Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I definitely think that Serge moving is a possibility. But it could be Norm, and it could be Green just walking.

de Colo coming back to the NBA is interesting too, as if he comes in cheaper than Norm or Green (say, $5M or so?) he could supplement our guard depth when we lose one or both of them.
    I wonder what a qualifying offer would be for de Colo ?

Comment

I definitely think that Serge moving is a possibility. But it could be Norm, and it could be Green just walking.

de Colo coming back to the NBA is interesting too, as if he comes in cheaper than Norm or Green (say, $5M or so?) he could supplement our guard depth when we lose one or both of them.
      I think Green will get an offer of 10 x 2 or 3 years, basically extending his current deal ....and will re up unless theres a drunken sailor out there offering 13+ for a 32 year old glue guy
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Oh, if Norm has a market, you absolutely move him first. I'm not convinced his value is actually that high right now though.
        If someone is would take him, plus some cash then I view that as a major victory. Even if it's like $5M in cash, that saves the team huge in luxury tax.

Comment

• Raps just signed another player Lindell Wigginton, Canadian 21 yr old 6’2” guard.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

How did Toronto get Kawhi Leonard again? Worked out alright, I think.
            But Kawhi said yes he would come to TO and TO was willing to take the chance him not re-signing. If I remember the Spurs wanted Tatum from Boston and they said no. All willing participants. In AD's case he only wanted to go to LA and for whatever reason the Pels did not want to the offer at the time..

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Raps just signed another player Lindell Wigginton, Canadian 21 yr old 6’2” guard.
              And hes from outside the GTA - A Nova Scotian boy!
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

But Kawhi said yes he would come to TO and TO was willing to take the chance him not re-signing. If I remember the Spurs wanted Tatum from Boston and they said no. All willing participants. In AD's case he only wanted to go to LA and for whatever reason the Pels did not want to the offer at the time..
                Bendit, if there's a franchise tag in the mix you'd be surprised how much more accommodating everyone is. AD said he only wanted to sign in LA. He never said he wouldn't report to Boston. Ainge pulled out because he couldn't get assurance past next season. No worries with a FT in play.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

And hes from outside the GTA - A Nova Scotian boy!
                  Axel must be pleased.

Comment

• So the draft is in the books.... and for the Raps... even without a material pick.... they did pretty good at the draft.....

Why ?

Because no one in the Raps rearview got a lot better in this draft..

The closest teams to the EASTERN CONFERENCE AND NBA CHAMPS

The Bucks... drafted no one. Their offseason is very much scripted. They are going to be swallowing hard and paying the luxury tax as they resign all their guys to roll it all back. The Bucks already really good remain so. But they didn't get better via the draft as dumb as that sounds.

The Hinkies... drafted one guy.. at 20. A SF from the PAC10 and from Washington to boot. Man those guys are bears for punishment picking another Washington player . The Hinkies are in the same boat as the Raps in that they have to wait till FA to get closure on their two UFAs who haven't sent signals one way or the other on signing or walking . The Hinkies have parted with a lot of their namesakes accumulated draft capital built up over those long years of sucking canal water.

The Celtics... Suddenly faced with the prospect of losing not one but two starters in Horford and Irving.. did ... baffingly not too much. In the first round they picked up two more wings (they have a ton of them already) and they picked up some insurance at PG with the kid from Purdue who is waterbug fast but is on the shorter side in Carsen Edwards. No material moves but they did unload Baynes and have opened up cap space. For whom .. we will wait and see. The Celtics now have an incredibly young team if they let Morris go as well. From world domination to what might be a work in progress.

Team Jeffersons... moving on up

The Pacers... picked up a scoring wing in TJ Warren for next to nothing pre draft. Bogdonovic insurance ? And they picked up a big tough Euro Centre from the not so democratic republic of Georgia with the idea that Myles Turner can't handle Embiid in the least. They can generate cap room if they want to. They want a new PG as neither CoreyJo or Collison are good enough for them to move up the ladder so they too wait for FA.

