the lineup. Other than injuries, I don't see how the Clippers can possibly lose.

Comment

• ??

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                ??

All-NBA hype man.

Comment

??

One of my favorite movies as a kid. Lotta gif potential this year

Comment

??

Really odd signing. He's really not good.

All the signings so far have lacked any sort of obvious cohesive plan to them. But the rest were all players I could get excited about. This one... Not a fan.

The roster is becoming a bit of a jumble, and I'd still not be surprised if there was a trade before training camp, but even that is becoming non-obvious in how they would do it with so many end-of-bench pieces locked in.

Also, really hoping this isn't leading up to them cutting Malcolm Miller.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Devin Robinson is also signed.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Really odd signing. He's really not good.

All the signings so far have lacked any sort of obvious cohesive plan to them. But the rest were all players I could get excited about. This one... Not a fan.

The roster is becoming a bit of a jumble, and I'd still not be surprised if there was a trade before training camp, but even that is becoming non-obvious in how they would do it with so many end-of-bench pieces locked in.

Also, really hoping this isn't leading up to them cutting Malcolm Miller.
                        He's probably gets lead crack at the 3rd string point guard that we needed does he not?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Devin Robinson is also signed.
                          McCaw, Stanley Johnson, Hollis Jefferson, Payne, Robinson...

PAGING ALL 23 YEAR OLDS BETWEEN THE HEIGHTS of 6'4 and 6'8 AT THE END OF OTHER TEAMS BENCHES! I REPEAT! ALL 10th MEN IN THEIR EARLY to MID 20s, REPORT TO MASAI UJIRI

Comment

...Ultimately I will watch because I'm a fan of the team but I'm really not expecting much...
                            Spicy P and OG progression.
                            KLOE
                            Who comes out of nowhere to shake things up?
                            What are Masai's next mover.
                            Celtics
                            Knicks
                            Lakers

Seven storylines to follow this season. Meet the Celtics and Knicks 4 times each. Meet the Lakers at least twice
                            What about playing the Clippers in the "Grudge Game?"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

He's probably gets lead crack at the 3rd string point guard that we needed does he not?
                              Needed? We have Loyd, who should be getting a bigger role than last year, and Davis, who is a combo guard but would do fine in that third PG spot. We had 15 guys. Who do you cut to give the 3rd PG spot to Payne? Someone is getting cut (or traded).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Needed? We have Loyd, who should be getting a bigger role than last year, and Davis, who is a combo guard but would do fine in that third PG spot. We had 15 guys. Who do you cut to give the 3rd PG spot to Payne? Someone is getting cut (or traded).
                                Or maybe we're making Fred a full-time SG?

Comment

Working...
                                X