Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You don't have to be lucky to be fortunate....and it's a fools errand to count on being fortunate every year. How many times out of 10 do you think this same team beats Orlando, Philly or the Celtics, the Sixers, Bucks and GSW?

I think Masai has to tinker and he will.

To me its always amazing that folks somehow miss the correlation between "luck" and the hard work and dedication that it comes disguised as.

They got a shot.
    They took it.
    They won.
    End of story.
    You want asterisks or corollarys... look somewhere other than sports. Despite the pedabytes of analytics sports has only one metric that matters. Its a simple one at that. Win or Lose. Raps won. Woulda Coulda Shoulda is not on the calling card this year. Leave that shit to Boston and Philly. They can wallow in it all year long.

As for tinkering with the lineup... Ujiri and Webster and the scouting staff are probably already at work on this. I am sure with all the hard work and dedication and travel and scouting and evaluation in stanky gyms that Ujiri will luck out once again.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 18, 2019, 09:33 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Who's taking Paul? Paul for Wiggins or Wall? lol
      Think phoenix would take him if they strike out elsewhere?

Comment

• Live look-in at Boston fans

Comment

• Woj reporting now that the Lakers are trying to open up max space again.

They have sucked for a long time so this hasn't been necessary until now, but fuck the Lakers.

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

there's no reason for him to stay in Toronto--he did his job here.

sure, they can offer him $3 MM more per year, but he could probably make up for that in both additional endorsements and merchandise sales since he;ll be exposed to the US audience more by playing in LA.

and obviously it's been said time and time again--his family is there and the weather is just better.

also, leonard wants to be in the history books, he said it himself in an interview. there's that motivation for him to make history yet again bringing a championship back home to a team that's never won it before--the clippers. and doing it while lebron is on the lakers with AD would make it that much sweeter for him.

think about it, guys.
            He has every reason to stay in Toronto, fool.

Now that AD is with LeBron, only an idiot would think that a quiet low key personality like Kawhi can compete with them.
            No way that's gonna happen.

And that 'interview' either never happened OR you just maliciously twisted it.

LA's only advantage over TO is the weather.
            And these players travel most of the year anyway too.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Woj reporting now that the Lakers are trying to open up max space again.

They have sucked for a long time so this hasn't been necessary until now, but fuck the Lakers.
              They can have CP3.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

They can have CP3.
                I could see CP3 being their #3 Target after Kyrie and Kemba.

Comment

• There’s nothing better than kicking back and laughing at the Celtics’ misfortunes while watching Raptors Championship highlights
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      There’s nothing better than kicking back and laughing at the Celtics’ misfortunes while watching Raptors Championship highlights

The sure fire 67 win nba title in the bag team appears to have come off the rails a bit.

I wish I could find that rant I posted with my milestone 5000 Boston Sux post and republish it...
                      I was a year off....
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

There’s nothing better than kicking back and laughing at the Celtics’ misfortunes while watching Raptors Championship highlights
                        We've worked hard over the years. Rest easy 007.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Problem is I dont see Durant, butler, Irving or Leonard wanting to be paired with lebron and Davis, each for somewhat different reasons. And those are the only real gettable top notch stars

I could see it being cp3. Him and lebron still wanna unite, hell all 3 of those guys (AD) will probably be in space jam

maybe Carmelo off the bench too lol
                          Banana boat still lives, and theyve got the perfect young unibrow to carry them
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Knicks might go down too and maybe the 76ers. Hang in there, this may be the greatest Raptors fan year of all time.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Problem is I dont see Durant, butler, Irving or Leonard wanting to be paired with lebron and Davis, each for somewhat different reasons. And those are the only real gettable top notch stars

I could see it being cp3. Him and lebron still wanna unite, hell all 3 of those guys (AD) will probably be in space jam

maybe Carmelo off the bench too lol
                              Banana boat still lives, and theyve got the perfect young unibrow to carry them
                              Maybe Al Horford?

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

But maybe we can get Gasol to opt out and renegotiate? If Harrison Barnes is doing it surely Marc might consider it to settle down here the rest of his career.
                                Oh, I'm sure Gasol would love to opt out of his 26M and lock in something like 50-60M for three years. But the Raptors should not want that to happen... Locks up too much cap space moving forward. And Gasol should not be opting out unless he can get something like that from the Raptors, as he could just stick with his current deal and make up the difference with an MLE-level signing thereafter.

Frankly, the Raptors would probably prefer he take the latter route anyway, as they may be able to fit him in their cap space in 2020 even chasing another star, if he's inclined to take that lower salary.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X