No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the trade of Davis to the Lakers one of the dominos has fallen as the NBA revs up into offseason mode.
    Just for the sport of it... where to the bigger name Free Agents wind up to start next season....?

Heres a first crack at it...

Leonard - Toronto
    Durant - Knicks
    Klay Thompson - Warriors
    Kyrie Irving - Nets
    Kemba Walker - Anywhere but the Hornets.....Lakers/Suns/Magic
    Jimmy Butler - Knicks
    Tobias Harris - Sixers
    Nick Vucocic - Orlando
    Kris Middelton - Bucks
    D'Angelo Russell - Mavericks
    Al Horford - Celtics
    JJ Reddick - Sixers
    DeAndre Jordan - Kings
    Brook Lopez - Bucks
    Bojan Bogdonovic - Pacers

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

One, what I said was in regards to them being 100% without Durant.

Two, I'm not apologizing for them winning. I came in here to read a post about the Lakers not standing a chance against the Raptors. Sounded like it was time for a reality check. The Raptors are the champs by the narrowest of margins. Let's remember that. There is no asterisk.

Third, the Lakers were fourth in the West prior to Ball and Bron going down with injuries. Last time LeBron had a sidekick this talented he was winning rings in Cleveland and Miami. AD is a superstar.
      One... OK... but with Thompson playing for 5 of 6 games the Raps won 4 of 6. We will never know how they would have fared if the Warriors had Durant.

Two.... Glad your not apologizing. I re read my OP and no where in there does it wander into the realm of the Lakers not standing a chance against the Raptors. It was a view on how the Pelicans got the better of the Lakers in the trade. 3 first rounders and pick swaps for another two out years. Those pick swaps will bite Rob Pilenka harder than the IRS.

Third...Lebron is going to be 35 before next years playoffs. For the first time in his career he got hurt last year. Even Cyborgs slow down. Davis is an uber talented guy.... but he is injury prone and that is something that could bump the Laker Finals express off the rails. I think they can get Kemba Walker if he takes a bit of a haircut to fix their PG issues. With Walker, Lebron and Davis they are in the mix in the top 4 west for the next couple years. If they can't get Walker then their prospects to me anyway dim. Could they win the west next year ? I think no... I am looking at Denver as the team to beat out west next year. The Warriors will be in the mix as well and if they can swing a deal for Mike Conley so might the Jazz.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        With the trade of Davis to the Lakers one of the dominos has fallen as the NBA revs up into offseason mode.
        Just for the sport of it... where to the bigger name Free Agents wind up to start next season....?

Heres a first crack at it...

Leonard - Toronto
        Durant - Knicks
        Klay Thompson - Warriors
        Kyrie Irving - Nets
        Kemba Walker - Anywhere but the Hornets.....Lakers/Suns/Magic
        Jimmy Butler - Knicks
        Tobias Harris - Sixers
        Nick Vucocic - Orlando
        Kris Middelton - Bucks
        D'Angelo Russell - Mavericks
        Al Horford - Celtics
        JJ Reddick - Sixers
        DeAndre Jordan - Kings
        Brook Lopez - Bucks

I could see jj reddick goign to LA and that would be a brilliant move. I can see the pelicans getting Deandre.

Kyrie to nets

KD to knicks but doesn't matter.

Porzingis will sign a qualifying offer.

Comment

• Leonard - Toronto
          Durant - Warriors
          Klay Thompson - Warriors
          Kyrie Irving - Nets
          Kemba Walker - Hornets
          Jimmy Butler - Nets
          Tobias Harris - Nuggets
          Nick Vucocic - Knicks
          Kris Middelton - Bucks
          D'Angelo Russell - Suns
          Al Horford - Celtics
          JJ Reddick - Lakers
          DeAndre Jordan - Warriors
          Brook Lopez - Pelicans
          Bojan Bogdonovic - Sixers
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Im kind of excited for McCaw if he comes back. Considering he didnt start his year till midway through the season, wouldnt be surprised if he has a lot he didnt get to show.
            I don't think he is coming back but I agree he still has the potential to be a good role player piece.

Comment

• Leonard - Toronto
              Durant - Warriors
              Klay Thompson - Warriors
              Kyrie Irving - Knicks
              Kemba Walker - Hornets
              Jimmy Butler - Sixers
              Tobias Harris - Lakers
              Nick Vucocic - Orlando
              Kris Middelton - Bucks
              D'Angelo Russell - Nets
              Al Horford - Celtics
              JJ Reddick - Lakers
              DeAndre Jordan - Nets
              Brook Lopez - Clippers

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

One... OK... but with Thompson playing for 5 of 6 games the Raps won 4 of 6. We will never know how they would have fared if the Warriors had Durant.

Two.... Glad your not apologizing. I re read my OP and no where in there does it wander into the realm of the Lakers not standing a chance against the Raptors. It was a view on how the Pelicans got the better of the Lakers in the trade. 3 first rounders and pick swaps for another two out years. Those pick swaps will bite Rob Pilenka harder than the IRS.

