Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post

We'll see. Paul George has a brutal injury history, Kawhi clearly can't make it through a full season without resting and even then he's gonna struggle with health. Lou williams is going to be 34. Montrezl Harrel is their third best player and he's not better than Pascal. Pat Bev has injury history, they don't have a lot of big depth so PG or Kawhi will have to play the 4. Things can go wrong for the clippers, I wouldn't bet on it but to start a rebuild with 5 first round picks and SGA is pretty good if you ask me.
    I'd be surprised if Harrell is anywhere close to Siakam next season.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

We'll see. Paul George has a brutal injury history, Kawhi clearly can't make it through a full season without resting and even then he's gonna struggle with health. Lou williams is going to be 34. Montrezl Harrel is their third best player and he's not better than Pascal. Pat Bev has injury history, they don't have a lot of big depth so PG or Kawhi will have to play the 4. Things can go wrong for the clippers, I wouldn't bet on it but to start a rebuild with 5 first round picks and SGA is pretty good if you ask me.
      Does anybody see a PG & Kawhi team coached by Doc Rivers ever missing the playoffs? Those first round picks are most likely non-lottery... almost worthless, based on OKC's recent drafting history.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Does anybody see a PG & Kawhi team coached by Doc Rivers ever missing the playoffs? Those first round picks are most likely non-lottery... almost worthless, based on OKC's recent drafting history.
        I mean..OKC drafted 3 future NBA MVP’s in consecutive years in the last 12 years that’s pretty good. I agree the last few years haven’t gone well but I think they have the ability. Raptors drafted Siakam in the late 20’s. Picks have value and OKC lost in the first round 2 years in a row after acquiring PG. I get what you’re saying but I understand OKCs thought process

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Remind me, do teams that spent capspace get any kind of MLE? Room MLE?
          Yep, Room MLE.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think two of the picks belong to Miami

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I'd be surprised if Harrell is anywhere close to Siakam next season.
              He was quietly very good last year. He's a better rebounder, not as good of a defender. Looks like he's added the three-point shot as well.

Comment

We don't know if PG "demanded a trade". From the Woj article, it feels more like he "requested a trade" and OKC (way too eagerly) granted his wish. My theory is that OKC was already looking for a convenient way out of a bunch of expensive contracts and this was a nice first domino to set in motion. Fanbase can get mad at PG now, instead of Clay Bennett for being too cheap (yet again).
                I was just quoting DanH, take it up with him
                "if the player wants to walk away and not fulfill the contract, that's his right"

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Try reading the comment again. Every player has the right, like any employee anywhere, to breach a contract. They just have to live with the consequences. In this case, it would be loss of pay and likely a ban from the NBA at least until the end of the contract. No one is claiming they have a right to be traded where they want to go. What I’m saying is teams trading players (where they want to go or not) is a far less painful process for everyone involved, so that’s how those situations get resolved.
                  I don't think you understand the concept.

No you don't have "the right" to breach a contract. That's why you're in breach of contract.
                  You can make the choice to be in breach (or find yourself unknowingly in breach) but that doesn't make it your right. In fact you have no right to be in breach which is why you are sued for breach of contract and you'd have to argue that you weren't, not that you had the right to be lol ....

No employee has the right to breach a contract without risk of being sued (because there's no right to breach in the first place. That sounds like a weird union stance that has no place in law,

Comment

• I'm really talking myself into an Ibaka for Hayward deal. We need offensive production on the wing, Boston needs a big, it's a win-win for both teams (as much as I dislike Boston). Hayward should be a lot better next year after 2 years of recovery from the injury. His contract fits our timeline well. Trot out Gasol to start and play a lot of Kyle, FVV, Hayward, OG, Pascal.

Comment

• If I was Masai I'd be be kicking the tires on what a house clearing could net me.

I'm not saying that's the play but it might be ...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think two of the picks belong to Miami
                        I think it's only 1 Miami pick and I don't see them missing the playoffs in the East with Butler & Spoelstra. If so, just barely.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

My buddy at MLSE just responded to a note and said there are a lot of hard feelings there. Apparently, it became clear Thursday that the Raps were out but they were handcuffed anyway. Raps guys told him that the players are pissed.
                          As well they should be. And this is precisely what I want to hear, frankly; I want this group to come into the season motivated to show the league and the media that they are not happy about being disrespected and dumped on. I don't know if this team will have what it takes to make it back to the finals, but I want the fire burning in their hearts to do whatever they can to make it happen.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I mean..OKC drafted 3 future NBA MVP’s in consecutive years in the last 12 years that’s pretty good. I agree the last few years haven’t gone well but I think they have the ability. Raptors drafted Siakam in the late 20’s. Picks have value and OKC lost in the first round 2 years in a row after acquiring PG. I get what you’re saying but I understand OKCs thought process
                            Those were all top 5 picks, man. He'll be lucky to get anything in the 10-15 range. Look at his draft record outside of top 5 picks.... it's garbage (other than Serge, way back & Adams). Those aren't franchise changers.... that's low-end treadmill.

And Sam Presti would have chosen Greg Oden over Kevin Durant if the Blazers hadn't miraculously jumped up to the #1 spot. Presti is hugely overrated and has been living off those days for a long time now.
                            Last edited by golden; Sat Jul 6, 2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• I just realized that every other star that switched teams this offseason was involved in a sign and trade.. except us.

That sucks. Would've liked to have something back

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                If I was Masai I'd be be kicking the tires on what a house clearing could net me.

I'm not saying that's the play but it might be ...
                                We've seen the value of fielding a competitive team and acquiring and developing players. I think a tear down would be a mistake. Raps don't want to be the Florida Marlins. It's a terrible look. No one would blame them but I don't see it. Front office is too good and too proud to take the easy way out and hope for the best. Raps aren't the Knicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X