Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

yeppers.
    but that was it from the beginning, have a go with Leonard, if he leaves, you're out from under Derozans contract and can make a clean re-start with a few young studs.... not bad really. Masai is a good leader.
    Yeah, at the end of the day this is the 2nd best possible outcome from that trade. Would do it over no question.

Comment

• F$^*..the Clippers..lol...I was thinking if he leaves..maybe raps talk 2 okc about paul george. This sucks, a guy wins championship and we can't get him 2 stay..The Clippers, clippers are joke franchise, u could of been king, ure still gonna b side kick 2 Lebron and city, so stupid. Time 2 build and get Gianius 😀
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Why TF did OKC do this? That cheap ass owner should be forced to sell the franchise. PG is the 2nd best 2-way wing in the league. MVP candidate in his prime with 2 full years left on his contract. This was a tax saving move, pure and simple. 2nd time they’ve fire saled an MVP caliber player. Those picks are all worthless, mid lottery and most likely lower.
          They didn't want a disgruntled star who wanted out and that was a big haul of players and picks. Kawhi could blow out a knee/back and those picks look pretty good for years

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            So Masai had a chance to land Paul George and keep Kawhi here but couldn't pull it off or didn't want to give up the players and pics? No dount they wanted Siakam as part of it this time.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

The whole point proven by this title run was that you need a superstar player in the NBA to win a championship. Our goal now should be to find one.
              The other lesson is those top 5 superstars want to play with at least one legit top 20 player on the roster. A true all-star calibre player in their prime, who is consistent in the playoffs. Kawhi knew what he had here with this roster - a balanced team of high-end role players. Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka are aging role players, who might not even be here by the end of next season. Siakam is promising, but he's still inconsistent. Fred and Norm are still unplayable against certain teams. The Sixers series was basically Kawhi on 1 leg putting the whole team on his back.

Still, there was no reason for OKC to cave into PG's trade request (assuming that's true) at this specifc moment to appease the Clippers, instead of running an auction. The west is wide open and they have 2 MVP calibre players. That's Sam Presti basically admitting he has no confidence in himself to buid a championship team. And/or Clay Bennett sweating over the tax. OKC is a total joke from top to bottom. If you can't play with the big boys, get out of the game.

Comment

• Had Presti been able to strike a deal for George with the Raptors -- and Leonard was willing to stay -- George was believed to be willing to join the Raptors too, sources said. Presti pursued a package of Russell Westbrook with George to the Raptors -- with the NBA's Most Improved Player, forward Pascal Siakam as the centerpiece of a deal -- and Ujiri balked, league sources said.
                Kill me now. Westbrook AND George?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ove-clips-deal

Comment

Well fuck.
                  Well said... It sums it all up in two words...

As I got outta bed this morning and heard the news it was really disappointing... not mad or angry .. just really really disappointed...
                  Such is the lot of sports fans....from the highs to the lows in short periods of time....

BUT... and there is always a but...

Fans of this team have seen 6 years of very competitive winning basketball. And the team made it to the top of the mountain. Not many teams and fanbases get that storybook ending after the long road to get there. No remorse. None at all. The final piece was worth it. So now the natural course of events begins again as the Leonard/Gasol/Lowry/Ibaka era comes to an end and the Siakam/OG/Freddy era begins. Lots of discussion to come on how that will begin to take shape.

I know for sure that when its all over for me...
                  My will state that my executor only has to make a call to the Leafs and Bills to let me down one last time. The raptors did their part.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 09:13 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

Kill me now. Westbrook AND George?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ove-clips-deal
                    Westbrook, George and Kawhi here would have killed it. Westbrook is an idiot but he backs it up. Couldn't be done with our cap tho?

Comment

• Lakers could really throw a wrench into this offseason by reneging on the Anthony Davis deal - the Lakers are now totally fubared - reneging on the deal would essentially press the reset button on free agency.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Westbrook, George and Kawhi here would have killed it. Westbrook is an idiot but he backs it up. Couldn't be done with our cap tho?
                        gasol and lowry would have to be involved.

OKC got a better deal. that's all it is on that front.

Still not convinced that Leonard signing here would have happened if they acquired PG. The story doesn't actually say that.

Comment

Not sold on Westbrook as a championship winning player. He's super exciting and puts up ridiculous numbers, but feels like a fool's gold type of player that makes the sum of the parts worse than the whole.

And we didn't have anywhere close to the draft picks. OKC is trying to save money - call it what it is.

Comment

• Imagine if the Kawhi deal was done but we bowed out in the 2nd round against the Sixers (very real possibility even this year if Embiid was healthy) .... this would suck even more. The championship was just a big surprise and a bonus for Kawhi, he was always heading home.

Comment

Considering Westbrook's and George's salaries, would have meant Lowry and Gasol/Ibaka being included to match salaries, and probably OG, Siakam in the package as well...would have been essentially 'Lakers East' - Westbrook, George, Kawhi, and then scrubs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not sold on Westbrook as a championship winning player. He's super exciting and puts up ridiculous number, but feels like a fool's gold type of player that makes the sum of the parts worse than the whole.

And we didn't have anywhere close to the draft picks. OKC is trying to save money - call it what it is.
                                Guessing Westbrook to the Knicks!

Comment

Working...
                                X