No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent tampering by removing the moritorium. Right. So nothing really changes.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Prevent tampering by removing the moritorium. Right. So nothing really changes.
      I would think a change to the moratorium is not a move to prevent tampering, it's a move to prevent these players backing out of deals and screwing teams over, which is still rare but any example at all is too many.

If they want to fix the tampering (depending on how you define the term) they'll be taking other action.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sure does sound like he's talking about tampering...

Comment

Sure does sound like he's talking about tampering...
          Yes, he is talking about tampering there. And what is your issue with the sentiment that rules should actually be enforced?

Changes to the moratorium schedule do not preclude other changes.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Don't really see the issue with tampering, just allow it.

Why is it a problem if teams/players are talking prior to actual free agency? That's how any job search works. You don't wait for your contract to expire before talking to potential employers or future coworkers.

I'm all for the player empowerment stuff. The teams are already empowered to completely fuck over a player if they want to by trading them to some crappy team or city they don't want to be in, so why shouldn't the players have the ability to control their destinies if they're smart enough to plan ahead. See nothing wrong with what LeBron did back prior to 2010 to plan the Heatles with Bosh and Wade. Why sit around and wait for Colangelo and Danny Ferry to get their shit together when you can just form a team on your own and work under a smarter executive?

Comment

• If Masai will try his luck to at least run it back by putting his team in a position to represent the East, how about....

Norm
              Serge
              OG

for

Beal
              Mahimi

Beal has 2 years remaining with an expiring contract in the summer of 2021. This move maintains a culture of winning in preparation for that free agency with some big names available including the alphabet.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                If Masai will try his luck to at least run it back by putting his team in a position to represent the East, how about....

Norm
                Serge
                OG

for

Beal
                Mahimi

Beal has 2 years remaining with an expiring contract in the summer of 2021. This move maintains a culture of winning in preparation for that free agency with some big names available including the alphabet.
                looks good for the raps but no idea why the wizards would do this trade. just drafted a dude in rui who is the exact mold of OG Ibaka is expiring and norm hasn't played up to his contract. this would be highway robbery
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Don't really see the issue with tampering, just allow it.

Why is it a problem if teams/players are talking prior to actual free agency? That's how any job search works. You don't wait for your contract to expire before talking to potential employers or future coworkers.

I'm all for the player empowerment stuff. The teams are already empowered to completely fuck over a player if they want to by trading them to some crappy team or city they don't want to be in, so why shouldn't the players have the ability to control their destinies if they're smart enough to plan ahead. See nothing wrong with what LeBron did back prior to 2010 to plan the Heatles with Bosh and Wade. Why sit around and wait for Colangelo and Danny Ferry to get their shit together when you can just form a team on your own and work under a smarter executive?
                  i mean just personally for myself the main issue i have with it is that the team i cheer for is based in toronto, and the concept of an NBA team based in canada being compatible with player empowerment (as defined by a players right to dictate where and with whom they play with) is completely absurd.

i also find the artificial manufacturing of legacies whereby the most powerful players stack the decks to give themselves the largest possible competitive advantages distasteful, to put it mildly.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

looks good for the raps but no idea why the wizards would do this trade. just drafted a dude in rui who is the exact mold of OG Ibaka is expiring and norm hasn't played up to his contract. this would be highway robbery
                    Just like with other trades we have seen, they are not always at fair market value. Most of the time, there is always a winner and a loser.

Mahimi has one year remaining so it a wash with Ibaka on the same boat.

OG is much older and is already NBA ready than Hachimura. Norm is playoff tested and has a ring to show for. Both are still very young with a bright future. Ujiri can make it more attractive if he offer his 2022 first round pick (protected) or two future second rounders.

Beal is more expandable than ever.

Comment

• Woj reported that Minnesota is looking to clear up cap space for the summer of 2020. Which is why they didn't match the offer for Tyus Jones. I would like to see Wiggins brought in. If any team can tap into his potential it would be the raptors. An Ibaka/Wiggins works straight up. Minny probably throws in a seconder too. I think Ibaka would look good playing next to Towns. Right now they only have Jordan Bell on roster that can play PF.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Woj reported that Minnesota is looking to clear up cap space for the summer of 2020. Which is why they didn't match the offer for Tyus Jones. I would like to see Wiggins brought in. If any team can tap into his potential it would be the raptors. An Ibaka/Wiggins works straight up. Minny probably throws in a seconder too. I think Ibaka would look good playing next to Towns. Right now they only have Jordan Bell on roster that can play PF.
                        Thought about it a decent amount, I don't really want Wiggins. Dude doesn't do many of the winning plays; little effort on defense, few hustle plays, shot selection etc. Maybe that gets fixed coming into a winning culture with better coaching, but thats a big contract. Kinda prefer sending the resources, time, coaching etc. into a ton of fliers over the next couple years to find a diamond in the rough or combine a couple good players in a trade. I could be talked into it with enough draft picks.

Comment

Sure does sound like he's talking about tampering...
                          Anyone else share the jaded opinion that this issue winds up right beside the playoff seeding plan adjustment from a few years ago ... words will be spoken at pressers...deliberations will happen behind closed doors ....studies will be undertaken.....

yada yada yada...

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                            i mean just personally for myself the main issue i have with it is that the team i cheer for is based in toronto, and the concept of an NBA team based in canada being compatible with player empowerment (as defined by a players right to dictate where and with whom they play with) is completely absurd.
                            Isn't that a product of the US investing more in basketball development? As basketball investment grows world wide and Canada and other places produce more talent, doesn't this even out?

Even today, Gianis, Embiid, Simmons, etc, are all non US superstar level players, and the list is growing.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Woj reported that Minnesota is looking to clear up cap space for the summer of 2020. Which is why they didn't match the offer for Tyus Jones. I would like to see Wiggins brought in. If any team can tap into his potential it would be the raptors. An Ibaka/Wiggins works straight up. Minny probably throws in a seconder too. I think Ibaka would look good playing next to Towns. Right now they only have Jordan Bell on roster that can play PF.
                              I don’t really hate it as much as I used to. I doubt Raps can get anybody in free agency so just go for it
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Biggest issue with Wiggins outside of his lackadaisical play is that he's got 4 years on a contract averaging about $30M a year. That's fairly significant. He's still basically a project. That would eat into both the 2020 and 2021 cap space.

We need offense on this team and he can get you 20ppg. But there is also a reason why he's only made the playoffs once, and that was when Jimmy was there carrying that team. Pretty risky IMO.

I'd rather go after Hayward as his contract ends 2 years earlier and is just as risky IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X