No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised about Ingram being included in the trade; did I miss his blood clots clearing up? I suppose he must've passed some type of physical

Comment

• It’s really fun and rewarding visiting a Celtics forum and watching their fan base lose it over not getting AD. I recommend the Fire Ainge thread. Will bring a smile to your face.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        This is a little different than the Brooklyn thing though. Anthony Davis isn't a guy at the end of the road, he may only be just getting started. That said, what they gave of for Davis compared to what Masai gave up for Kawhi is stunning.
        'Bron has only so much left in his tank. He's 34 with a ton of miles, we finally saw him break down a nit this year. Maybe he has 2022 left in him. AD is not a pillar of health either. These picks could be decent gong forward. This was a huge haul for the Pels, and it could be devastating for the Lakers.

Comment

• Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

'Bron has only so much left in his tank. He's 34 with a ton of miles, we finally saw him break down a nit this year. Maybe he has 2022 left in him. AD is not a pillar of health either. These picks could be decent gong forward. This was a huge haul for the Pels, and it could be devastating for the Lakers.
            The Lakers are different from the Nets though. The Lakers have a prestige about them that is appealing to some players. They also get a heavy level of attention which is appealing to some players. They also offer players avenues off the court that they can't get elsewhere. They're probably confident that they can recruit other FA's later to come in for a second phase of AD later. Anyway, they're all in and as a Raptors fan who just witnessed the product of a successful all in I don't have any hate for this.

However, the league needs to do something about agencies having this much power. Clutch Sports has too much power.

Comment

• This is how it goes down... we say "Nahhh man, you can't have Masai", and we pass them over Bobby Webster for Bradley Beal, fair trade, done and done.

REPEAT!

Comment

• Who are the clippers getting that they can team up with Kawhi? They cleared cap room to get multiple Max players. Who’s left? Kyrie to Brooklyn, KD to NY, Brooklyn or GS. Klay to GS. Butler... who the fuck cares, Middleton is staying with bucks(just bought property there), they’re not going after Harris. Not really seeing who else they’re bringing in.

I’m liking our chances more and more

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  It’s really fun and rewarding visiting a Celtics forum and watching their fan base lose it over not getting AD. I recommend the Fire Ainge thread. Will bring a smile to your face.
                  Can u post the link ? Thx

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
                    I'm surprised about Ingram being included in the trade; did I miss his blood clots clearing up? I suppose he must've passed some type of physical
                    The rumors were that it wasnt a long term thing. Dont know enough to say if thats true or not, but from my understanding his issue was different from what ended Bosh’s career.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is one ...

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        What I don't get is why the Pelicans couldn't make this deal during the deadline last year? It's really the same deal that's always been proposed. If Tatum was never going to be on the table than why wait?

Anyway.. this probably make Jrue Holiday available as well. A team like the Suns or Magic should make a phone call.
                        I think Holiday stays....
                        Taller ( 6' 3" ) pass first PGs who can play defense are gold....and now the Pellys have two of them who can play lead guard or play off ball...Ball out of LA is good for him. This guys isn't Evan Turner... He has some chops. Getting out of LA is good for him.

On a macro level.

Its a trade the Lakers HAD to make.. They HAD TO.... and when you get into negotiations with not as much leverage as the other guy .. you have to give up more ...and give the Lakers did. They gave up 2 NBA starters . LA is a marquee franchise and the NBA as a business has to be delighted they are back in the news cycles. .. but the clear cut winner without the the biased blinders of the LA media on this deal is the backwater Nawlins Pelicans.

Bravado ?
                        No.. I don't think I am whistling past the grave yard...for a few reasons. To start ...who would you rather have as lead on the negotiations.. David Griffin or Rob Pelinka and the bumbling dysfunctional Lakers front office ...just going in the Pellys had the upper hand.

The Lakers gave up 2 number 2s pick players who have had some seasoning. They also gave up a young bench player in Hart. How good is he? Not sure but he is better than what the Pellys had before the trade. Bench players are important.as we saw in the Philly and Warriors series. The big dogs have to rest at some point and if you throwing out chihuahuas to soak up minutes you pay big time. Not so much in the reg season but when it matters in the second round and beyond.

As hard as it is to believe that Griffin got 3 firsts including this years number 4 (who he can parlay in a trade into yet another grade A prospect and another pick or just pick a player he likes.He also got 2 more LA firsts but here is the kicker.... he also got pick swaps in off years. You know the kind pick swaps that Billy King gave up to the Chowders when faced with a similar no leverage position. Those pick swaps turned the Celtics 27th pick into top 3 picks. Twice. Not that LA is going to suck with Davis.. but then.. King didn't think the Nets would fall off the face of the earth as fast as they did. It does pay to learn from history.

OK.. the Lakers got AD. A bona fide NBA stud. But for consideration ...just look at what the Raps did to the Warriors. The GSW had two bona fides studs in in Curry and Thompson. AND they had Draymond Green. AND they had a long in the tooth but still effing good front line player in Igudoal. And the Warriors lost. So are Lebron and AD as good as Curry and Thompson... long discussion on that... but its close. .. But where is the Lakers Draymond Green ? Where is their Andre Igudoual ? The Warriors had Boogie and Sean Livingston coming off the bench. At present the Lakers bench is ... well.. nothing.

