• Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    People really talking roster transactions

special breed lol
    I think this more than anything shows how used we are to not winning

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      How do you guys feel about starting OG at the 2 next year, using Powell as trade bait and bringing Green back on the MLE to come off the bench?

Lowry,
      Anunoby
      Leonard
      Siakam
      Gasol

FVV,
      Michael Jordan
      Green,
      Ibaka
      I honestly think we need to sign/trade/acquire more firepower. Someone to take the heat off Kawhi to carry the majority of the load most nights.

It's why I'm a little frustrated with Pascal's and Danny's inconsistancy. Gasol brings nothing in that regard. Kyle and Ibaka will be a year older....

I love OG but we don't need another all D (which he hasn't even shown yet) no offense starter.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I honestly think we need to sign/trade/acquire more firepower. Someone to take the heat off Kawhi to carry the majority of the load most nights.

It's why I'm a little frustrated with Pascal's and Danny's inconsistancy. Gasol brings nothing in that regard. Kyle and Ibaka will be a year older....

I love OG but we don't need another all D (which he hasn't even shown yet) no offense starter.
        Doesn't make much sense adding another scorer and then under-use Kawhi. Kawhi carries a high usage. We'll probably try to keep his minutes lower, and give him some rest days (if maybe not so many as this year), so there will be lots of opportunity, but I'd want Siakam stepping into that role, and a guy like OG given a chance to stretch his role as well on those nights. Meanwhile, OG taking Danny's 3 and D spot with the starters is where he fits best. Though if we see more rotation staggering next year instead of bench units, he can fit anywhere.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Pretty easy to build on this team (as long as you don't count on a big free agent signing that isn't Kawhi) - develop internally and add another elite shooter.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Doesn't make much sense adding another scorer and then under-use Kawhi. Kawhi carries a high usage. We'll probably try to keep his minutes lower, and give him some rest days (if maybe not so many as this year), so there will be lots of opportunity, but I'd want Siakam stepping into that role, and a guy like OG given a chance to stretch his role as well on those nights. Meanwhile, OG taking Danny's 3 and D spot with the starters is where he fits best. Though if we see more rotation staggering next year instead of bench units, he can fit anywhere.
            Well, we disagree there.

Inconsistency was our biggest problem this post season and that's something you can't count on ironing itslef out if you have finals aspirations again. We could easily have missed this improbable chip because of it.

Marc is hugely inconsistent when talking offense
            Spicy was inconsistent to the point of winning us game one and then later getting benched
            Danny was the definition of inconsistent to the point of disappearing
            Lowry was even inconsistent but came through when it counted
            Serge was there sometimes and horrible others
            The bench generally wasn't even good enough to be inconsistent, they were consistently meh.....

Kawhi was the only one that was consistently good to great (honourable mention to FVV but i'm talking the entire post season)....we can't afford "disappearing to good" from too many on the same nights.

I think Kawhi knows we were fortunate to win it all (not lucky) and you don't tempt fate twice if the goal is to be the same as the odds are you don't make the finals again trotting out the same aging inconsistent group again. Get him some more help so that if Siakam continues to improve and OG evolves, it's a bonus, not mandatory. And I think Masai is thinking this way too ....

Comment

How do you guys feel about starting OG at the 2 next year, using Powell as trade bait and bringing Green back on the MLE to come off the bench?

Lowry,
              Anunoby
              Leonard
              Siakam
              Gasol

FVV,
              Michael Jordan
              Green,
              Ibaka
              Powell will have a little value cause of the Bucks series, but his 12 mil is still pretty high so I dont know how easy it will be to move him

Otherwise yeah Og at the 2 would be great.

I like Michael Jordan off the bench. Nice addition for Raps if we can get him (not to mention all the nice Air Jordan branding we can do here)

Green off the bench would be fine too... I dont know if he's a money guy, maybe if Kawhi stays he will stay for a little less money.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Pretty easy to build on this team (as long as you don't count on a big free agent signing that isn't Kawhi) - develop internally and add another elite shooter.
                just wait till OG comes back better and healthy
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Pascal is still young so Im ok with it... they will work on his mid range in the off season and maybe bulk him up a bit. He will continue to get better.

And I agree we need one more firepower... lots of free agents coming up, not sure if we can get anyone. I like Malcolm Brogden but not sure if he's affordable for Raps but he'd be a nice shooter for us.

