Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

and the raps are gonna beat them in the finals ?

what about family ? endorsements ? commercials ? merchandise ?
    are you always negative?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

are you always negative?
      no, but i'm trying to view this objectively.

Comment

LOL You're ignoring soo many of the objective facts, and only focusing on those that will get a negative reaction ... so you're really not.

Comment

The reaction to your posts should be cluing you in right about now that even if you're trying to view this objectively, you're not coming across as particularly objective. From my perspective, you're coming across like you're actively trying to spark doubt and anxiety.

If stirring up doubt and anxiety is really what you want to do, that's fine, but I'm not about to be anxious about what the next few weeks bring. If Kawhi stays, we're well-positioned to bring back everyone we want to and contend for the title next year. If Kawhi goes, we are in prime position to rebuild or re-tool because our remaining highest-paid players are expirings who will be valuable trade commodities we can parlay into rebuild-ready assets, and we still have battle-tested young talent including an all-star-level player in Pascal Siakam. And regardless of whether Kawhi stays or goes, we have that sweet, sweet Larry O'B to warm the cockles of our collective hearts.

I'm not worried in the slightest. We're in a pretty great position regardless, all told.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The sure fire 67 win nba title in the bag team appears to have come off the rails a bit.

I wish I could find that rant I posted with my milestone 5000 Boston Sux post and republish it...
            I was a year off....
            Now, now DS. Let’s be nice to our friends to the south in their time of adversity. Boston fans are wonderful people and the team is an iconic NBA organization tha...... LOL. No. Can’t do it. Fuck the Celtics and their gutter fans. Their tears are delicious.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

LOL You're ignoring soo many of the objective facts, and only focusing on those that will get a negative reaction ... so you're really not.
              like what?

Comment

like how you objectively predicted Warriors in 7?

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

The reaction to your posts should be cluing you in right about now that even if you're trying to view this objectively, you're not coming across as particularly objective. From my perspective, you're coming across like you're actively trying to spark doubt and anxiety.

If stirring up doubt and anxiety is really what you want to do, that's fine, but I'm not about to be anxious about what the next few weeks bring. If Kawhi stays, we're well-positioned to bring back everyone we want to and contend for the title next year. If Kawhi goes, we are in prime position to rebuild or re-tool because our remaining highest-paid players are expirings who will be valuable trade commodities we can parlay into rebuild-ready assets, and we still have battle-tested young talent including an all-star-level player in Pascal Siakam. And regardless of whether Kawhi stays or goes, we have that sweet, sweet Larry O'B to warm the cockles of our collective hearts.

I'm not worried in the slightest. We're in a pretty great position regardless, all told.
                  This is regarding Kawhi's reasons for staying; not the Raptors competitive position if he leaves (although I agree with your assessment that if he leaves we're in a good position after next season as many heavy contracts are expiring).

Tell me, why should he stay?

To finish business? No, he already did that--and the city will be forever grateful whether he leaves or not.

Money? No, 1) Ontario's highest marginal tax rate is higher than California's, and, albeit the Raps can offer him more money, 2) Kawhi can easily make up for it (and then some) via other avenues due to the US being a substantially bigger market (e.g., you all know the population of Cali alone is greater than Canada's--anybody in marketing knows Canada is small fry).

Load management? You don't think the Clippers are willing to yield to his demands if he needs rest?

Winning? The Clippers made the playoffs and pushed the Warriors to six games with Durant in the lineup. Imagine you throw in Kawhi in there and who knows who would have won that series. Additionally, the Clippers have cap space for another max player.
                  Last edited by whateverx2019; Tue Jun 18, 2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

This is respecting to Kawhi's reasons for staying; not the Raptors competitive position if he leaves (although I agree with your assessment that if he leaves we're in a good position after next season as many heavy contracts are expiring).

Two words: housewarming plant.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

Two words: housewarming plant.
                      LOL (and not in a derogatory way).

Comment

This is regarding Kawhi's reasons for staying; not the Raptors competitive position if he leaves (although I agree with your assessment that if he leaves we're in a good position after next season as many heavy contracts are expiring).

To finish business? No, he already did that--and the city will be forever grateful whether he leaves or not.

Money? No, 1) Ontario's highest marginal tax rate is higher than California's, and, albeit the Raps can offer him more money, 2) Kawhi can easily make up for it (and then some) via other avenues due to the US being a substantially bigger market (e.g., you all know the population of Cali alone is greater than Canada's--anybody in marketing knows Canada is small fry).

Load management? You don't think the Clippers are willing to yield to his demands if he needs rest?

Winning? The Clippers made the playoffs and pushed the Warriors to six games with Durant in the lineup. Imagine you throw in Kawhi in there and who knows who would have won that series. Additionally, the Clippers have cap space for another max player.
                        Why do you keep believing that Kawhi should be in the US to capitalize on marketing?
                        In Canada, he has the support of the WHOLE country
                        PLUS his loyal American fans as well,
                        PLUS the whole world- as Canada aptly represents that.
                        In this Finals alone, how many US states were rooting for the Raps/Kawhi?

Also, didn't you remember how popular Vince was back in the day?

OH and btw, your Clippers will always be 2nd fiddle to the Lakers especially now that the Lakers is looking to be prominent again.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Jun 19, 2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Haha Boston sucks.

What if Lakers go after Horford? That would be a huge team. They don't really need a point guard, they have Lebron. Give AD/Horford/Lebron two wing shooters. That'd be interesting.

I don't know what the Raptors will do with the tax if Kawhi stays. Even losing one of Gasol or Ibaka leaves them really thin at the 5. Though with OG back you can run some really nice Siakam at the 5 lineups, which they really didn't get into this year. Can Siakam replace Ibaka?
                          ​
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Leaving a championship team in free agency is rare. That narrative only really started to get pushed with Kawhi, because US media always does this when it comes to Raptors. Never heard that one before. Last time Kawhi went to Finals it was in 2014. Danny acknowledged how he took it for granted and realized how hard it is to get there.He'll be coming back to defend the title and not to build something from scratch.

What Clippers did in playoffs against Warriors is literally irrelevant. Look at Celtics. They took Cavs to 7 Games and people were talking about "add Kyrie and they'll win 67 games" How did that work out? Can they do load management? Can they win 17 games without Kawhi? It's not so easy.

Clippers will have to compete with Lakers and Lakers will always own LA. Raptors just beat NBA Store record on merch sold. Size of fanbase is irrelevant it's size of active fanbase and Raps are another level. All of his NB stuff was sold out immediately.

Raptors can also offer him the most money.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X