Davis for all his credentials and he is a really really really good player.... has never made it out of round 2. So a simple question....If AD is so fucking good.. why has Nawlins been so fucking bad on balance in his 7 years in the Big Easy ?

Consider its the same people trumpeting this trade and saying the Lakers are now contenders are the same people who largely cover the Lakers as beat writers for the NBA MSM. One would think they might learn after anointing the Celtics as a 70 win team with a clear path to the NBA finals in 2018-19.

One thing that is true... Is that the NBA is 365 day a year league.
                        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 16, 2019, 11:32 AM.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          Who are the clippers getting that they can team up with Kawhi? They cleared cap room to get multiple Max players. Who’s left? Kyrie to Brooklyn, KD to NY, Brooklyn or GS. Klay to GS. Butler... who the fuck cares, Middleton is staying with bucks(just bought property there), they’re not going after Harris. Not really seeing who else they’re bringing in.

I’m liking our chances more and more
                          The word is if they struck out on the top dogs they might wait a year and try again next summer.

With AD with the Lakers their competition for players has been increased. It's probably Kawhi or bust for the Clippers.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

I think Holiday stays....
                            Taller ( 6' 3" ) pass first PGs who can play defense are gold....and now the Pellys have two of them who can play lead guard or play off ball...Ball out of LA is good for him. This guys isn't Evan Turner... He has some chops. Getting out of LA is good for him.

On a macro level.

Its a trade the Lakers HAD to make.. They HAD TO.... and when you get into negotiations with not as much leverage as the other guy .. you have to give up more ...and give the Lakers did. They gave up 2 NBA starters . LA is a marquee franchise and the NBA as a business has to be delighted they are back in the news cycles. .. but the clear cut winner without the the biased blinders of the LA media on this deal is the backwater Nawlins Pelicans.

Bravado ?
                            No.. I don't think I am whistling past the grave yard...for a few reasons. To start ...who would you rather have as lead on the negotiations.. David Griffin or Rob Pelinka and the bumbling dysfunctional Lakers front office ...just going in the Pellys had the upper hand.

The Lakers gave up 2 number 2s pick players who have had some seasoning. They also gave up a young bench player in Hart. How good is he? Not sure but he is better than what the Pellys had before the trade. Bench players are important.as we saw in the Philly and Warriors series. The big dogs have to rest at some point and if you throwing out chihuahuas to soak up minutes you pay big time. Not so much in the reg season but when it matters in the second round and beyond.

As hard as it is to believe that Griffin got 3 firsts including this years number 4 (who he can parlay in a trade into yet another grade A prospect and another pick or just pick a player he likes.He also got 2 more LA firsts but heres the kicker. he also got pick swaps in off years. You know the kind pick swaps that Billy King gave up to the Chowders when faced with a similar no leverage position. Those pick swaps turned the Celtics 27th pick into top 3 picks. Twice.
                            Not that LA is going to suck.. but then.. King didn't think the Nets would suck either. It does pay to learn from history.

OK.. the Lakers got AD. A bona fide NBA stud. But just look at what the Raps did to the Warriors. The GSW had two bona fides studs in in Curry and Thompson. Then they had Draymond Green. They had a long in the tooth but still effing good front line player in Igudoal. And the Warriors lost.
                            So are Lebron and AD as good as Curry and Thompson... long discussion on that... but where is the Lakers Draymond Green ? Where is their Andre Igudoual ? The Warriors had Boogie and Sean Livingston coming off the bench. At present the Lakers have well.. nothing.

Davis for all his credentials and he is a really really really good player.... has never made it out of round 2. To exacerbate that a legit question..If he is so fucking good.. why has Nawlins been so fucking bad on balance in his 7 years in the Big Easy ?

Consider its the same people trumpeting this trade and saying the Lakers are now contenders are the same people who largely cover the Lakers as beat writers for the NBA MSM. One would think they might learn after anointing the Celtics as a 70 win team with a clear path to the NBA finals in 2018-19.

One thing that is true... Is that the NBA is 365 day a year league.
                            The Warriors were banged up. You mention Klay but he was playing through injuries. Iggy was playing through injuries. If we're talking a healthy Warriors team without Durant I'm not 100% sure the Raptors win it all.

LeBron almost beat the Warriors by himself. Now he has arguably the most dominate traditional big man in the league to pair with him plus Kyle Kuzma who has all star upside, maybe fulfilled this coming season. Plus they have enough cap space to sign a Jimmy Butler or Tobias Harris or Kemba Walker or whoever. I don't think this is a simple math equation to determine whether the Raptors can beat a revamped Lakers. We need to see what else they do but James, Davis, Kuz and scrubs is no easy victory.

Comment

• Its all about timing for the Lakers to round out their roster

https://www.espn.com/nba/

Exciting off season ahead

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

i recommend pouring a nice cup of tea and putting your feet up and scrolling through these two. It’s delightful.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=8&t=1853484

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/inde...topic=100342.0

Comment

Working...
                                X