Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Crazy how much Boogies stock has fallen. I almost feel bad for the guy. I mean:

Vucevic: 25 million
    Valanciunas: 15 million
    Dedmon: 14 million
    Lopez: 13 million
    Portis: 15 million

Demarcus Cousins: Maybe someone will bring him on with MLE or veterans minimum?? This guy was talked about as possibly the best big in the world 2 years ago, right there with AD
    He went through a brutal lower body injury and he's a big boy. Plus he's a personality and history tells us that people who aren't easy tend to have trouble finding a gig when the production declines sometimes even a little. AI is a good example of it. So too is Melo.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Problem with boogie is that he provides alot of locker room issues. He had he chance last year NOP offered him 40/2 years. He thought he deserved a max coming off an achilles injury for a big man that is unrealistic. Think alot of front office are wearing of even giving him a one year as he might just blow up the locker room and try to increase his FA value by taking shots that might not be planned for the system for him to take. What boogie thinks he's worth and what the rest of the league thinks he worth seems to be miles apart.
      I mean, Knicks just threw 110 million at Randle, Portis and Gibson, and a healthy Boogie is better than all 3
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I mean, Knicks just threw 110 million at Randle, Portis and Gibson, and a healthy Boogie is better than all 3
        The Knicks probably don't want him around Barrett. If there's hope for them, they need to have a couple drama-free seasons of player development and organizational stability. Cousins brings neither.

But, there should be some teams prepared to roll the dice. Maybe the Lakers are the obvious one if AD is cool with it as him and Cousins co-existed in New Orleans quite well.

Comment

• So, Murray and Simmons just got basically the same deal: 5 years/~170,000,000. Who would you rather have?

As an aside, assuming this is what the Siakam deal will look like as well.

Comment

They both have 2 legs, and in randle and portis case are young. Taj is a good vet that can be a good presense in the locker room. I would take all those 3 for a young knicks team. Boogie needs a very specific situation IMO, can't be a young team or losing one where boogies presense could be a bad influence on the young guys. Needs to be on a team that has lots of respected vets, a couple of all stars and a coach that will not be walked over by demarcus. It's a very tough situation. If your teams like Hawks, Kings, Knicks, Grizz you dont want him anywhere near your guys. If your someone like denver or celtics do you want him around less establish young guys who are going to take the bulk of the offense? Boogie will probaly call his own number more times then anyone would like. Only fit i see for him is Lakers, Rockets and even in those situations you probably want him coming off the bench. Is he willing to accept that role? He put himself in a very tough spot by taking the Min with GSW and trying to chase a ring.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              So, Murray and Simmons just got basically the same deal: 5 years/~170,000,000. Who would you rather have?

Id rather have murray. He was clutch in the playoffs. Simmons disappered.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                ...Simmons disappered.
                Was that matchup dependent?

Comment

So, Murray and Simmons just got basically the same deal: 5 years/~170,000,000. Who would you rather have?

I think Simmons just edges it because of his ceiling.

Damn, this just emphasizes the importance of drafting well and having young, cheap assets on a championship team. I wonder if this is the right time to sign OG to a cheap, long-term contract, particularly if Kawhi doesn't sign.

Comment

Give me Murray. He doesn't have any glaring omissions from his game like Simmons does. Murray is perfect for the Modern NBA. Simmons is a throw-back.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Was that matchup dependent?
                      Dont think so he really only had 1 good game in each series. Murray was a solid number 2 and had huge game 5 and 7 vs the spurs when the lights were the brighest.

Comment

• Laker News!

They've signed Jared Dudley to a one-year deal. That'll move the Kawhi Decision Needle

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Laker News!

They've signed Jared Dudley to a one-year deal. That'll move the Kawhi Decision Needle

Lakers already had a little less then max space. This eats up an extra 2 and half millions. It would seem to me then dont think their getting him if they are starting to eat up the cap space.

Comment

• I don't think vet minimums count against the cap. Depending on the order that everyone is signed. They'll have to fill out their roster with minimum contracts if they sign Kawhi.

They could be rounding out the roster now.... or not.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/s...565476865?s=20

I don’t like this

Comment

• Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) Tweeted:
                                👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
                                https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/s...565476865?s=17

Comment

Working...
                                X