No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Sun: Raptors star Kawhi Leonard wants to play for Clippers: Report.
    https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...lippers-report

he gone

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I think what we're seeing is those days may be coming to an end. The cap spike of 2016 really really really helped golden state. That and Steph Curry signed for 11 mill a year when he was having ankle problems as his rookie extension. Look what happened with Golden State's depth this year. They aren't going to have room to replace Durant.

The Lakers are going to learn the hard way that having 2 superstars at the max really restricts your ability to form a team. You need to be able to groom talent on rookie scale contracts.

To me, you run this team back and reevaluate in 2020 when everyone comes off the books.
      The Lakers last glory years was when they had two superstars and mostly mediocre everything else. The Lakers have cap space to bring in some quality players and they also kept Kuzma who has all star potential. I think they're looking pretty good for now. Let's see what they do next.

Comment

• Simply just more of Woj' speculation

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
          Toronto Sun: Raptors star Kawhi Leonard wants to play for Clippers: Report.
          https://torontosun.com/sports/basket...lippers-report

he gone
          That's taken out of context. Woj goes on to say it's between the Clippers and Raptors. They screwed up repeating a rumor that may not even be true.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Can we renegotiate Kyle or Serge's deals as they are expiring contracts.. or is that only if there was a player/team option? If Kawhi stays I'm sure Kyle and Serge wouldn't mind taking a smaller deal for a longer term (or maybe they won't)... but is that even an option?
            Nope, can't negotiate salary down. Only thing you can negotiate is an increase in salary.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So.. with the #59 pick, should the Raptors pursue Fall, Konate, or Shittu if they're looking at a big?

Comment

• Who's taking Paul? Paul for Wiggins or Wall? lol

Comment

• Chris Paul, age 34, is owed $124M over the next 3 years

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

That's taken out of context. Woj goes on to say it's between the Clippers and Raptors. They screwed up repeating a rumor that may not even be true.
                    there's no reason for him to stay in Toronto--he did his job here.

sure, they can offer him $3 MM more per year, but he could probably make up for that in both additional endorsements and merchandise sales since he;ll be exposed to the US audience more by playing in LA.

and obviously it's been said time and time again--his family is there and the weather is just better.

also, leonard wants to be in the history books, he said it himself in an interview. there's that motivation for him to make history yet again bringing a championship back home to a team that's never won it before--the clippers. and doing it while lebron is on the lakers with AD would make it that much sweeter for him.

think about it, guys.

Comment

• Whatever. I'll be honest, I stopped reading after the first sentence. I didn't agree with that and so I knew where this was heading based on your other posts.

Comment

• If we were taking your opinion as gospel then the Raptors winning the chip was impossible. So there ya go.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Who's taking Paul? Paul for Wiggins or Wall? lol
                          Trading headache kind of deals.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Nope, can't negotiate salary down. Only thing you can negotiate is an increase in salary.
                            But maybe we can get Gasol to opt out and renegotiate? If Harrison Barnes is doing it surely Marc might consider it to settle down here the rest of his career.

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

there's no reason for him to stay in Toronto--he did his job here.

sure, they can offer him $3 MM more per year, but he could probably make up for that in both additional endorsements and merchandise sales since he;ll be exposed to the US audience more by playing in LA.

and obviously it's been said time and time again--his family is there and the weather is just better.

also, leonard wants to be in the history books, he said it himself in an interview. there's that motivation for him to make history yet again bringing a championship back home to a team that's never won it before--the clippers. and doing it while lebron is on the lakers with AD would make it that much sweeter for him.

think about it, guys.
                              You're still here? I thought you would have melted into a puddle when we won the chip, like the Wicked Witch of the East.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

If they're losing Kyrie does it make sense to give Al that kind of money?
                                Apparently it doesn't make sense to give Al that kind of money:
                                ​​​​

So that's Kyrie, Al and Terry all gone. Would not be shocked if Gordon is dealt and we see a rebuild/retool happen. They have a way better starting point than most.

Comment

Working...
                                X