Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DanH wrote: View Post

    Good for Masai making this happen.
    ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

    Comment


    • Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Lol Daryl Morey again places foot in the mouth at the wrong time.

      https://www.yahoo.com/sports/china-s...171331330.html
      China's reaction is basically "you hurt my feelings. I'm talking my ball and going home!"

      Sad in this day and age, we still have entire nations behaving like whiny little bitches.

      Comment


      • The Nets owner's response is BS. Morey is not supporting a Hong Kong separatist movement. There is no Hong Kong separatist movement - that take is straight up CPC propaganda.

        This is the tip of the iceberg for the NBA in developing business interests in China. You can't escape the politics of dealing with the economy of an authoritarian state (see: Hauwei). It's easy when politics are good PR for your league & ultimately your bottom line (Trayvon Martin). It's a whole different thing if your "NBA values" stand to cost you millions (billions?) of dollars. The NBA is either going to make hard decisions that will cost it money in the coming years, or its wokeness is going to be exposed as pandering for market share.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • Are these new nba measurements rounded down or do we just not have the published measurements yet (re KD being 6’10 and him saying in interview “yeah, I’m 6’10.75”).

          Comment


          • Raptors fans can rest easy — Muggsy Bogues will be the focus of GoDaddy campaign

            https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...-campaign.html

            Great news!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

            Comment


            • slaw wrote: View Post

              Good for Morey. Shame on the NBA. Even more so for making him apologize. Wrong side of history you cowards. Perhaps the progressive fighters against fascism Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich can weigh in?

              Easy to criticize Trump. Not so easy to criticize real dictators, murderers and tyrants.
              I'm gonna play DA here since its easy to nitpick on the players.

              The reason why Kerr, Pop and Lebron can weigh in on Trump is because they lived in USA. Lebron grew up poor and struggled with many things black americans faced. Of course he is going to take a stand on something he is familiar with. Why are we expecting them to weigh-in on things that they don't know enough of and don't care for.

              Nilanka wrote: View Post

              China's reaction is basically "you hurt my feelings. I'm talking my ball and going home!"

              Sad in this day and age, we still have entire nations behaving like whiny little bitches.
              China is 100% in their right to do what they did. Similar to how the American public is reacting to the NBA. Similar to Trump - they are doing anything they want. If USA corporations have the balls, then they are allowed to disassociate from them. I also see both sides as whiny. The scenario is that you own a business and you have 2 options:

              1.You appease to the customer.
              2. You tell him to fuck off and take their money elsewhere.

              NBA is choosing 1.


              S.R. wrote: View Post
              The Nets owner's response is BS. Morey is not supporting a Hong Kong separatist movement. There is no Hong Kong separatist movement - that take is straight up CPC propaganda.

              This is the tip of the iceberg for the NBA in developing business interests in China. You can't escape the politics of dealing with the economy of an authoritarian state (see: Hauwei). It's easy when politics are good PR for your league & ultimately your bottom line (Trayvon Martin). It's a whole different thing if your "NBA values" stand to cost you millions (billions?) of dollars. The NBA is either going to make hard decisions that will cost it money in the coming years, or its wokeness is going to be exposed as pandering for market share.
              Trayvon Martin and this is completely different. The NBA players have more empathy towards that because it is something they/their families may face on a daily basis. They have no idea and are not well informed enough about HK to be making comments. If they started making comments about HK - would they then have to make comments on EVERY single world issue (HK isn't even the worst atm imo, but they are getting the most media coverage).

              PS: Politics in sports is annoying as not everyone is well informed enough to be talking about it. I admit that I am just laying out information and I really don't care enough to go out there and make a difference (not that it would matter anyways).
              Last edited by Truth Teller; Tue Oct 8th, 2019, 03:40 AM.

              Comment


              • terrence davis is nutty!!

                Comment


                • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  terrence davis is nutty!!

                  Comment


                  • S.R. wrote: View Post
                    The Nets owner's response is BS. Morey is not supporting a Hong Kong separatist movement. There is no Hong Kong separatist movement - that take is straight up CPC propaganda.

