• Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

thoughts?
    called it a few posts ago.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Comment

• Not sure which stage of anticipatory grief I am but here goes. What, in order of preference are all the outcomes that could have come from the trade?
        1) he leads us to a championship and stays
        2) he leads us to a championship and leaves
        2a) we only get to the finals but he stays
        999) he gets injured and leaves

of all those possibilities, we have to be happy with getting number 2. We won’t be.

Jimmy left philly. Kyrie and Horford left Boston. KD left golden state. Nobody would even go to the Knicks. Somehow this would be worse. Have one last thing Masai

Comment

• Good news!

Raptors do not have the shortest set of point guards in the league! Wizards now feature Ish Smith and Isaiah Thomas

Comment

• I said something similar to this in the Kawhi thread, but I'll say it here as well. The Lakers are a well-connected powerful franchise, and the basketball press wants Kawhi to sign with the Lakers. Meanwhile, nothing leaks from the Raptors organization. Regardless of what Kawhi's eventual decision is, the media drumbeat of Kawhi to the Lakers is going to intensify, because that's the outcome that the Lakers and the basketball media have a vested interest in promoting. It doesn't mean that Kawhi will sign with the Lakers, just like it doesn't mean he won't. What it does mean is that Lakers have far too much power relative to the rest of the NBA, and that the basketball press has what I've heard diplomatically described as a craniorectal inversion.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
              I said something similar to this in the Kawhi thread, but I'll say it here as well. The Lakers are a well-connected powerful franchise, and the basketball press wants Kawhi to sign with the Lakers. Meanwhile, nothing leaks from the Raptors organization. Regardless of what Kawhi's eventual decision is, the media drumbeat of Kawhi to the Lakers is going to intensify, because that's the outcome that the Lakers and the basketball media have a vested interest in promoting. It doesn't mean that Kawhi will sign with the Lakers, just like it doesn't mean he won't. What it does mean is that Lakers have far too much power relative to the rest of the NBA, and that the basketball press has what I've heard diplomatically described as a craniorectal inversion.
              i mean no one's here panicking because of chris broussard and his sauces. mainstream media has been quiet today. people are panicking because allegedly a member of the buss family who posts under burner accounts to twitter and a site similar to this one and who has a track record of predicting transactions has called it.

Comment

thoughts?
                My initial thought is that I can't believe someone would go through such an exercise to determine if an organization leaks info.

Comment

Raps always had geography problem. Why we act like that changed?
                  what do you mean why? havent you listened to masai for the past several years?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

My initial thought is that I can't believe someone would go through such an exercise to determine if an organization leaks info.
                    for a guy whose had big trust issue with organizations in the past and just finished the year with an organization that gained his trust big time something he has talked about as important it would make sense.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Wait, haven’t YOU listened to Masai for the past several years? You’re the one saying this will send the franchise back to the dark ages.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i mean no one's here panicking because of chris broussard and his sauces. mainstream media has been quiet today. people are panicking because allegedly a member of the buss family who posts under burner accounts to twitter and a site similar to this one and who has a track record of predicting transactions has called it.
                        I am aware of the alleged buss family member and the prediction, and I expect that it reflects the general level of confidence in the Lakers front office in the Kawhi signing, as well as the general Lakers way of seeing themselves and doing business. I understand the urge to panic. (I may not be panicking myself (yet), but I'm finding myself getting more and more irritated by the barrage of Kawhi-to-the-Lakers noise out there, to the point that I'm feeling rather sour that this is the way the Lakers and the mainstream NBA press operate.)

And I don't mean to tell people not to panic either. Panic if you like; it may well be justified. What I am saying is this: just remember who's pushing your buttons and why. Panic if you want, but at the same time, hold those people accountable for the execrable way they're handling things. This clown show reflects poorly on the Lakers and the fawning mainstream basketball press regardless of whether it is something they can not only get away with, but potentially even profit from.

Comment

Masai says what he has to say.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Kawhi didn't do anything yet because it was his b-day weekend celebration lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Wait, haven’t YOU listened to Masai for the past several years? You’re the one saying this will send the franchise back to the dark ages.
                              that IS the current narrative. i'm saying if kawhi leaves, that could potentially upset whats been built up for the past several years.

Comment

that IS the current narrative. i'm saying if kawhi leaves, that could potentially upset whats been built up for the past several years.
                                if all it takes is Kawhi leaving then nothing was really built up and narrative never changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X