• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizards’ C.J. Miles to have surgery for stress fracture in foot

Comment

• Raptors officially sign free-agent guard Cameron Payne

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I guess he's staying in the NBA. And no, not with the Raptors.
        Can't play defense or rebound. I can't recall his name but I believe we already had a useless 7 ft euro guy prima donna before and we vow never again.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Wizards’ C.J. Miles to have surgery for stress fracture in foot
          lol why the hell they signed CJ Miles for?! Do the Wizards even have a medical staff?! joke of organization, they really thought Masai would join their travelling circus.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

lol why the hell they signed CJ Miles for?! Do the Wizards even have a medical staff?! joke of organization, they really thought Masai would join their travelling circus.
            Didn't they trade Howard for CJ? Point stands though. Wiz are terrible.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              God I hope the Clippers have a disastrous season.
              Well, as it is now it looks like their starting Point Guard-centre combo (which is where a lot offensive sets in the NBA revolve around) is Pat Beverly and Zubac. To me that's a significant downgrade from the Kyle Lowry - Marc Gasol combo, in several ways. They're really banking it all on Paul George on the wing to help Kawhi out, we'll see how it pans out.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Well, as it is now it looks like their starting Point Guard-centre combo (which is where a lot offensive sets in the NBA revolve around) is Pat Beverly and Zubac. To me that's a significant downgrade from the Kyle Lowry - Marc Gasol combo, in several ways. They're really banking it all on Paul George on the wing to help Kawhi out, we'll see how it pans out.
                They're also banking on Doc Rivers coaching. He had much less to work with last year and the Clippers won 48 games and took 2 playoff games from a full strength Warriors squad.

Comment

• I'm really curious where the playmaking will come from on that Clips team. I think they'll be good but it'll be interesting in playoffs.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Clippers are absolutely better than they were last year. No question. But...
                    There is a narrative out there they are simply adding Kawhi and Paul George to last year’s team. Tobias Harris played 55 games for the Clippers last year. Gallinari was almost an all star. And Shai was a promising piece. You take Kawhi and PG over those guys 100 times out of 100 but even ignoring picks they lost key some pieces from last years team. They are weak inside and I expect Anthony Davis, Jokic, Gobert, Lemarcus Aldridge and KAT to feast on their front line.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

WHY?
                      You don't think every team still tries against the odds? What an odd theory you have
                      You suggested the league was there to service a half dozen teams and everyone else was benefiting from the shared revenue from these teams doing well. You were suggesting that's why the league fixes everything to make it sure the stars land there. If all that were true then it would make no sense for these other teams to legitimately try to win on a level which leads to financial losses. Your theory looks like Swiss cheese.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

You suggested the league was there to service a half dozen teams and everyone else was benefiting from the shared revenue from these teams doing well. You were suggesting that's why the league fixes everything to make it sure the stars land there. If all that were true then it would make no sense for these other teams to legitimately try to win on a level which leads to financial losses. Your theory looks like Swiss cheese.
                        You placing a bunch of your presuppositions into my thoughts doesn't make your conclusions true.

I said the league is there to generate the highest revenue from various sources, not "service a half dozen teams".
                        Never did I say the League "fixes everything to make sure stars land there" please show me that quote.
                        The fact that the League prefers stars in large market teams that generate larger viewership/merch sales and profits does not mean they fix it but they may not block efforts to create it that otherwise wouldn't be tolerated. ie tampering and player collusion.

Again, even if the odds were stacked against them, why wouldn't every team owner not try to win? You make no sense.
                        Maybe, just maybe that's why several of them have petitioned the League to stop allowing the unlevel playing field where stars can force themselves to major markets with other stars.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Not a lot of teams have a centre talented enough to run their offense through, so I don't think you'll see Zubac all that involved. Everyone is expecting the Clippers to have a top defense like the KG Celtics and the offense to come from primarily iso plays through Kawhi/George. They'll be really good with guys like Chandler, Lou Will, Shamet/Beverly coming off the bench.

Comment

• Anyone watching The Basketball Tournament? I tuned in last night and it was surprisingly engaging, especially because they're using the Elam ending. Plus it's just nice to watch basketball at the end of July. ;-)

Comment

• I turn out most live sports forthe Summer except a little bit of baseball.
                              But the good weather season is for beer boating and BBQ's .... and cottages and fishing .... and friends who don't watch basketball.....because you don't speak to them in-season lol
                              Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Jul 27, 2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Rockets sign former first-overall pick Anthony Bennett....spent the last two years in the G League

Comment

Working...
                                X