                    This is the tip of the iceberg for the NBA in developing business interests in China. You can't escape the politics of dealing with the economy of an authoritarian state (see: Hauwei). It's easy when politics are good PR for your league & ultimately your bottom line (Trayvon Martin). It's a whole different thing if your "NBA values" stand to cost you millions (billions?) of dollars. The NBA is either going to make hard decisions that will cost it money in the coming years, or its wokeness is going to be exposed as pandering for market share.
                    Hmmmmmm, I wonder which direction they would prefer to choose...money...or doing the right thing....hmmmmmmmm......



                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • So, I saw this interesting tweet last night:



                      The knock on Buddy is that he's "old". Going to turn 27 in December. But he's an elite 3pt shooter and would be an awesome fit at SG for us. Looks like he's looking for the max. Sacramento paid Barnes like $80M over 4 years this summer. They have to pay Bogdan Bogdanovic next summer as his contract is also expiring. Than Fox in 2 years who will definitely get the max.

                      I think Buddy is worth the max if someone like Jamaal Murray is.. Murray is 4 years younger but Buddy's stats are better and they were drafted in the same year. Does age matter that much? Buddy will still be in his prime years for those 4-5 years. 27-32.

                      We could lose the max slot in 2021 though.

                      Could probably get him for OG + (RHJ, SJ or PM) and our FRP.
                      Last edited by planetmars; Sat Oct 12th, 2019, 10:28 AM.

                      Comment


                      • planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So, I saw this interesting tweet last night:



                        The knock on Buddy is that he's "old". Going to turn 27 in December. But he's an elite 3pt shooter and would be an awesome fit at SG for us. Looks like he's looking for the max. Sacramento paid Barnes like $80M over 4 years this summer. They have to pay Bogdan Bogdanovic next summer as his contract is also expiring. Than Fox in 2 years who will definitely get the max.

                        I think Buddy is worth the max if someone like Jamaal Murray is.. Murray is 4 years younger but Buddy's stats are better and they were drafted in the same year. Does age matter that much? Buddy will still be in his prime years for those 4-5 years. 27-32.

                        We could lose the max slot in 2021 though.

                        Could probably get him for OG + (RHJ, SJ or PM) and our FRP.
                        Buddy Hield is a heck of player. Sac would most likely try to move Bog Bogdanovic as an expiring before moving Hield if they wanted $ flexibility though (like we did with Delon). Hield on an open trade market (even if it was known he wanted out of SAC), would likely attract more then an OG + FRP package.

                        OG is a 3 & D player. Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I personally think this whole "making a Pascal leap", "new MIP", or expect to him somehow fill the vacuum Kawhi left on the offence does more harm than good for him (at least this year) . He's a 3 & D player. That's where he found most success on the team on his rookie year. Limited usage/role on offence as a spot-up shooter, while being able to exert full effort on D by locking down the best opposing player. That's it.

                        Establish that, and he'll be a productive starter on this team for years. An oversized Danny Green. Then, we he's around 25-26 (around the age Pascal broke out), try to gradually add other elements to your game, with the confidence you have your bread and butter to fall back to, if it's not for you. Trying to do too much this year is just making him look like these SJ/Rondae type of guys, and that's not good for him, his game, his confidence or his potential trade value. Before you become a chef at restaurant you gotta learn to make good chicken and rice at home first.
                        ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                        Comment


                        • Buddy would be an instant starter for us. He is entering his prime so it makes sense for the Kings to trade him if they are not ready to make the playoffs.

                          The big issue is that he wants big money, but we should be able to give him a big contract and still have space for Giannis.

                          Comment


                          • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                            Buddy would be an instant starter for us. He is entering his prime so it makes sense for the Kings to trade him if they are not ready to make the playoffs.

                            The big issue is that he wants big money, but we should be able to give him a big contract and still have space for Giannis.
                            Yep. A nucleus of Hield, Giannis and Siakam on their respective primes is championship material. I feel like getting via trade now another backcourt star entering his prime in 2021 (to pair with Siakam), even if it's not a super high caliber player (for example Beal or Hield), would make it more enticing for Giannis in free agency.
                            ==Glad to have doubted the doubters==

                            Comment


                            • Saw this on reddit...

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X