No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whose going to guard AD in the finals next season? Does Gasol have another long playoff run left in him?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      So whose going to guard AD in the finals next season? Does Gasol have another long playoff run left in him?
      Maintenance games?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Serge was a very important piece + an excellent recruiter of Kawhi so if Kawhi stays, Serge stays.

Also the team just won and they got extra money so they should go over somewhat over the luxury tax.

Maybe T.Ross will take a discount to come back....😎
        I agree they should go somewhat over luxury tax. If Kawhi stays and Danny leaves, they will have a salary of 151M (19M above the tax line) and a 40M tax bill, bringing the total roster cost to a whopping 190M. That's huge, but not crazy given the revenue from the championship.

If they sign Danny to a 10M deal on top of that, the salary goes to 160M (28M above the tax line) and the tax bill increases to 74M. A 234M total cost. So Danny Green would cost them $43M.

Someone is going to go.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I can't sleep so I wrote a 4000 word article on this upcoming off-season. I'll link it when it gets posted sometime over the next few days. But suffice to say, I think we may see some trade action at the draft or early in July, and I'm betting both Kawhi and Danny are back. Masai is obviously definitely staying. MLSE will match any offer, that's a no brainer.
          Is there a link to this article? I can't find it.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            If Kawhi leaves, do you guys think we should deal Lowry/Gasol (if he picks up his PO)/Ibaka for assets and try to do a rebuild? Maybe even trade VanVleet and Powell as well.
            Not sure. If they want to attract 2020 max free agents, staying competitive and showcasing Siakam might be the way to go.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Pretty sure we'd still limited to only the Mid-Level exception. Though Gasol has said that he will at least partly base his decision on whether Kawhi stays, so if Gasol opts out, as well as Kawhi, then I think we have money to play with. I could be wrong though.
              Even then, the best we can do is less than 20M in cap room, not even enough for a max offer on a RFA.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Machine wrote: View Post

Is there a link to this article? I can't find it.
                I think it will be posted tonight after the parade or tomorrow. I'll be sure to link.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So whose going to guard AD in the finals next season? Does Gasol have another long playoff run left in him?
                  The poolside staff in Malibu as he watches the Finals on TV

Comment

I agree they should go somewhat over luxury tax. If Kawhi stays and Danny leaves, they will have a salary of 151M (19M above the tax line) and a 40M tax bill, bringing the total roster cost to a whopping 190M. That's huge, but not crazy given the revenue from the championship.

If they sign Danny to a 10M deal on top of that, the salary goes to 160M (28M above the tax line) and the tax bill increases to 74M. A 234M total cost. So Danny Green would cost them $43M.

Someone is going to go.
                    There appears to be a direct correlation between winning and the franchise value.

Capture.PNG
                    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ronto-raptors/

I think they're willing to spend the money to win the chips.

Comment

Personally, I think it's questionable to expect Marc, Serge and even Kyle to just bring it all back and do it again

Comment

Even then, the best we can do is less than 20M in cap room, not even enough for a max offer on a RFA.
                        Maybe Kyle will dial back his contract to $20 to bring in another star and take a (better) run at it
                        It was good enough for lebron, Bosh and Wade....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Maybe Kyle will dial back his contract to $20 to bring in another star and take a (better) run at it
                          You're suggesting he throw away 13 million dollars so Rogers execs feel more comfortable?
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't understand. Lowry is not a free agent this summer, and has no option to opt out of. And the CBA expressly forbids players re-negotiating their salaries downward.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Personally, I think it's questionable to expect Marc, Serge and even Kyle to just bring it all back and do it again
                              Why is that? If they drop off some, you hope that Siakam continuing to improve, along with hopefully improvements from the rest of the relatively young bench (FVV, Powell, OG), is enough to offset that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

There appears to be a direct correlation between winning and the franchise value.

I think they're willing to spend the money to win the chips.
                                Oh, 100%. The question is whether spending that money will get them a significantly better chance at a championship. So, yes, they will go deep into the tax, gladly. Going insanely deep and doubling their tax bill, for the benefit of holding onto one of their role players? Don't think the math works out there.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X