Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Shouldn't gasol be making a declaration on his player option soon?
    Tomorrow's the deadline.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Re your first point ... I think full on snub doesn't quite happen because good execs have back channels who are used to gauge interest both ways before they go thru the dog & pony shows. It would seem that only the real desperate teams (given KD's condition) will be offering the full max he has coming. Knicks and Nets are probably front runners... I wonder about the Mavs as well. The achilles lessens the odds ... look at Cousins as the latest example.
      I think Masai would have passed.
      Golden state will offer the max too. Hell most any team durant's agent calls would try to find a way to make room. I think we're greatly overestimating how much this will hurt his market value. Durant and cousins are not comparable, one is an all time great, the other is an all star with baggage and red flags, at a position that is frankly not a priority (offensive center)

most teams would gamble on kd coming back to be a top 5 player again. I know I would.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        so apparently Durant's declined his player option for next season (opting in was a possibility as a result of his injury).
        Iggy just confirmed what we all suspected all along.
        GSW 'forced'KD to play.

Major trust issues there

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Golden state will offer the max too. Hell most any team durant's agent calls would try to find a way to make room. I think we're greatly overestimating how much this will hurt his market value. Durant and cousins are not comparable, one is an all time great, the other is an all star with baggage and red flags, at a position that is frankly not a priority (offensive center)

most teams would gamble on kd coming back to be a top 5 player again. I know I would.
          To be clear, I only mentioned Boogie because of injury similarity (not bb equivalence). The achilles injury recovery especially in bb is laborious and not a guaranteed back to as-it-was card. Especially bad I hear on the psyche.

This maybe GSW's game plan... smart play ..

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/bu...h-14026683.php
          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jun 26, 2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Teenage girls have nothing on the NBA MSM and their "sources" as they both gossip on other folks intentions.
            Just a few more days to go until the players re-up or move on...

For context on Jimmy Butler heading to Houston.
            Darryl Morey barely has more than table stakes in the game this year but he knows how to work the media. .
            He has two trade assets in Capella and Gordon.
            He has his firsts.
            He is capped out.
            He is carrying an old pain in the ass player in Paul who has 3 more years on a 40 plus M$ AAV deal that no one beyond the age of 4 would think has value and he is stuck with him. Paul is a lot of things but being a good teammate rarely appears in the top 5 things he has going for him.

If he can parlay that situation into Jimmy Butler .. good for him...he should be EOY.

Just don't bet more than that stanky old ripped t-shirt in your gym bag on it.
            I don't understand all the "rumours" on national sports shows that are completely ignoring cap situations. "Team A wants player X!" "Player B will take a meeting with Team Z!" Well sure, the Lakers would probably like to have a starting five of Lebron, AD, Kawhi, Klay, and Kyrie. But that's not happening. Neither are most of the other rumours. The ESPN shows are sounding more and more like Real GM forums.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't understand all the "rumours" on national sports shows that are completely ignoring cap situations. "Team A wants player X!" "Player B will take a meeting with Team Z!" Well sure, the Lakers would probably like to have a starting five of Lebron, AD, Kawhi, Klay, and Kyrie. But that's not happening. Neither are most of the other rumours. The ESPN shows are sounding more and more like Real GM forums.
              I especially love the Laker shit... and it is mostly shit.

They have a front office that is as inept as it gets right now. Rob Pelinka either didn't do the math or check the math on the deal that was brought to him by Rich Paul which he promptly overpaid on. Not seconds later but days later the Lakers FO figured out they didn't have a max slot after that deal.

The owner has finally been exposed as an Eaton .. someone who inherited what she has by birth and seems to be out of her element anywhere but at lunch.

They have according to people who do math ~ 23M$ in cap space which could be come 30ish if they can unload 3 guys name moe who carry salary and who are of course.. not very good. Why would any team take their garbage and pay for it with a draft pick... So 23M$ it is.

And these yokels are being talked up in the Leonard/Irving/Walker/Butler/Harris sweepstakes ... They don't have the money for these guys. Some of them who have opted out of deals that were worth more than what the Lakers currently have to spend. The idea that an agent would take less for his client than he was already making is .. well... you fill in the blank.

A trade then !! Yes a trade !
              They don't have any salaries to match.
              The "rumoured" good ole boys trade for Chris Paul is just stunning in its premise that you can fit 4 litres of water into a 1 litre bag.

It truly is amazing what gets passed around at the draft and Free Agency.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 26, 2019, 02:29 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Iggy just confirmed what we all suspected all along.
                GSW 'forced'KD to play.

Major trust issues there
                The Iguadola interview was great. Certainly the talk about how the Warriors were publicly saying Iggy had a bone bruise when he had a broken leg in 2018 was interesting but also the mention that the owner was likely going to be forced to sell his equity in GSW and the comment that he felt Mark Jackson has been blackballed from coaching because of his religious views and conflict with Rick Welts.

Comment

• Tucker rejects the Raptors so he can sign for a cheaper deal in Houston.. only to be cap ballast a season or two later.

All kidding aside.. I wish we had Tucker back.. imagine a Siakam/Tucker/OG/Kawhi/Lowry lineup

Comment

• If I'm Butler, why would I want to sign with Houston, with Harden and Paul already there? Butler might touch the ball a dozen times a game.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Tucker rejects the Raptors so he can sign for a cheaper deal in Houston.. only to be cap ballast a season or two later.

All kidding aside.. I wish we had Tucker back.. imagine a Siakam/Tucker/OG/Kawhi/Lowry lineup

It's why, with very few exceptions, you always take the most money you can get. MLB Players Union has had this right for years.

Comment

• Is there any inkling that Bradley Beal is available? We have the assets to go after him.

Powell/Ibaka 2 picks for Beal and Howard?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Changed my mind....

This is the opening day lineup I want

Lowry
                          Anunoby
                          Kawhi
                          Siakam
                          Gasol

De Colo
                          Van Vleet
                          Green
                          Boucher
                          Ibaka
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            Is there any inkling that Bradley Beal is available? We have the assets to go after him.

Powell/Ibaka 2 picks for Beal and Howard?
                            Only thing I have seen is that they were looking to give him a $110 million extension and he had indicated he might be open to that.

Who knows what WSH is doing? Their interim GM seems competent but that's a mess in D.C. Tough to blow up and tougher to contend with that Wall contract crushing them...

Comment

• Green is getting A LOT of interest. He might get more than he's worth.

Comment

• Serious question.

Masai raised extension talks with Pascal. What does that look like?

Do we pay the max?

Comment

Working...
                                X