Third...Lebron is going to be 35 before next years playoffs. For the first time in his career he got hurt last year. Even Cyborgs slow down. Davis is an uber talented guy.... but he is injury prone and that is something that could bump the Laker Finals express off the rails. I think they can get Kemba Walker if he takes a bit of a haircut to fix their PG issues. With Walker, Lebron and Davis they are in the mix in the top 4 west for the next couple years. If they can't get Walker then their prospects to me anyway dim. Could they win the west next year ? I think no... I am looking at Denver as the team to beat out west next year. The Warriors will be in the mix as well and if they can swing a deal for Mike Conley so might the Jazz.
                They only need to win one chip for the trade to be a win for the Lakers. Its an all in move. If they win a chip then they win the trade. I think they have a shot at the chip. I think it will mostly come down to health for sure but I also think you can't compare LeBron James to other 35 year olds because of how he's taken care of his body since day one; just as you can't compare Tom Brady to other 42 year old QBs. Investment in one's own health is the greatest investment a person can make and James is aiming to prove that this season. Sure he got injured last season but it was a freak thing and he killed it before that and the injury itself was to nothing that causes pause for concern. It wasn't the back, the knees or the ankles.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't think he is coming back but I agree he still has the potential to be a good role player piece.

I suspect McCaw will be back. Barely above minimum QO, Raps have his RFA rights. Doubt he gets a significant offer elsewhere.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The New Orleans Pelicans showed sincere interest in the two-time All-Star before Saturday’s blockbuster that sent Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers. That curiosity remains and the two sides broadly discussed a trade scenario involving Beal, multiple sources told NBC Sports Washington.

The Pelicans are open to dealing the newly acquired fourth overall selection in Thursday’s NBA Draft according to numerous reports. New Orleans also landed three young players from Los Angeles -- Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart -- plus additional future picks and pick swaps.

Whatever the initial parameters, the conversation never veered close to actual negotiations, according to a source.
                    https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...r-bradley-beal

I wonder what the Raptors would have to cough up for Beal? The Wiz don't strike me as in a position to rush this move. They might sit until the 2020 deadline.

Comment

• Caesar's has the Lakers as 3-1 favorites to win the title. Buck 6-1 & Clippers are 7-1. Raptors are 8-1. Demo, lay your money down if you're confident.

Comment

• One last thing and I have to get off this board and take care of some work already; the last month has been a complete productivity drain.

The team no one is talking about who will be legit scary in the west is: The Denver Nuggets. They looked really good last year. They got some great experience deep in the playoffs. And now to start next season they'll get Michael Porter Jr. at 100%. MPJ was one of the favorites to go #1 overall before the injury, he's that talented. He has huge talent and I'm looking forward to seeing him get lit up by Kawhi in the NBA finals. Can you imagine, Masai's old team vs. his new team in the finals? What a story that would be.

Comment

• If Kawhi left, would we be able to sign someone else with cap space, or are we using out Bird Rights on Kawhi to potentially sign him.

I know it is extremely unlikely, but is it even possible that we lose Kawhi but then get another max player (ex Durant)

Comment

• SWIFTboy wrote: View Post
                            If Kawhi left, would we be able to sign someone else with cap space, or are we using out Bird Rights on Kawhi to potentially sign him.

I know it is extremely unlikely, but is it even possible that we lose Kawhi but then get another max player (ex Durant)
                            Not remotely possible.

If Kawhi leaves, and Danny leaves, AND Gasol opts out, we've got like 20M in cap room and need 30M+ to sign a max player. And Gasol opting out is exceedingly unlikely.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Caesar's has the Lakers as 3-1 favorites to win the title. Buck 6-1 & Clippers are 7-1. Raptors are 8-1. Demo, lay your money down if you're confident.
                              Yep..Wheel the field against the Lakers out west. Some barking currency here is already wagered on that.

So we leave this here. I think L.A. is again a shit sandwich being touted as 7 course Michelin restaurant meal by the usual suspects in the NBA MSM. You beg to differ on their chances. I’m confident I will be on the right side of history. Why?

It’s the same retard level front office in charge.
                              They have Frank Vogel as coach but with Jason Kidd waiting in the wings and a huge media. What could go wrong?
                              They have no bench at all.Again the Lakers are one release behind the times.
                              Genetics really is a science and while LBJ is a freak of nature he is 35 in a game dominated by guys fro 25 to 30.

But on the upside..... in the spirit of geniuses think alike or idiots seldom differ ......your on the same train with Denver being a big dog in the west this year. I said it was the biggest. I think your 1 -2 with them and the Lakers. I think they are the team to beat as I wrote a few posts up. Not only did they get experience in the playoffs for Murray and Harris and Jokic...They are getting that Porter kid back this year. If Milsap resigns he and Porter are going to push them to the West Finals and possibly THE Finals.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X