Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Well as Leonard drags this thing out and has 3 teams on ice waiting for his decision which teams stand to lose more than the others if they miss out on the Kwactus Sweepstakes.

The Raptors get hurt pretty good. They would go from the betting favourite to repeat if they resign Leonard to a mid tier playoff team. It might hasten a rebuild but they will be in the playoffs...but not as one of the favourites. That would go to the Bucks and Philly.

The Lakers have a ton to lose.. Yes they have Lebron. Yes they have Anthony Davis. After that all they have is Kuzma and a rookie draft choice who is already under medical observation. The longer Kwactus drags this out the more and more decent role players are coming off the board on day 2. Its the depth that Davis and Lebron need and its evaporating in a hurrry. The Lakers with a whole bunch of money are looking at some pretty skinny pickings to fill out the roster. Also factor in its the same guys that signed a host of DI's last year in McGee and Stevenson and Beasly and Rondo. Nothings changed with that front office save for Magic just leaving abruptly. The Lakers on merit have some middling pro talent evaluators and compounding that is that the pool of talent is weak as well as thin. Its also getting smaller by the hour. Its got to be tense in lakerland. And thats why you see so much disinforation hitting the news cycles from the usual sauces. .

The Clippers might fare the best but its like being the tallest midget. Yes they miss out on Leonard this year but hope is kept alive if Kawhi signs a 1 and 1 in Toronto. Still they have a decent team with a couple addtional picks coming up in 2021 and 2023. Though if Miami gets Butler they won't be as attractive than if they do not. They have cap space to get more picks. They could also be in line for Jimmy Butler if somehow Reilly doesn't get his salary dumps done in time. Its OK but its not great as they too have money but really nothing to spend it on. The gap between actual outcome and expectations will have to be managed. I think West will bite the bullet and keep his cap sapce open to see if he can get another 1st rounder or two on selectively taking expiring deals and without Leonard I think the Clips finish in the 8 to 10 range in the west. . .

So the raptors suffer a pretty dibilitating flesh wound. The Clippers get hurt but not as bad as the Raptors but they still get hurt. And I think the Lakers wind up the worst of the three in that they are burning another year of Lebrons deal and continue to project the image of a dysfunctional front office which makes it harder to attract Tier 1 players.

All the LA guys in the NBA media beat are really pushing the Lakers narrative over the Clips... The Raptors are an afterthought.
      I still like the raps chances the longer this goes.
      i am not sold on the lakers as anthony davis has been somewhat fragile already in his young career. What would the chemistry be between the kawhi , lebron and anthony. Is kawhi expecting load management where ever he goes and how does that rub on his teammates.
      That question applies to where ever he goes minus Toronto.
      The longer Kawhi waits hurts the lakers the most as they have money to spend on talent. the clippers are already a competitive team but where would they spend the money if kawhi picks one of the other two options.
      Toronto simply hands the keys over to pascal and explores there options

Comment

• Jordan Bell to Minnesota

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
          Source joined Twitter in June 2019. Not buying it yet

Comment

• Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Stephen A. finally came out just said it all:
                - He HATES that the NBA Champion is not an American team.
                - AND he wants Kawhi with the Clippers so they can have 82 big games in the Staples center next season instead of 41.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
                I quoted Joey here from the Champions thread.

There was another First Take clip I saw yesterday where Stephen A essentially admitted all of his reporting was just a bias cause he wants Kawhi to come to LA cause Stephen A loves LA. These guys are utterly illegitimate. (Max even casually said AGAIN in this clip that if Kawhi goes to LA he'd get to play for the team he cheered for as a kid. Which Kawhi flat out said he never liked the Lakers growing up.)

I didn't wanna sully the CHAMPIONS thread with descending into free agency talk.
                But it's worth pausing to say LOL what a bunch of pathetic fucking losers.

WE THE CHAMPS.
                WHAT IT DO BABY.

Comment

That twitter account seems like a honey pot for morons.

Comment

• Stephen A is a New Yorker and fuckin cried like a baby that he is when his team messed up this free agency.
                    So, if he is not a PAID clown, why the heck would he want Kawhi to go to LA?

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post

That twitter account seems like a honey pot for morons.

Comment

He joined twitter because /r/nba banned him. Dude has been fairly accurate over the last year.

This is not a good sign.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm fuckn shaking right now

Comment

• Why did he get banned? Too much truth?

Comment

• Same account says Kawhi to Lakers is officially done. 18m ago

Comment

Working...
                                X