Comment

Well, we disagree there.

Inconsistency was our biggest problem this post season and that's something you can't count on ironing itslef out if you have finals aspirations again. We could easily have missed this improbable chip because of it.

Marc is hugely inconsistent when talking offense
                    Spicy was inconsistent to the point of winning us game one and then later getting benched
                    Danny was the definition of inconsistent to the point of disappearing
                    Lowry was even inconsistent but came through when it counted
                    Serge was there sometimes and horrible others
                    The bench generally wasn't even good enough to be inconsistent, they were consistently meh.....

Kawhi was the only one that was consistently good to great (honourable mention to FVV but i'm talking the entire post season)....we can't afford "disappearing to good" from too many on the same nights.

I think Kawhi knows we were fortunate to win it all (not lucky) and you don't tempt fate twice if the goal is to be the same as the odds are you don't make the finals again trotting out the same aging inconsistent group again. Get him some more help so that if Siakam continues to improve and OG evolves, it's a bonus, not mandatory. And I think Masai is thinking this way too ....
                    There is not a single team in history that has 7 consistently great players. That's the way it goes, you have 1-4 guys who can give you offensive output every night. If your goal is to get 8 guys who will consistently give us 20 with great defense it will never happen. Look, we're NBA CHAMPIONS with this "inconsistent" group of guys. That's what it's about, having depth that can rotate its value in any given game.

I think OG can step into the starting lineup seamlessly with a solid offseason of work with Pascal and Freddy. The real question is how well does Kyle age. He was fantastic this year but he's not going to be this way forever. Hopefully, Fred can continue to improve so he can step into the starting lineup at some point in the next two-three years, but he'll probably never be the kind of player Kyle is. Kyle is an all-time great impact player.

Comment

Why do we need to use the MLE on Green? We've got his bird rights, don't we? We can bring him back for whatever amount works and then use the MLE on another free agent.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        People really talking roster transactions

special breed lol
                        RR is the forum that should have been called Real GM. GMs on here for real, everywhere you look. I'm not even thinking about that sh*t until after the parade on Monday. Still basking in the glow and trying to comprehend WTF just happened.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

There is not a single team in history that has 7 consistently great players. That's the way it goes, you have 1-4 guys who can give you offensive output every night. If your goal is to get 8 guys who will consistently give us 20 with great defense it will never happen. Look, we're NBA CHAMPIONS with this "inconsistent" group of guys. That's what it's about, having depth that can rotate its value in any given game.

I think OG can step into the starting lineup seamlessly with a solid offseason of work with Pascal and Freddy. The real question is how well does Kyle age. He was fantastic this year but he's not going to be this way forever. Hopefully, Fred can continue to improve so he can step into the starting lineup at some point in the next two-three years, but he'll probably never be the kind of player Kyle is. Kyle is an all-time great impact player.
                          Why, when I literally wrote we need "Someone to take the heat off Kawhi to carry the majority of the load most nights" does that equate to answering "There is not a single team in history that has 7 consistently great players"?

We have ONE consistently good to great player. We have several who are consistently decent to good (Kyle and Spicy P)
                          The rest are terribly inconsistent and poor to good (FVV, Gasol, Serge, Danny) only on sporadic nights and the good is sometimes few and far between.

You can't count on everyone to somehow step it up, you need one more to be the Robin to Kawhi's Batman the majority of games.....consistently. Let Pascal's continued development, OG's comeback and FVV's bottling the magic be the icing on the cake (none of which are guarantedd). Let's not rest on our chip and unilaterally decide this group can do it again, Lowry and Gasol and Green won't get any older, the West just got easier etc.

Again, jmo but I think Masai knows this as well. It won't surprise me at all if there is more tinkering than you'd expect.

Hey we just won a CHAMPIONSHIP. We can debate this all Summer!
                          -I'm heading to the lake tonight with a new Zodiac, a new BBQ, my dog, a case of beer ready and love for all my RR brethren in my heart.

Comment

Comment

Not sure where to put this but some interesting stuff in here.....

Throughout my NBA career, I watched too many teammates pay dearly for playing through pain at the urging of doctors who put the interests of the team before the welfare of the athlete

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Don't agree with the order, but isn't it interesting the top 3 teams are in the Eastern Conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X