The Nets... After what seemed like 10 yeas had draft picks and promptly trade them away. They have created a lot of cap room. Their off season like so many others begins June 30th. They did pick up a first round projection in Claxton to back up Jared Allen. So the team in the mix for a Tier A free agent has room. Irving ? Buttler ? Harris ? Durant ? Leonard ? Irving is the most likely.. but the oddest fit in that they have a pretty good scoring PG in Russell and a 6th man in Dinwidde who play the same game as Irving but just not as well.

The Magic .. drafted a wing who has a torn ACL.. he is an athelete but he may not see the floor till late in the season if it all. They still need a PG in the worst way so its FA for them as well... Ricky Rubio is going to get paid by someone... either the Suns or the Magic or the Pacers. Dude must have been born with a horseshoe. Still the draft did not much for the Magic this year.

NORAD ALERT .. Check out that fast moving object on the radar.

The Hawks...
                    They get two wings .. one of which is sure to pan out. The Hawks are coming back. They have a foundation in Trey Young and Collins. and added to that with a big win or big bust pick in Reddish. They got their wing for the next 7 years in Hunter. Now they have to put it together and learn how to win. The Hawks are coming up fast.. just not this year.

Still Treading Water or Sinking and they don't know it

Charlotte and the Whiz are just porked... No cap room.. No players of any real substance outside of their respective stars.
                    Detroit ... they drafted yet another big man who is a project. Lots of money tied up in the forntcourt with Blake and Drummond and next to nothing on the wings and ball handlers. Casey is going to earn his money again this year.
                    Heat.. They got two more wings who could be rotation players for them but Pat Reilly still has to wait and pay pennance for some bad contracts which expire after next season. The Heat will be the try hards and guys you don't want to see again next year but they still aren't going anywhere till they can unload salary and get a marquee free agent which is how Reilly builds his teams.
                    Knicks and Bulls... got better with their picks.... The Bulls are farther along now with a PG to go with a C and stretch 4 who can score. They still need help. The Knicks got Barret and still cling to dreams of Durant. Its all about FA for the Knicks. If they get nada.. They will be picking in the top 3 again next year.
                    The Cavs.... So the Cavs pick up another PG in Garland. Guess they have some concerns with Sexton long term. They also traded in to the last 1st round slot to pick up a talented headcase in Kevin Porter Jr. Hey they can finish in the bottom of the east with our without him so why not take the flyer. They still have Love as an asset to trade but the Cavs are the two years away from being two years away
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 01:42 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Pacers getting TJ Warren for nothing is a steal. Dude would be great in the right system.
                      Yeah I scratched my head on that one too. I mean, TJ Warren is a good player Pacers got them for free basically. I remember around the trade deadline (before we knew about Gasol & Lin) his name was floating around here as a possible target, but the overall sense was that the Suns wouldn't part with him, but now it looks like they just gave him away pretty much.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Raps just signed another player Lindell Wigginton, Canadian 21 yr old 6’2” guard.
                        https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/sp...-draft-324332/

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

I wonder what a qualifying offer would be for de Colo ?
                          QO for de Colo is $1.9M.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think Green will get an offer of 10 x 2 or 3 years, basically extending his current deal ....and will re up unless theres a drunken sailor out there offering 13+ for a 32 year old glue guy
                            Could be. Raps need to be careful with term. Ideally they'd get him back on a 1 year deal, maybe 2. Three would be tough. But shorter term means higher AAV, so...
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DS, I thought you of all people would have crushed the Celtics. They're losing Kyrie, Horford, and they salary dumped Baynes.

Losing Kyrie might be addition by subtraction but they'll be fighting for a low playoff seed at best.

Comment

• Three year deal for Danny stinks in my opinion. He doesn't have much time left no matter the age, just compare the playoffs this year to his time with the Spurs a couple seasons ago. There's a significant decline, he's trending down. he gets three years then this time next year that Norm narrative in here from last offseason is playing out with Danny...

Comment

Working...
                                X