Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The Warriors were banged up. You mention Klay but he was playing through injuries. Iggy was playing through injuries. If we're talking a healthy Warriors team without Durant I'm not 100% sure the Raptors win it all.

LeBron almost beat the Warriors by himself. Now he has arguably the most dominate traditional big man in the league to pair with him plus Kyle Kuzma who has all star upside, maybe fulfilled this coming season. Plus they have enough cap space to sign a Jimmy Butler or Tobias Harris or Kemba Walker or whoever. I don't think this is a simple math equation to determine whether the Raptors can beat a revamped Lakers. We need to see what else they do but James, Davis, Kuz and scrubs is no easy victory.
    Good points.. but this wasn't a rebuttal on if the Raptors could beat a Warriors team with a healthy Durant. Maybe they could Maybe not. We will never know. Injuries and WTFs moments are the essence of pro sports. Its why you play the games. The Raps could only play who was on the court this year. They kicked ass. Don't be Grange or Arthur and go all apologetic for wining. The Raps won. Period. End of Story. They are NBA champs. As for the Warriors.. ask them if they have an asterisk on their win over an injured Cavs team in 2015 without Irving and Love...Can't suck and blow at the same time.

Lebron beat the Warriors once when Green got himself thrown out a game for being an idiot and trying to kick Lebron in the nuts. They did it by doing the toughest thing in sports.. coming back from being down 3-1. So to use your tangent on woulda coulda shoulda... The Warriors might have beat Lebron 4 times instead of three if Green hadn't tried a free prostrate exam on Lebron.

The Lakers finished way up the track last year. This year they have healthy Lebron and as healthy an AD as possible. As an aside.. Davis has started an average of 65 games a year.. Kyrie Irving numbers. He is going to miss games this year and the probability of him being hurt for the playoffs is not something to dismiss out of hand.

And as sports goes.. for a compare only as Thompson is out next year......
    James+ Davis+ Kuzma... is a lesser force than Curry +Thompson + Green +Igudoula.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Jun 16, 2019, 11:55 AM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Good points.. but this wasn't a rebuttal on if the Raptors could beat a Warriors team with a healthy Durant. Maybe they could Maybe not. We will never know. Injuries and WTFs moments are the essence of pro sports. Its why you play the games. The Raps could only play who was on the court this year. They kicked ass. Don't be Grange or Arthur and go all apologetic for wining. The Raps won. Period. End of Story. They are NBA champs. As for the Warriors.. ask them if they have an asterisk on their win over an injured Cavs team in 2015 without Irving and Love...Can't suck and blow at the same time.

Lebron beat the Warriors once when Green got himself thrown out a game for being an idiot and trying to kick Lebron in the nuts. They did it by doing the toughest thing in sports.. coming back from being down 3-1. So to use your tangent on woulda coulda shoulda... The Warriors might have beat Lebron 4 times instead of three if Green hadn't tried a free prostrate exam on Lebron.

The Lakers finished way up the track last year. This year they have healthy Lebron and as healthy an AD as possible. As an aside.. Davis has started an average of 65 games a year.. Kyrie Irving numbers. He is going to miss games this year and the probability of him being hurt for the playoffs is not something to dismiss out of hand.

And as sports goes.. for a compare only as Thompson is out next year......
      James+ Davis+ Kuzma... is a lesser force than Curry +Thompson + Green +Igudoula.
      One, what I said was in regards to them being 100% without Durant.

Two, I'm not apologizing for them winning. I came in here to read a post about the Lakers not standing a chance against the Raptors. Sounded like it was time for a reality check. The Raptors are the champs by the narrowest of margins. Let's remember that. There is no asterisk.

Third, the Lakers were fourth in the West prior to Ball and Bron going down with injuries. Last time LeBron had a sidekick this talented he was winning rings in Cleveland and Miami. AD is a superstar.
      Last edited by Apollo; Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• The Lakers problem is going to be staying healthy and can they secure a good seed if LeBron plays 65 games.

I think the days days of LeBron playing 80 games a season are over. I think rather than pursuing another max guy they should go get a bunch of guys like Danny Green, Terrence Ross, Pat Beverly.

Fortunately they tend to big name hunt and will lack depth.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          The Lakers problem is going to be staying healthy and can they secure a good seed if LeBron plays 65 games.

I think the days days of LeBron playing 80 games a season are over. I think rather than pursuing another max guy they should go get a bunch of guys like Danny Green, Terrence Ross, Pat Beverly.

The AD full resume also reads like an injury report. Played just 56 past season ...never a full one.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            The Lakers problem is going to be staying healthy and can they secure a good seed if LeBron plays 65 games.

Totally agree. They need quality role players instead of a 3rd guy then a bunch of scraps.

I'm not sure I trust that front office - or Lebron & but Klutch - to fill that roster out the right way.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/econo...ffs/index.html

Kawhi wont be happy about this as well.

Also got me thinking if the Raptors will get an invite from the Whitehouse.

Masai got an audience from Obama in game 5, will he get a call from Trump. Washington Wizards wanting Masai. So many side stories there

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Totally agree. They need quality role players instead of a 3rd guy then a bunch of scraps.

I'm not sure I trust that front office - or Lebron & but Klutch - to fill that roster out the right way.
                Bobby Marks suggesting the Lakers use their cap space to go after JJ Redick and Danny Green. High end role players who can shoot. That makes a lot more sense.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

The AD full resume also reads like an injury report. Played just 56 past season ...never a full one.
                  Yeah, they'll need some luck but so does every team who wins it. If things fall their way and they're healthy in the finals with Bron, AD, Kuz and say Walker then that's some serious fire power. Ring chasers will tag along.

Comment

• Walker will likely stay in Charlotte?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Bobby Marks suggesting the Lakers use their cap space to go after JJ Redick and Danny Green. High end role players who can shoot. That makes a lot more sense.
                      Think Masai will resign Danny Green? Will other teams offer big $'s that Raptors will not match like Bismack situation?

Comment

• all we is we gotta match any offer for McCaw no matter what. Dude is 100% success rate for winning championships. he is the true marquee free agent. who ever gets him we might as well crown them champions day 1 .
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Think Masai will resign Danny Green? Will other teams offer big $'s that Raptors will not match like Bismack situation?
                          If the market dries up, I can see a desperate team with cap space offers Green $15 million per year or 3 year deal worth $50 million.

Those kind of a numbers I don't see the Raps matching.

Comment

• Some noise now on whether AD waived his trade kicker and the timing of the trade. Could push the Lakers to $23 mill of room and not nearly enough for another max guy. AND I bet it’s because the Lakers didn’t know what they were doing.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

If the market dries up, I can see a desperate team with cap space offers Green $15 million per year or 3 year deal worth $50 million.

Those kind of a numbers I don't see the Raps matching.
                              I wouldn't match an offer at those types of numbers either.

Comment

• Raps' tax situation is such that bringing back the whole team is essentially a financial non-starter.

But the good news is, they can have a reasonable tax situation if they just bring back Leonard, not Danny. Meaning if they want to bring back Danny, if they clear whatever his salary will be by removing someone else (read: Powell, or swapping Serge for someone with half his salary), the bill is reasonable.

Personally I expect Serge may be the one to go, but I also expect it will happen in the summer after they know if Leonard is staying.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X