• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted zion and rj together with Holiday

Comment

Are Korver and Reddick available?

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        If Kawhi resigns, who can we realistically get via free agency or trade that would make us a better team?

FVV value is at an all time high right now, but I also want him back, he played soooooo GOOD.
        If Kawhi resigns, would guess that Raptors would try to run back most of the rest of the team. May be some tinkering at the end of the bench (Lin/Moreland's spots), but nothing too significant. If Kawhi goes elsewhere, then all bets are off

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          If Kawhi resigns, who can we realistically get via free agency or trade that would make us a better team?

FVV value is at an all time high right now, but I also want him back, he played soooooo GOOD.
          We really only have the tax payer mid-level which is not much. As for trades.. we'll have expiring contracts like Fred, Serge or Marc's (if he opts in) to use. Will have to probably bring Danny back (but if possible less than what he made last year to try and keep the tax bill lower).

But most likely we just run the same team back and try again. No big changes other than some changes on our bench (like Meeks, Lin, Moreland, McCaw, etc).

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
            chances are they would be flocking to 'Brons teet

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

We really only have the tax payer mid-level which is not much. As for trades.. we'll have expiring contracts like Fred, Serge or Marc's (if he opts in) to use. Will have to probably bring Danny back (but if possible less than what he made last year to try and keep the tax bill lower).

But most likely we just run the same team back and try again. No big changes other than some changes on our bench (like Meeks, Lin, Moreland, McCaw, etc).
              Jinx!

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                So the pelicans are the 2018 Lakers, and the Lakers are an old and grey superstar and injury prone superstar
                The problem with the Lakers last year wasn't those young guys. The problem with the Lakers last year was they signed LeBron, who had an urgency to win right away and placed him on a roster full of guys who need years of development. Bron was going in one direction and the roster wasn't heading in the same direction. As soon as LeBron signed they should have been looking at blockbusters.

These guys landing on the Pelicans is perfect for them. They can develop in peace.

Ingram averaged 18, 4 and 3 down the totem pole at age 20 on a team in turmoil.

Zo needs a jumper but at.the very least he has all NBA defensive team potential. He's only 21 and so he has all sorts of time to work at his game.

Hart is a little older than these two but has good upside. Plus they got those picks. They have lots of trade chips.
                ​​​​

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  Korver is still on a 1 year deal next season with Utah.. but its partially guaranteed so they can waive him. Redick makes way too much. We can't afford him. He'll make about $20M+ next season. I suspect he goes back to Philly.

Comment

Oh please kawhi resign. More chances of signing good FAs. To do so may mean trading Kyle &/or Serge.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                      Oh please kawhi resign. More chances of signing good FAs. To do so may mean trading Kyle &/or Serge.
                      I don't think we can sign a good free agent even if Kyle and Serge are traded for just cap space (which won't happen). 2020 is our cap space year not 2019.

Comment

• don't think you resign Kawhi just to move Serge and Kyle. I he resigns, you run back a similar core. Hope OG and Siakam progress. And a few end of the bench guys... vets chasing a ring

Comment

• Free agency is for fools anyway.. best way to get better is through trades. The Kawhi trade proved that.

Comment

• If Kawhi signs 2+1, 2020 would be the year you add a max player, and resign Siakam.

Comment

• I like what NO is doing. If Barrett falls to 4, I really like what they are doing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't think we can sign a good free agent even if Kyle and Serge are traded for just cap space (which won't happen). 2020 is our cap space year not 2019.
                                But will Kawhi go for that?

Comment

Working...
                                X