No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There you have it folks: the Knicks signed a big three in Gibson, Randle, and Portis

Comment

• I mentioned how insane the guard situation in the west is before, but with Russell going back west it gets even crazier... I *think* these are all the starting backcourts with the current depth-charts (loosely ranked best to worst).

Harden/Paul
      Lillard/McCollum
      Curry/Russell
      Mitchell/Conley
      Westbrook/Roberson
      J.Murray/Harris
      D.Murray/DeRozan
      Hield/Fox
      Ball/Holiday
      Rubio/Booker
      SGA/Shamet
      Morant/Bradley
      Teague/Okogie
      Brunson/Hardaway.Jr
      Caruso/??

The top 8 or so are all really good, and even through the top 11 or so there's a lot of potential.
      Last edited by octothorp; Mon Jul 1, 2019, 12:25 AM. Reason: phoenix updated with Rubio

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I mentioned how insane the guard situation in the west is before, but with Russell going back west it gets even crazier... I *think* these are all the starting backcourts with the current depth-charts (loosely ranked best to worst).

Harden/Paul
        Lillard/McCollum
        Curry/Russell
        Mitchell/Conley
        Westbrook/Roberson
        J.Murray/Harris
        D.Murray/DeRozan
        Hield/Fox
        Ball/Holiday
        SGA/Shamet
        Morant/Bradley
        Teague/Okogie
        Johnson/Booker
        Brunson/Hardaway.Jr
        Caruso/??

The top 8 or so are all really good, and even through the top 11 or so there's a lot of potential.
        I actually like the Rubio signing for Phoenix. It allows Booker to be a proper SG with a pass-first PG

Comment

• Wow: Over $2 billion in total contracts on Day One of free agency

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

I actually like the Rubio signing for Phoenix. It allows Booker to be a proper SG with a pass-first PG
            Oh, I totally missed that one in all the craziness of the day.

Comment

• Jamal Murray got a maximum five year extension. $170 million

Comment

• Knicks are signing generous deals for non-top-tier FAs for 2 years (or in Randle's case, as I recall a partially guaranteed third year). That's actually not a completely horrible idea for them: reload for free agency in 2021, or be one of the few teams with notable expirings during the 2021 season which may actually be of some value to possible contenders as well as teams looking to shed salary.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Oh, I totally missed that one in all the craziness of the day.
                  It is legitimately insane. I have so many tabs open...

Comment

• Crazy night in the NBA.. was unloading my twitter clip earlier but had things to do..

- So Butler going to Miami in a S&T with Philly and Dallas.. but the Dallas part could be dead? Hmm.. interesting.
                    - Horford to Philly? WTF?
                    - DLo to GSW on a S&T with the Nets? WTF!?!?
                    - Iggy got dumped to Memphis who might get waived (I hope Masai/Bobby jump on that - I love Iggy - and Masai and he go way back!)
                    - Clippers and Lakers have yet to make a single move.. uh oh. Are they waiting on Kawhi? Nervous a bit now.
                    - Teams that made the best moves so far: NOLA (Griffin has been awesome), Utah and Indiana. Nets have been solid as well. I mean they got KD.
                    - Still weirded out by the Philly move.. so the only "shooter" I guess is Harris? They have a H.U.G.E team now. Really interesting actually.. but losing JJ is a big loss.
                    - I'm looking at the East and it feels to me that everyone sort of got worse (except for hopefully Toronto) and maybe Miami if the Butler trade holds. Not sure about Philly but they did lose JJ and Jimmy. Bucks got everyone back except for Brogdon which is big loss, and of course Mirotic which really isn't. Celtics still have no big.. I bet they get someone like Kanter. Nets should be better but no KD for the year. I like Indiana but they really need a healthy Dipo otherwise they are a first round exit team still. Detroit still has nothing going for them. Washington/Charlotte/NY/Chicago/Atlanta will be fighting for lottery balls. I hope the Wiz free Beal. His talent is being wasted there.

Not many big names left. The Kawhi domino really didn't make much of an impact on everyone else. Lakers are so f@cked if Kawhi stays with Toronto. They have 3 guys on their roster.. and need 14 by the start of the season. LOL.

Comment

• Jamal Murray is now the highest paid Canadian athlete ever as per Josh Lewenberg. Beats Andrew Wiggins by a landslide

Comment

• You know, if it wasn't a long weekend, this thread would be full of people and at 100 pages or something

Comment

• Apparently Iggy knew about the possibility of a trade if Durant left. Maybe that's why he's been spilling tea everywhere

Comment

• Big and crazy night.

Craziest is Russell going to the Warriors, KD going to the Nets and Warriors trading Iggy. Warriors got weaker. Lost some key role players and replaced KD with Russell.

Now all of us wait for Kawhi's decision who hasn't said a word. Hopefully tomorrow.
                            Last edited by A.I; Mon Jul 1, 2019, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• Gary Harris given maximum five year extension. Looks like the Nuggets are locking into this core long term

Comment

• From Keith Smith:

Teams with meaningful cap space are down to the Clippers, Lakers, Mavericks and Knicks. We all know who the Clippers and Lakers are waiting on.

LAC - $55M
                                LAL - $32M
                                DAL - $30M
                                NYK - $30M
                                ATL - $14M
                                SAC - $13M

Everyone else is under $10M.

Comment

Working...
                                X