No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm calling it a night. See you in the morning folks!

Comment

• Did the Clippers blink... just a little ?
      The sheer volume of players and talent that came off the board on day one has resulted in them signing Beverly before the primo target... Leonard.
      Not something you usually do.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• So it sounds like Durant left town because of the truth:

But perhaps it would have helped the Warriors’ cause if their fans showed more love and appreciation for Durant’s elite achievements. Instead, there was a perception that the world’s most talented basketball player just jumped onto the championship bandwagon.
        https://theundefeated.com/features/k...-his-own-team/

Comment

• Raptors' pest Ish Smith signs with the Wizards

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

I meant it more as a shot about team medical staff being called out
            His interview on the Breakfast Club was quite interesting. He is promoting his new book, The Sixth Man, and he talked about the KD situation. Guy is a smart dude.

Comment

• Also, as rosters are currently constructed, the Celtics are going to get mauled on a nightly basis in the paint.

Comment

• I’m not sure what the warriors are doing. I know KD would have been lost cap if he left but maybe they are just acquiring a tradable asset but Russell isn’t much of a fit going forward.

One thus his is for sure, they have an owner that doesn’t mind spending.

Comment

• Nice to see Jamal getting paid. Would be good to see Siakam get an extension to his rookie deal as well. Best bargain in the league last year and this upcoming year.

Comment

• I see that one of the rumored moves that the Lakers have made is offering Rondo a vet min contact and 24 hours to decide. If I'm Masai, I offer Rondo a vet min contract (no time limit on the decision), not just to mess with the Lakers, but also because he'd be an inexpensive high-quality stopgap if Danny Green goes to the Mavs and FVV plays more minutes as a result.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                      I see that one of the rumored moves that the Lakers have made is offering Rondo a vet min contact and 24 hours to decide. If I'm Masai, I offer Rondo a vet min contract (no time limit on the decision), not just to mess with the Lakers, but also because he'd be an inexpensive high-quality stopgap if Danny Green goes to the Mavs and FVV plays more minutes as a result.
                      Except.. Rondo is known as a stat (assist) hunting guard who wants the ball in his hands as much as possible, and perceived as a bit of a malcontent in the lockerroom.

Comment

• The russell to GSW is a huge surprise..,brilliant move as well. Russell should help keep GSW in the race until klay comes back. And when klay returns Russell is a great trade chip to help rebuild the depth they had before acquiring durant.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Except.. Rondo is known as a stat (assist) hunting guard who wants the ball in his hands as much as possible, and perceived as a bit of a malcontent in the lockerroom.
                          Rondo having the ball *and* hunting assists doesn't sound like a bad thing for our second unit as currently constructed. And Rondo at the vet min could probably be traded to any of half a dozen teams of our choice for a heavily protected second rounder if he doesn't fall in line with what the team has going.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I’m not sure what the warriors are doing. I know KD would have been lost cap if he left but maybe they are just acquiring a tradable asset but Russell isn’t much of a fit going forward.

One thus his is for sure, they have an owner that doesn’t mind spending.
                            Losing KD and Klay for next year (and possibly Boogie) they needed another scorer. Also moving to a new arena they need another "allstar" to market to the ticket buying fans. When Klay returns situation gets unclear. Perhaps they are looking at a 3-guard type line-up where you load up on big time shooters / shot creators and get 2-bigs to set screens, rebound...

Comment

• Could be a very boring and aggravating 24 - 48 hours.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Could be a very boring and aggravating 24 - 48 hours.
                                It's definitely going to be a slow time for news, and it seems almost certain that we're not going to hear about Kawhi's decision one way or the other until at least Tuesday + possibly even Wednesday. I'll still be keeping an eye on a couple of things, though; firstly, how Philly and Miami are going to make things work with Butler, and secondly, how many mid-size/mid-level signings happen while we wait for big news.

In regards to Philly/Miami, a lot of teams have already spent their cap, so if Dallas can't get a deal made with Miami there could going to be some interesting bargaining happening with the Clippers or Lakers there (though both those teams may demur in the hopes of Butler popping free if the deal breaks down, and becoming a nice consolation prize in the event they don't sign Kawhi). And the other ongoing signings mean that the Lakers are also going to find themselves under increasing pressure to get a headstart on filling out the rest of their roster with vet minimum signings.

Personally, if I'm the Lakers, I'm weighing the pros and cons of bringing in Dragic from Miami, which is not a Butler-level signing but leaves them some cap to help them not be so top-heavy (and possibly gives them a chance to bring in some draft picks to replace the ones the Pelicans were sent). It would be a serious star-power disappointment weighed against either Kawhi or Butler, but it might actually result in a better team overall over the next two seasons depending on what their other moves were.

Comment

Working...
                                X