Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The only thing left for board man is to show up at the St. Lawrence Market on Saturday and have the peameal on a bun...
    CN Tower and the Segwun Cruise on Lake Muskoka

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

CN Tower and the Segwun Cruise on Lake Muskoka
      Get back to me after he hits Wasaga Beach with a medicine ball.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Get back to me after he hits Wasaga Beach with a medicine ball.
        Take him to the Dardenella or the Windjammer ...
        Pretty sure the Windjammer is history. Lots of good memories though....
        Still the best bar fight I have ever seen...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• If Kawhi stays, I hope Masai/Webster use the MLE to sign another power forward in relief of Pascal.

Mike Scott or Trey Lyles are decent rotational players

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            If Kawhi stays, I hope Masai/Webster use the MLE to sign another power forward in relief of Pascal.

Mike Scott or Trey Lyles are decent rotational players
            Except..Raptors probably don't need another PF

Assuming Kawhi stays, and the only change to the roster is the departure of Green or Powell, then you have Siakam as the starting 4, with OG off the bench. In certain situations you'll have Kawhi playing the 4, and also the occasional 'big' look with both Serge and Marc on the floor.

So unless someone is ring-chasing, there's not a lot of minutes available at the 4, so would think that Toronto isn't that attractive of an option for free agent PFs

Comment

• Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I mostly agree, but I think it’s ESPN’s fault. At yahoo he basically tweeted breaking news which he is great at. Now ESPN wants him on TV offering his forward looking opinion and talking rumours. They are putting him on TV and he has nothing to say. Not necessarily his fault.

24 hour tv has been terrible for politics and basketball. You get Bill O’Reilly’s and Skip Bayless’s screaming at the TV until we all stop clicking on the click bait.
                Personally I stopped watching CNN 4 years ago (used to watch nightly). It's all evolved into a form of entertainment based on conflict...ESPN studio shows are similar with on-air personalities or guests having conflicting points of view / opinions except the subject matter being sports related vs news or politics. Mostly garbage.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Except..Raptors probably don't need another PF

Assuming Kawhi stays, and the only change to the roster is the departure of Green or Powell, then you have Siakam as the starting 4, with OG off the bench. In certain situations you'll have Kawhi playing the 4, and also the occasional 'big' look with both Serge and Marc on the floor.

So unless someone is ring-chasing, there's not a lot of minutes available at the 4, so would think that Toronto isn't that attractive of an option for free agent PFs
                  Need to consider possible injuries and now load management. Raptors were 1 injury away from having no bench at the 3 - 4 position.

Comment

• And Webster said the team must avoid any kind of complacency after winning a title. It would be easy to stand pat but it would also be counterproductive because good teams must always try to improve.

“Nick (Nurse) told us yesterday … he said ‘Stay hungry,’ ” Webster said. “I don’t want to say you necessarily have to fight (complacency) but you want (continued growth) to be a philosophy of the organization and it has been to this point.

“I don’t expect that to change. It’s stay hungry, go find players.”

Like I said, there will be tinkering for sure but I think Masai will surprise with more of a major trade/signing than you might think

Comment

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Does that mean there's an intent to have De Colo on the actual roster? If so, I like the move, I think he's a good depth piece at that position.

What I wonder though, is if that signifies they're unable to hold on to Green or perhaps trying to move Norm. I'd personally like to have Green back if possible, think he'd make another run possible with his defence and floor spacing.
                        Last edited by inthepaint; Mon Jun 24, 2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That's the mean there's an intent to have De Colo on the actual roster? If so, I like the move, I think he's a good depth piece at that position.

What I wonder though, is if that signifies they're unable to hold on to Green or perhaps trying to move Norm. I'd personally like to have Green back if possible, think he'd make another run possible with his defence and floor spacing.
                          I don't think this really means much. We could still lose both of these guys. We just gave them qualifying offers to hold on to their rights. If some team wants them badly enough I don't see us matching.. especially since we'd be a deep tax team with Kawhi back.

Danny's situation will be in flux though.. depending on what happens with Kawhi and how much it would cost to keep Danny. Danny struggled in the playoffs but he was pretty awesome during the regular season. A vet 3&D with two chips now... he's going to have some demand. If we can get him back under $10M than I think he'll be back.

Comment

• Little bit of Trivia:
                            Anyone remember who we traded for De Colo? No cheating!!

Also, at 32, and never having really played in the NBA at a consistent level, do people think De Colo is a real threat to earn minutes?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Little bit of Trivia:
                              Anyone remember who we traded for De Colo? No cheating!!

Also, at 32, and never having really played in the NBA at a consistent level, do people think De Colo is a real threat to earn minutes?
                              Hes got to be a better 3rd point guard than alfonzo brown or Jeremy lin.. and regardless of whether our shedding salary, they forsure need to add a 3rd point from somewhere for the 82 game haul
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It feels like De Colo's name has been associated with the Raptors forever, and for the life of me I don't understand why the Raptors have held onto his rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X