Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Oh, and there's always the option of simply running it back with OG taking Kawhi's slot. Untested in the playoffs, yes, but during the regular season that worked pretty damn fine.
    The whole point proven by this title run was that you need a superstar player in the NBA to win a championship. Our goal now should be to find one.

Comment

• Guys you can either accept that rebuild is the best direction or that reality will slam you in a face.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• You know what is some small consolation in all this? The tears of Lakers fans. Fuck those entitled douches.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          You know what is some small consolation in all this? The tears of Lakers fans. Fuck those entitled douches.
          Yeah fuck Lebum, his winning title days just went up in smoke.

Funny thing how the dominant franchises in their respective cities The Lakers & Knicks have lost their aura . The Clips & Nets are the top dogs now.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

You were wrong all the way up to the championship.
            it was the reverse jjnjx but kawhi I knew would leave ...I even was willing to put money on it with anybody here

actually won some $$$ of this ..lol ..bitter sweet tbh

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              At least I don't have to see whateverx2019 here anymore. I know scrubs who don't sit through rebuilds.
              lol you poor sport ...I even said it's good for them to rebuild ..I'd like to see OG get more playing time for instance

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Guys you can either accept that rebuild is the best direction or that reality will slam you in a face.
                A rebuild is the best direction for many reasons but "keep a brand new massive and excited fanbase engaged" is not exactly one of them.

The Raptors minus Kawhi are still a good chance to make EC finals at least, and a season to really find out if OG can be what we hope he can be is far from the worst thing to do.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  My guess we run this team as is until the trade deadline and we pounce on teams looking for a playoffs savvy vets for players + picks.

I was hoping we could keep him but Kawhi always had his heart set in L.A & was very professional about it. I just hope we can recover quickly and have one of them mini 3 years build up where we can contend again.
                  precisely

Comment

A rebuild is the best direction for many reasons but "keep a brand new massive and excited fanbase engaged" is not exactly one of them.

The Raptors minus Kawhi are still a good chance to make EC finals at least, and a season to really find out if OG can be what we hope he can be is far from the worst thing to do.
                    no .....they can make the playoffs ...lose first or second round at most ... the long run they'll blow it up ...there's no point trying to make a run unless MLSE is that short sighted

Comment

I get that you are trying to be positive but this team probably isn't getting past the semi finals (2nd round at most). Bucks or 76'ers would take care of the Raps there while Pacers, Celtics and Nets will be tough opponents to beat. Kawhi was the difference maker.

Comment

• oh my god the Lakers are bringing back KCP and Javale McGee! THEY ARE SERIOUSLY DOING THAT

Comment

• whateverx2019 wrote: View Post

no .....they can make the playoffs ...lose first or second round at most ... the long run they'll blow it up ...there's no point trying to make a run unless MLSE is that short sighted
                          MLSE is a business. Do you know how much money they made off these playoffs? They made a SHIT TON OF MONEY. If the playoffs weren't profitable in and of themselves teams wouldn't try so hard to get there.

Honestly, that said: I think the Raps make the playoffs no matter what this year, so I'm fine with trading Ibaka and Gasol. Less fine with Kyle, who I think we should just keep around (plus there's less of a market for him anyway). But Siakam/OG/FVV as your front line should make playoffs in the East, so...

Comment

MLSE is a business. Do you know how much money they made off these playoffs? They made a SHIT TON OF MONEY. If the playoffs weren't profitable in and of themselves teams wouldn't try so hard to get there.

Honestly, that said: I think the Raps make the playoffs no matter what this year, so I'm fine with trading Ibaka and Gasol. Less fine with Kyle, who I think we should just keep around (plus there's less of a market for him anyway). But Siakam/OG/FVV as your front line should make playoffs in the East, so...
                            Damn I guess the trust that Kyle had with Masai is now severed.

Comment

• A rotation of:

Lowry/Powell/OG/Siakam/Gasol
                              FVV/Thomas/McCaw/FA/Ibaka

should still definitely be a playoff team. I guess everything will depend on if Masai wants to keep the rest of the band together, and how he wants to position us for next summer when we’ll have a bajillion dollars in cap space and all our picks

I believe in Masai
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

oh my god the Lakers are bringing back KCP and Javale McGee! THEY ARE SERIOUSLY DOING THAT
                                Magic fucked it up again! lmao I bet that Magic lied to Kawhi's face by downplaying what happened between him & management and when Kawhi met with management they backed up Magic's words. That's when Kawhi decided to fuck with The Lakers and now The Lakers have 2 stars and a whole lot of dysfunction.

Comment

Working...
                                X