No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeeaally hoping this Lakers talk is just the Lakers front office talking themselves up after meeting with Kawhi, but who knows.

Comment

• don't but it. if the timeline we have been hearing is correct he would t have even met with the raptors yet.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        don't but it. if the timeline we have been hearing is correct he would t have even met with the raptors yet.
        Or even the Clippers. That meeting was rumoured to be tomorrow. Then Toronto either later tomorrow or Wednesday.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

A guy going to a team near his hometown isn't going to scuttle any reputation built up by this franchise.

The risk and reward here is simple. If Kawhi stays, we have Kawhi, a generational superstar. If he leaves, we don't. That's it.
          I would say the risk of losing a generational superstar, especially since we catered to his every whim, is a pretty big deal.

To lose out by geography is kinda worse than losing out by front office incompetence or anything like that, cause at least you can change the latter issue.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

I would say the risk of losing a generational superstar, especially since we catered to his every whim, is a pretty big deal.

To lose out by geography is kinda worse than losing out by front office incompetence or anything like that, cause at least you can change the latter issue.
            Nah. Not every player is from the LA area. Did Miami fall into the sea after LeBron went to Cleveland?

Believe in this city. Believe in yourselves.

We'll be fine either way.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
              Perkins says the Clippers are still in play. fwiw. Who know?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Perkins says the Clippers are still in play. fwiw. Who know?

I believe Perkins over an unverified account with no name attached

Comment

• Until I hear something from the Toronto front office, it's all just noise. We've had how many weeks of "sure thing, inside information" telling us Kawhi was going to the Clippers, Lakers, Nets and New York. And here we are. How many of the talking head and "reliable sources" have been right about any of these free agent moves? How many have been right about one or two and wrong about 5 or 6 because they made lucky guesses?

Even if some media wag announced Kawhi to Toronto I wouldn't believe it until Masai announced it.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Did Miami fall into the sea after LeBron went to Cleveland?
                    i mean...kinda!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Raps always had geography problem. Why we act like that changed?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I believe Perkins over an unverified account with no name attached
                        The dude just deleted his reddit account after they figured out he is probably Jeannie Buss's nephew.

He apparently provided proof to the Lakers mods multiple times so I doubt he was some nobody, even if he turns out to be wrong.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The dude just deleted his reddit account after they figured out he is probably Jeannie Buss's nephew.

He apparently provided proof to the Lakers mods multiple times so I doubt he was some nobody, even if he turns out to be wrong.
                          if true hope this was one of Kawhis "tests" and Jeanie nephew just blew it for the Lakers

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

And went right on twitter to keep posting? If they figured out they had a leak and then the poster pops up again on twitter, how does that protect anyone?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Raps always had geography problem. Why we act like that changed?
                              And not only that, Kawhi wanted the Lakers to trade for him last year. He wanted to be a Laker and apparently reached out to them last off-season, before he was traded to Toronto. He never chose or wanted to be here. The only reason he isn't a Laker already is because he's leery of that franchise's front office AND because the Raps just won a championship. He's going to be in L.A. sooner or later, folks. Home is where the heart is.

Comment

• Even though I think there's a decent chance Kawhi leaves, I'm surprised how little faith people around here have in Masai. The dude's entire career has been leading up to this moment, and there's no way in hell he's going down without a fight.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X