No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s already shaking out in our favour to sign Kawhi to a 1+ 1. With Durant and Klay injured, 2 top free agents were removed from the list. Klay stays in GS and Durant either picks up his player option and gets healthy on GS or he sits out with another team.

- I doubt Kawhi is going to team up with Kyrie
    - the Lakers are apparently just going to use the remaining cap room to build a roster around their two superstars.

who else is he going to team up with? Butler?

If if he really wants to be home, he’ll sign with the clippers but his best chances to compete are staying here for one more year, then heading home when the rest of the core is expiring in 2020.

At at least that’s my dream! 2020 on we build another perennial playoff team built around Siakam and OG

Comment

• So was reading up a bit of the Davis trade to the Pelicans. LA may not have the space for another max free agent.. ouch.

The Pelicans are trying to get the trade done by July 6th.. but if they do then the Lakers will have about $24M in cap space, and that's if Davis forgoes his trade kicker (he might not).. That is not enough for a max free agent.

If the Pelicans were willing to wait until July 30th.. they can sign the #4 pick and trade that player to the Pelicans. They would then have enough for another max contract. The problem is the Pelicans would want that #4 pick to either be on their roster for summer league or be used in a subsequent trade. And they may not want to wait until July 30th to make that subsequent trade.

The only reason I bring this up is that if Kawhi really had interest in going to the Lakers (and I know the probably is low anyway).. it's pretty much impossible unless the Davis trade gets done on or after the 30th.

It also means that the Lakers will most likely have to surround Davis and Lebron with role players and not another super star. Which is something they should probably do anyway. Considering a guy like Trevor Ariza made $15M alone last year (albeit on a 1 year deal)... it might be tough for them to get more than one decent role player.. of course there are ring chasers everywhere so maybe not.

The Lakers summer will be very fascinating IMO.

Comment

• Ring chasers are overrated. 1 out of I don't know how many ends up actually being useful. Some guy worth 15 million a year isn't going chasing rings for 2 million on a capped out team. Ring chasers are typically over the hill players who are in the bargain bin already and are giving up a little bit of cash for a shot to win. Their name recognition almost always far out performs their on-court production.

How about the much ballyhooed Boogie Cousins or the return of Andrew Bogut? All we heard all Finals is how GS is thin and Steph has no help. Those guys couldn't even stay on the floor and both got outplayed by a one-armed Kevon Looney. Who was hyping Kevon Looney before the playoffs? Nobody. But he was better than two much more high profile ring chasers. With one arm.

The Lakers (and everybody) has to find, at minimum, the Kevon Looney's out there. At the top end they'll be hoping for a JJ Reddick or Danny Green. The headlines will happen when they sign Tyson Chandler and Kyle Korver like it's still 2009.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Masai will not sign guys Illyasova and etc. He will continue to fill end of the bench with young guys who have potential to be rotational players.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            These rumours are just bullshit, because they all come with IF he leaves Toronto at the end of the sentence as like a disclaimer, cause they all have no idea. they all talk LA this and LA that, but then have to go "IF he leave Toronto", every single fucking time...which would render the whole entire first part of the tweet (lakers vs clippers) completely moot and useless. Kawhi is somewhere between 90-99.99% sure where he's going, believe me. Woj and the rest of these hacks (yeah, hacks) are just grasping at straws.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Masai will not sign guys Illyasova and etc. He will continue to fill end of the bench with young guys who have potential to be rotational players.
              Euroleague MVP wants to come back to the NBA. He'd be a nice fit as a veteran bench combo guard, with some size and can shoot it.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yep..Wheel the field against the Lakers out west. Some barking currency here is already wagered on that.

So we leave this here. I think L.A. is again a shit sandwich being touted as 7 course Michelin restaurant meal by the usual suspects in the NBA MSM. You beg to differ on their chances. I’m confident I will be on the right side of history. Why?

It’s the same retard level front office in charge.
                They have Frank Vogel as coach but with Jason Kidd waiting in the wings and a huge media. What could go wrong?
                They have no bench at all.Again the Lakers are one release behind the times.
                Genetics really is a science and while LBJ is a freak of nature he is 35 in a game dominated by guys fro 25 to 30.

But on the upside..... in the spirit of geniuses think alike or idiots seldom differ ......your on the same train with Denver being a big dog in the west this year. I said it was the biggest. I think your 1 -2 with them and the Lakers. I think they are the team to beat as I wrote a few posts up. Not only did they get experience in the playoffs for Murray and Harris and Jokic...They are getting that Porter kid back this year. If Milsap resigns he and Porter are going to push them to the West Finals and possibly THE Finals.
                Yep, the Nuggets are my #1 right now. Lakers are #2 because I believe they'll come to their senses and use that cap space to round out their roster instead of putting all those eggs in one basket. A team led by LeBron and AD is a great recruiting tool to reel in a handful of impact players instead of just one expensive player who won't get the ball in his hands enough to really live up to his value (ie: Walker, Butler, etc.). You make good points about it being a shit show though... However they're playing to the strengths they do still hold: star power, history & life style. They can now avoid screwing this up by spending the cap money on shooters and some defense. From a defensive standpoint, they're already planning to pry Pat Bev away from the Clippers.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Euroleague MVP wants to come back to the NBA. He'd be a nice fit as a veteran bench combo guard, with some size and can shoot it.

He's 32 years old now and that experience plus the 43% he shot from downtown last season would be nice coming off the bench.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

He's 32 years old now and that experience plus the 43% he shot from downtown last season would be nice coming off the bench.
                    That's the type of hungry, veteran player with something to prove that championship teams add to keep it rolling.

Comment

• Assuming Kawhi comes back.. our tax bill will be crazy. Can't see us matching any offers for Nando.. even if it's in the $5M range. Especially considering the assets Masai gave up to duck some tax this year (ie, giving up 2nd rounders to unload Monroe/Malachi).

Wish Nando wanted to come back in 2020 instead. We can use him then.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Sounds a heck of a lot more useful than what we had stapled to the end of our bench this year

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Not remotely possible.

If Kawhi leaves, and Danny leaves, AND Gasol opts out, we've got like 20M in cap room and need 30M+ to sign a max player. And Gasol opting out is exceedingly unlikely.
                          Great answer. Thanks!

Comment

• Any chance we mortgage the future and trade for Bradley Beal
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "CSKA Moscow announced that Nando De Colo won’t continue with the team in the next season. De Colo parts ways with the reigning EuroLeague champion as a free agent, after a five-year stint. “I have achieved everything possible with CSKA. Now, I think I have a chance to change something. To find a new challenge and fight again at the highest level,” De Colo said per CSKA’s website."

If he is coming back to the NBA he has to go through us
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                Any chance we mortgage the future and trade for Bradley Beal
                                Unlikely.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X