X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I just used the capulator:
    http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...48720631076326

Assume Gasol opts in, and we give Kawhi a 1+1 max, plus bring back Danny for $10M.... our tax payment will be $50M

So that revenue would be used up on just the tax payment itself.. Don't see MLSE signing up for it.. hope they do though
    Calculator doesn't force roster minimum size, and doesn't correctly account for tax vs salary differences. It's good as a ball park. But the number is $75M.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If anyone is going to be moved this offseason i think it will be norm or serge. I love serges personality and he probaly adds alot to the locker room. Norm may be more valuable as he is still young and a proven playoff performer and has a decent contract which could be used to get back another decent role player.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Raptors maybe don't make the finals and win it without Serge. He came up huge in some critical times. He might have been the best bench player in the playoffs. Him or arguably Fred.

Comment

• So this may be blasphemous to suggest, but any chance we trade FVV? Ibaka and Gasol probably don't have a lot of trade value on their own as aging expirings, but FVV's value must be sky-high right now, and they could be packaged together. And he probably has even more value in the guard-heavy western conference where he's a 3-and-D guard who can come in and chase guys like Curry or Lillard or Harden around screens. With GSW likely to have an off year and Lakers not totally pieced together yet, some teams like Utah or Denver might feel like this is their year and a package like Gasol and FVV gets them over the top. Might be the ultimate 'sell high' moment for FVV. I'd expect to get back some cap relief and some young, serviceable players who have a few years of salary control.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            So this may be blasphemous to suggest, but any chance we trade FVV? Ibaka and Gasol probably don't have a lot of trade value on their own as aging expirings, but FVV's value must be sky-high right now, and they could be packaged together. And he probably has even more value in the guard-heavy western conference where he's a 3-and-D guard who can come in and chase guys like Curry or Lillard or Harden around screens. With GSW likely to have an off year and Lakers not totally pieced together yet, some teams like Utah or Denver might feel like this is their year and a package like Gasol and FVV gets them over the top. Might be the ultimate 'sell high' moment for FVV. I'd expect to get back some cap relief and some young, serviceable players who have a few years of salary control.
            When he started to play well vs Milwaukee i was thinking the same thing. This dudes value is huge right now. After the finals thought no way i want to move this guy. He showed he can actually be the future PG of the team.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

When he started to play well vs Milwaukee i was thinking the same thing. This dudes value is huge right now. After the finals thought no way i want to move this guy. He showed he can actually be the future PG of the team.
              A guy who shot the lights out like that in the finals is special. He stays.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                The Raptors maybe don't make the finals and win it without Serge. He came up huge in some critical times. He might have been the best bench player in the playoffs. Him or arguably Fred.
                True i loved how serge played this postseason. At the same time you can say the same thing for almost every player that was in the rotation. We dont win title without gasol guarding embiid. We dont win the title without FVV. We dont win the title without Norm showing up in the bucks series. Kawhi and lowry obviously. The only guy you maybe can't say that about is Danny but he still played really good D. Maybe the magic win 1 more game if we dont have danny guarding D.J and maybe that 1 more game take a toll on the team and we dont beat sixers. It truly was a 8 man championship

Comment

• They can do without Norm. OG is waiting in the wing.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post

Masai kept extending the qualifying offer every year for the last six years
                    Nando or Lin.... or maybe even Nando vs Danny if Ujiri wants to start the year with less tax than more.... we shall see what the Ujiri/Webster team does in early July..

Pluses to all scenarios..... tough call....
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 18, 2019, 01:42 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It will be interesting to see how much additional revenue was generated by winning the championship. If it's significant (which I suspect it probably is), that might/should change ownership's perspective on paying the tax.
                      That... and have to think that both George Cope and Edward Rogers Jr like riding in parades and getting public recognition instead of sitting in boardrooms as faceless corporate executives...

- TGO

Comment

• Horford opted out but wants to negotiate a longer term deal with the Celtics

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Horford opted out but wants to negotiate a longer term deal with the Celtics
                          Which is the smart move financially ...Als 33 years old.

3 years on a reup @ 80-85M$ fully guaranteed is better than 1 year at 30 and then 3 years 15 with a club option on the last year ....

If the Lakers weren't run by Kardashians like mgmt (figure of speech only but you get the frame I am painting the Laker mgt team as) ..
                          They might have tried prying Horfod out of Boston. It would have cost less in terms of assets and picks. Lebrons viabiliity window is about the same as Al Horfords...Just a thought.
                          - TGO

Comment

• I liked Nando when he was last here. I don't have a clue how effective he would be back in the NBA. Euro league teams tend to have a very team oriented approach. He could fit in very well. He does have 3 pt range, which the Raptors need.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Which is the smart move financially ...Als 33 years old.

3 years on a reup @ 80-85M$ fully guaranteed is better than 1 year at 30 and then 3 years 15 with a club option on the last year ....

If the Lakers weren't run by Kardashians like mgmt (figure of speech only but you get the frame I am painting the Laker mgt team as) ..
                              They might have tried prying Horfod out of Boston. It would have cost less in terms of assets and picks. Lebrons viabiliity window is about the same as Al Horfords...Just a thought.
                              If they're losing Kyrie does it make sense to give Al that kind of money?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

A guy who shot the lights out like that in the finals is special. He stays.
                                Agreed. Assuming Leonard is back, that leaves them with their starting lineup intact (other than Green) and Ibaka, FVV, Norm and OG off the bench. McCaw. They like Lloyd I believe. They'll also have guys wanting to come to the team I would imagine. They don't have lots of flexibility money-wise but they'll have lots of options (at least theoretically if not practically)....

Comment

Working...
                                X