Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    So would most people be on board with a rebuild now?

Think we can get quite a bit of value back for Lowry, FVV, Powell, Gasol and Ibaka's expiring contracts. Would look to move them and start a rebuild with Siakam and OG.as building blocks.
    For sure. This was the upside of the entire Kawhi deal. You take your swing. And then whether you win or not, if he stays, great. If he doesn’t you get to kick off your rebuild knowing you have your core the best shot it could have.

Now, I could see Masai staying the course this year, trying to post another home court appearance in the playoffs. But I’ll bet he explores all the options to see what is out there in terms of value for those vets.

Key is is to limit long term junk coming back. I’d be happy to eat into our 2020 cap for picks, but really want to keep that 2021 cap sheet sparkling clean.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

The problem right now is that Kyle, Gasol and Ibaka - the three contracts Masai would obviously want to trade and the starriest assets he has other than Pascal and FVV, who are both on good value deals and can be extended easily - are all fairly expensive. I mean, who wants them, and who do you get back?
      Expensive, yes. But some teams have cap room still, and if you are willing to take back term, you can usually find a taker for even an expensive rental.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I told ya so ...

but raps are in a good position to rebuild.

Comment

• Also, Danny's gone too: two years with the Lakers for $15m a year. Can't blame him at all, that's great late-career money right there.

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post
            I told ya so ...

but raps are in a good position to rebuild.
            You were wrong all the way up to the championship.

Comment

• idk man can't we at least try and defend the title? it's ours till someone takes it. Isle we could move Powell and ibaka/Gasol for a 2 that can score we could put up out a decent lineup. I don't want to just punt next season. maybe by trade deadline if we don't look like we have a shot at the finals then try I move our expiring. maybe pascal has an all nba season fvv is 6 man and OG comes back like all defense player. you never know
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• At least I don't have to see whateverx2019 here anymore. I know scrubs who don't sit through rebuilds.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I’m not even mad. Glad he didn’t go to the Lakers. Thank you for the championship Kawhi and Danny.

As for next season, I think Gasol, Ibaka and/or Kyle will be traded then maybe Raptors make a push for Giannis. Masai will definitely try.

Comment

• My guess we run this team as is until the trade deadline and we pounce on teams looking for a playoffs savvy vets for players + picks.

I was hoping we could keep him but Kawhi always had his heart set in L.A & was very professional about it. I just hope we can recover quickly and have one of them mini 3 years build up where we can contend again.

Comment

• Hope we tank man or at least retool and get some picks.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Well, it’s Siakam number one option time!

Also, we’re still the defending champs. This fucking sucks, but it was still a ridiculously great trade, and we won the title guys. Compare this to where we were exactly a year ago today, this was beyond realistic expectations.

Kawhi and Danny gave us their all, delivered us to the pinaccle and left on their own terms. All the power to them, and now we move forward with the boys - the champions - that we still have
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Expensive, yes. But some teams have cap room still, and if you are willing to take back term, you can usually find a taker for even an expensive rental.
                          Looking over options:

Houston could conceivably decide that Gasol or Ibaka represents an upgrade over Clint Capela - the trade there is probably Capela + PJ Tucker for Gasol or Capela straight up for Ibaka.

Boston could bribe us to take Hayward for Gasol or Ibaka, who would immediately give the Celtics the big they desperately need. They'd probably have to offer us a boatload of picks, including that Memphis 2020 first-rounder (protected 1-6, becomes unprotected thereafter).

Philly could trade for Kyle? I mean, presumably we would want Ben Simmons back for that, and I doubt they do that.

Miami always a possibility, but basically that would be two of their mediocre contracts: Justise Winslow is probably the target, plus James Johnson maybe?

I don't see any others unless Charlotte or Phoenix do something really stupid.

Comment

• Oh, and there's always the option of simply running it back with OG taking Kawhi's slot. Untested in the playoffs, yes, but during the regular season that worked pretty damn fine.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Looking over options:

Houston could conceivably decide that Gasol or Ibaka represents an upgrade over Clint Capela - the trade there is probably Capela + PJ Tucker for Gasol or Capela straight up for Ibaka.

Boston could bribe us to take Hayward for Gasol or Ibaka, who would immediately give the Celtics the big they desperately need. They'd probably have to offer us a boatload of picks, including that Memphis 2020 first-rounder (protected 1-6, becomes unprotected thereafter).

Philly could trade for Kyle? I mean, presumably we would want Ben Simmons back for that, and I doubt they do that.

Miami always a possibility, but basically that would be two of their mediocre contracts: Justise Winslow is probably the target, plus James Johnson maybe?

I don't see any others unless Charlotte or Phoenix do something really stupid.

I like that Boston deal. Hayward expires (he'll probably pick up his PO) in time for the Giannis sweepstakes in 2021 too. They badly need an elite big and Gasol would be that for them. Frees up more wing minutes for their young duo.

Comment

• oh and: is there any reason the Clips would do a sign-and-trade which might get us Kabengele?

Comment

Working...
                                X