No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody feels like we need to start looking at young PG who could be Lowry's heir? FVV proved me wrong in playoffs but I wouldn't be giving him keys just yet
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      anybody feels like we need to start looking at young PG who could be Lowry's heir? FVV proved me wrong in playoffs but I wouldn't be giving him keys just yet
      Maybe but more pressing needs right now. Lowry still has a year or 2 of near all star play I think. Is danny green still a contender level starter? How many more miles on gasols tires?

I think starter at the 2 and depth at 4/5 are our positions of weakness with today's roster
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        anybody feels like we need to start looking at young PG who could be Lowry's heir? FVV proved me wrong in playoffs but I wouldn't be giving him keys just yet
        I don't know if FVV can be a starter on a great team. He hit some big shots but whenever he ran the offense he didn't seem to have the quickness or passing ability to really make things work. It was just always a lot of rock pounding till there was 10 seconds left on the shot clock.

Not super worried about it but it would be nice to bring in a young prospect over the next year or two while Kyle is still competing at a high level.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Maybe but more pressing needs right now. Lowry still has a year or 2 of near all star play I think. Is danny green still a contender level starter? How many more miles on gasols tires?

I think starter at the 2 and depth at 4/5 are our positions of weakness with today's roster
          This is where our bench comes in.

Definitely need a bigger role next season.

We need to find the magic of the bench mob back so when they are on the floor they can hold their own until the starters return.

If we keep the team together, we are bound to pick up some disgruntled players who are on their last year of their contract come trade deadline that we can scoop again.

Comment

• Leonard - Toronto
            Durant - Warriors
            Klay Thompson - Warriors
            Kyrie Irving - Nets
            Kemba Walker - Hornets
            Jimmy Butler - Nets
            Tobias Harris - Sixers
            Nikola Vucevic - Sacramento
            Kris Middleton - Bucks
            D'Angelo Russell - Pacers
            Al Horford - Celtics
            JJ Reddick - Sixers
            DeAndre Jordan - Charlotte
            Brook Lopez - Bucks
            Bojan Bogdonovic - Pacers

I think Malcolm Brogdon gets a max from Dallas and the Bucks won't be able to match.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect McCaw will be back. Barely above minimum QO, Raps have his RFA rights. Doubt he gets a significant offer elsewhere.
              That will be a good move if the Raps can keep him.

Certainly McCaw given his age ( just 24 next season) has more potential + experience than finding any diamond in the rough non drafted out of college bbl player or a player toiling in the G league looking for his next opportunity the Raptors may find.

But he really needs to put in the work this summer. Ceiling seems to be higher than Norman Powell if he can just put everything together in a more consistent basis.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                I think Malcolm Brogdon gets a max from Dallas and the Bucks won't be able to match.
                That would certainly be nice for Dallas and it's possible.

Would love to see coach Bud's face if it were to happen.

Comment

• Can we renegotiate Kyle or Serge's deals as they are expiring contracts.. or is that only if there was a player/team option? If Kawhi stays I'm sure Kyle and Serge wouldn't mind taking a smaller deal for a longer term (or maybe they won't)... but is that even an option?

Comment

• The Bucks are in a tough spot this offseason. Lopez was really crucial to what made them work, and it's going to be hard to retain him with no bird rights. I don't think they can do it unless he's willing to play for the MLE, when his open-market value is probably nearly double that. Unless they let Middleton go. I think that's maybe the more likely scenario for them, and then they probably match any offers on Brogdon.

Comment

• Bucks mistake was extending Bledsoe before the playoffs started. Outside of Brogdon and Lopez they may also lose Hill who has an $18M contract next season.. but only $1M is guaranteed. I think Middleton stays.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        The Bucks are in a tough spot this offseason. Lopez was really crucial to what made them work, and it's going to be hard to retain him with no bird rights. I don't think they can do it unless he's willing to play for the MLE, when his open-market value is probably nearly double that. Unless they let Middleton go. I think that's maybe the more likely scenario for them, and then they probably match any offers on Brogdon.
                        Can't they resign Middleton after signing Lopez and go over the cap? I'm assuming they have Middleton's bird rights, and that Lopez will come cheaper than Brogdon.

You're right though, there really isn't a world where they keep all three without dumping Snell. I don't see them being able to dump snell either.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Can't they resign Middleton after signing Lopez and go over the cap? I'm assuming they have Middleton's bird rights, and that Lopez will come cheaper than Brogdon.

You're right though, there really isn't a world where they keep all three without dumping Snell. I don't see them being able to dump snell either.
                          Not sure of their entire salary structure, but Middleton would have a decent sized cap hold (probably about $20M). So that figure would have to be on the "books" if they want to chase a free agent. Maybe that gets them over the cap already. Not sure.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Not sure of their entire salary structure, but Middleton would have a decent sized cap hold (probably about $20M). So that figure would have to be on the "books" if they want to chase a free agent. Maybe that gets them over the cap already. Not sure.
                            Yeah, by my math if they waive and renounce everyone they can except Brogdon and Middleton, they're still about $4 million over the cap, and even that's giving up useful, cheap guys like Connaughton. Brogdon has a tiny cap hold, so they could at least renounce Middleton and sign Lopez, they can then still match any offers on Brogdon... probably without going into the tax.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Well the Raps won.
                              You don't win by luck.
                              You don't have to be lucky to be fortunate....and it's a fools errand to count on being fortunate every year. How many times out of 10 do you think this same team beats Orlando, Philly or the Celtics, the Sixers, Bucks and GSW?

I think Masai has to tinker and he will.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You don't have to be lucky to be fortunate....and it's a fools errand to count on being fortunate every year. How many times out of 10 do you think this same team beats Orlando, Philly or the Celtics, the Sixers, Bucks and GSW?

I think Masai has to tinker and he will.
                                Bro it’s been 5 days since the raps won the championship lol

Comment

Working...
                                X