Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Woj figures that the Raps won't match an offers for Nando.

Woj has no sources here. Hes reduced to a mere mortal, another speculating armchair gm

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Masai is going to lay 4 offers on the table, 1+1, 2+1, 3+1 and 4+1, all at the full max, and tell Kawhi he can have whichever of them he wants.
      Naturally tho, I'm sure he'll have some charismatic advice on which one he thinks Kawhi should choose

You guys gotta think big. Lets try and lock him up. Think like LA. "Believe in this city, believe in yourselves"
      Last edited by KeonClark; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 04:17 PM.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I was at a U2 concert in LA at the Rose Bowl and the entire crowd (like 100,000+) gave Pau Gasol a random standing ovation when he got up for a beer.... don't imagine this stuff doesn't happen everywhere.
        Read my quote again the first one "most popular person in T.O"

L.A already got Lebron & Kobe & Magic around, nothing special will be regarding seeing Kawhi that they didnt see (Also Pau Gasol got L.A a ring ) But bringing T.O their first championship, Kawhi is indeed a king here like no where else.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Woj has no sources here. Hes reduced to a mere mortal, another speculating armchair gm

True. Woj has turned out to be pretty useless when it comes to predicting future player movement. His strength was and still is those real-time WojBombs. It was like Playboy trying to get into the hotel business. Failed miserably.

Stay in yo' lane, Woj.

Comment

• Finals rematch

Comment

Woj is a part of the ESPN machine: make anything sound like a bigger story than it is even if it's not true so it will have legs and we could build stories on it as well.

Also I suspect but I cannot prove that owners from L.A & New York have teamed up with a third parties to pay privately for promotions of their teams so they can influence the players to certain individuals on ESPN. There is a high level tampering happening behind the scenes involving ESPN cause they can get away with saying stuff "so & so player should really leave that team to join the L.A team"

Comment

And hes from outside the GTA - A Nova Scotian boy!
                With major hops.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Masai is going to lay 4 offers on the table, 1+1, 2+1, 3+1 and 4+1, all at the full max, and tell Kawhi he can have whichever of them he wants.
                  Yeah thats the financial package for sure... pick one...

The other stuff the Raps have done a great job on.

Off court revenue stream with New Balance is in great shape... The Kwactus brand is now firmly established.
                  The Board Man Gets PAID and FUN GUY marketing programs are as big and as slick as they get. Not that they are responsible for them.. but they are data points that show New Balance can promote their shit with Kwactus in Toronto.

The backdrop and framing of Toronto as a mega media hub and a desirable location for the NBA media types was taken care of with the media coverage during the ECF .. The Finals .........and the coup de grace .. the parade ...a logistical shit show but those shots of Lakeshore Blvd packed 60 deep on both sides of the road was eye popping.... It looked a latin american dictator parade for el presidente.

The medical cooperation between the Raps and Kawhis people worked flawlessly...The same thngs that kept Steve Nash in Phoenix (that the medical staff kept his health in such good repair that he could play longer than even he expected is a big fucking deal.IMO) and its the same here...

Kwactus is a low key guy... he meshes well with Serge and Gasol and especially with Freddy.. who are all coming back....He knows Lowry will do what it takes to win ... like the GTHL its likely a package deal that Danny Green stays as well....

I like our chances for him to reup......
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jun 21, 2019, 04:43 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Spies (who spy on the Raptors) get stitches

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Finals rematch

They're lucky OG isn't playing.

Comment

• We're fucked
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Woj is a part of the ESPN machine: make anything sound like a bigger story than it is even if it's not true so it will have legs and we could build stories on it as well.

Also I suspect but I cannot prove that owners from L.A & New York have teamed up with a third parties to pay privately for promotions of their teams so they can influence the players to certain individuals on ESPN. There is a high level tampering happening behind the scenes involving ESPN cause they can get away with saying stuff "so & so player should really leave that team to join the L.A team"
                          Woj really has become garbage, all he does is predict fa going to the biggest markets because that will bring the most traffic online to him. Guy ligit got laughed at on air for saying hes heard Kawhi will give New York a meeting. I cant stand woj anymore.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post

Woj really has become garbage, all he does is predict fa going to the biggest markets because that will bring the most traffic online to him. Guy ligit got laughed at on air for saying hes heard Kawhi will give New York a meeting. I cant stand woj anymore.
                            I mostly agree, but I think it’s ESPN’s fault. At yahoo he basically tweeted breaking news which he is great at. Now ESPN wants him on TV offering his forward looking opinion and talking rumours. They are putting him on TV and he has nothing to say. Not necessarily his fault.

24 hour tv has been terrible for politics and basketball. You get Bill O’Reilly’s and Skip Bayless’s screaming at the TV until we all stop clicking on the click bait.

Comment

• Casey happy for 'thrilling' Raptors title win

The Toronto Raptors secured their first championship in franchise history just one year removed from parting ways with head coach Dwane Casey in favor of his former assistant, Nick Nurse.

While some may assume the former Coach of the Year would be frustrated to see the team achieve such success upon his departure, Casey holds no ill will toward the organization and admits it was a special moment to see some of his former players hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

"It was exciting. It was good to see," said Casey, according to The Associated Press. "To see a guy like Kyle Lowry, kid like Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet, and those guys - Serge Ibaka, guys I coached - win. It was really thrilling, because I know that was a goal going in with that group, and to see them win it was great."
                              Casey spent seven seasons with the Raptors and coached them to a franchise-record 59 wins in 2017-18.

"For that city to win a championship, it had to be thrilling for them," he added.

The 62-year-old became the head coach of the Pistons shortly after getting fired and went 41-41 in his debut season in Detroit.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                                Casey happy for 'thrilling' Raptors title win

The Toronto Raptors secured their first championship in franchise history just one year removed from parting ways with head coach Dwane Casey in favor of his former assistant, Nick Nurse.

While some may assume the former Coach of the Year would be frustrated to see the team achieve such success upon his departure, Casey holds no ill will toward the organization and admits it was a special moment to see some of his former players hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

"It was exciting. It was good to see," said Casey, according to The Associated Press. "To see a guy like Kyle Lowry, kid like Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet, and those guys - Serge Ibaka, guys I coached - win. It was really thrilling, because I know that was a goal going in with that group, and to see them win it was great."
                                Casey spent seven seasons with the Raptors and coached them to a franchise-record 59 wins in 2017-18.

"For that city to win a championship, it had to be thrilling for them," he added.

The 62-year-old became the head coach of the Pistons shortly after getting fired and went 41-41 in his debut season in Detroit.
                                Not sure what else Casey could have said without it sounding like sour grapes, but good on him for taking the high road. I never disliked Casey the person, I just always thought he had limitations as a coach of a team aspiring to be NBA champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X