No announcement yet.

Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Ibaka plus FVV for Chris Paul works under the cap. They also have some picks they could send our way as sweetners.

No way we do this, but in terms of next year, playing Lowry at the 2, along with Paul and Gasol would be a ball movement and smart defense clinic. Siakam and Power/RHJ/Stanely, etc would thrive in lob city north.

Would put Toronto into a good situation load management wise, having Paul and Lowry.

Paul's contract is looong, tho, so would eat into the precious cap space Masai has created once Gasol, Ibaka and Lowry expire.

Anyway, not gonna happen, but just saying.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Not gonna lie. I'm gonna love it when they get knocked out....unless it's the LA Lickers .....
      I think we deserve a Clippers vs Lakers first round playoff matchup. We could be happy knowing one of them will lose in the first round.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I think we deserve a Clippers vs Lakers first round playoff matchup. We could be happy knowing one of them will lose in the first round.
        7 games, all 3OT, lebron, George, Kawhi and AD all gassed to the point where they're swept in the 2nd round

Comment

• Russ for Paul and picks.. wow.. The NBA's off season is so much fun.

I heard that Harden approved of the trade.. so I suspect Harden/Russ to figure things out. Could see Harden as more of a Robin. Let Russ do most of the handling and have Harden run off screens. But I bet Paul's ego got bruised just a teeny bit there..

Surprised Russ stayed in the West.. I honestly thought it would be between Miami and Detroit. They must have not wanted to give up those picks that OKC wanted.

Pistons should still grab Paul though.. reunite Paul/Griffin but in Detroit and use Drummond as their lob partner instead of Jordan. Casey can get the most out of that I bet.

I personally think Houston got worse.. but that's why they play the games right.

Anyway if Detroit and Miami stand pat.. I think Miami now over takes them now. Detroit's point guards are still pretty terrible.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Russ for Paul and picks.. wow.. The NBA's off season is so much fun.

I heard that Harden approved of the trade.. so I suspect Harden/Russ to figure things out. Could see Harden as more of a Robin. Let Russ do most of the handling and have Harden run off screens. But I bet Paul's ego got bruised just a teeny bit there..
            I'd say. He went from playing on one of the West favorites to landing on the treadmill in OKC. OKC should have enough to make the playoffs but they're looking at first round exits for the rest of Paul's contract unless they flip him now.

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Pistons should still grab Paul though.. reunite Paul/Griffin but in Detroit and use Drummond as their lob partner instead of Jordan. Casey can get the most out of that I bet.
            Can you imagine if the Thunder pull that off and get even more picks? Crazy.

Comment

• if Raps could get Steven Adams...
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets. Blazer, Jazz, Warriors. One of those teams is going to be a 7 seed. Phoenix might not win a game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  if Raps could get Steven Adams...
                  Serge for Adams works straight up. But would Adams be okay coming off the bench?

Also Nurse likes to stretch out his bigs.. and Adams has only taken 7 3pt attempts in his career.. and is 0-7. I suspect Nurse would prefer Serge even though Adams is the better overall player.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets. Blazer, Jazz, Warriors. One of those teams is going to be a 7 seed. Phoenix might not win a game.
                    Also the fight for the 8th seed will be wild with the Spurs, Kings and Mavs. The Mavs should be pretty good this year, especially if Zinger is healthy.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I'd say. He went from playing on one of the West favorites to landing on the treadmill in OKC. OKC should have enough to make the playoffs but they're looking at first round exits for the rest of Paul's contract unless they flip him now.

Can you imagine if the Thunder pull that off and get even more picks? Crazy.
                      One of the picks for the Thunder is in 2026 meaning that player right now is in grade 6!! Crazy to even think!

Comment

• Maybe Miami would be interested? They could flip Dragic and Olynyk straight up for Paul.

A Butler/Paul pairing would be pretty interesting and the Heat were interested in Russ, so...

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          if Raps could get Steven Adams...
                          Adams is like a younger Serge. He's got a bigger contract though, can't shoot 3's and Serge put up similar numbers in the playoffs in about 10 less minutes. I think Serge fits a bit better on the Raptors because he can stretch the defense.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Adams is like a younger Serge. He's got a bigger contract though, can't shoot 3's and Serge put up similar numbers in the playoffs in about 10 less minutes. I think Serge fits a bit better on the Raptors because he can stretch the defense.
                            uh, what?

Comment

• Thunder aren't a legit championship team. Have they been reducing costs to make the financial books look better for a partial equity sale? Hmmmm....

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Thunder aren't a legit championship team. Have they been reducing costs to make the financial books look better for a partial equity sale? Hmmmm....

Very interesting.... OKC just cleaning up the balance sheet on long term debt before he sells....
                                Have to think a very petulant Chris Paul wants out of OKC bad.. Real bad... Prolly to anyplace that has a star-ish player... Miami being a decent bet. Not sure about Detroit as OKC might want expirings so their salary commitments are about 60M$ at the start of 2020-21 season.

Cleaning up the balance sheet happens all the time outside of the sports world....
                                Any mention if Bennet or other members of the ownership group want to buy his piece ?

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X