Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Dudley, James, Davis, Howard, McGee...they could put together a heck of a scary defense with the personnel they have.
    On NBA 2K13, sure.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      so I watched Rico Hines scrimmage live not those edited videos on youtube. And that shit is terrible. Bricks, travels, turnovers. All Pascals threes bricked.
      That’s why they’re working on their shit and playing from the elbows.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM Looks like our buddy Goldblum has a new show coming out

https://youtu.be/P7aN9OkNl7U

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          GOLDBLUM Looks like our buddy Goldblum has a new show coming out

https://youtu.be/P7aN9OkNl7U

Just kidding. I obviously love to be @-ed. All publicity is good publicity.

Yes, very excited for the new show. I’ll mostly just be talking about the upside of Stanley Johnson and RHJ. Be sure to tune in.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Raps just signed another player Lindell Wigginton, Canadian 21 yr old 6’2” guard.
            So we've hit peak dog days of the off-season, with "Lindell Wigginton Free Agency" making the front page of Hoopshype. lol. FWIW, I liked this Canuck's offensive game - it reminded me so much of Lowry (i.e. the way he scors, not PG skills).

In five games with the Raptors’ summer league team, Wigginton averaged 7.4 points and 15 minutes per game and shot 78 per cent from the free throw line. Apparently it was enough to catch the eyes of some NBA brass. Wigginton wouldn’t disclose which teams he’s considering or whether the Raptors will invite him to training camp or add him to their NBA G League roster. “It doesn’t have to be with the Raptors,” Wigginton said. “Whatever the best situation is for me. That’s what I want to do and that’s what my agent is pushing for me to do.”

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Dudley, James, Davis, Howard, McGee...they could put together a heck of a scary defense with the personnel they have.
              You listed 3 good defenders there (Bradley, Green and Davis)

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post

You listed 3 good defenders there (Bradley, Green and Davis)
                Are you seriously saying that Lebron James isn't a "good" defender? Ugh.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Are you seriously saying that Lebron James isn't a "good" defender? Ugh.
                  Yeah, I mean we're talking about the playoffs here. That's when those old guys, like Playoff Rondo, actually show up and play D.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I mean we're talking about the playoffs here. That's when those old guys, like Playoff Rondo, actually show up and play D.
                    The huge question mark for the 2 LA teams is if they get to the playoffs healthy. All 4 superstars there are prime candidates for serious load management this season with pretty significant recent injury histories. Both of those teams are overrated as far as depth goes imho. Lakers filled out the roster with a bunch of over the hill guys who want to coast in the regular season themselves and Clippers have almost no depth outside of their starters.

Comment

• Tthe Lakers experiment will be interesting. Lots of clown show opportunities. They have some good locker room guys (Danny, Dudley) with some that aren't (Dwight, Rondo). Kidd as an assistant coach will be wild. And of course everything goes through Lebron.

Would love to see how it all unfolds. I'm sort of expecting a good year from them. Not sure why.. but I think the experiment will work this time around. If Lebron makes the playoffs, he's an extremely tough out. We've seen it in Cleveland over and over and over again.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

The huge question mark for the 2 LA teams is if they get to the playoffs healthy. All 4 superstars there are prime candidates for serious load management this season with pretty significant recent injury histories. Both of those teams are overrated as far as depth goes imho. Lakers filled out the roster with a bunch of over the hill guys who want to coast in the regular season themselves and Clippers have almost no depth outside of their starters.
                        Disagree. Lou will still there, you got 90 pts right there with Kawhi and pg. Harrell had a breakout year 17 ppg, Landry shamet had a good campaign and is only 21. Beverly can guard the other teams best player most nights, that's 3 A+ defenders in the starting lineup.

When the playoffs start this is the scariest group in the nba 1 thru 8 hands down.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LAC doesn't have a playmaker, and is thin in rim protection. It may not matter.. they have loads of talent.. but those are the things that will keep them from being dominant all through the year.

Comment

• 2Pat had a wedding in Toronto this weekend.. a lot of our boys were in attendance.

Lowry looking a bit pudgy again.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              LAC doesn't have a playmaker, and is thin in rim protection. It may not matter.. they have loads of talent.. but those are the things that will keep them from being dominant all through the year.
                              What I'm curious to see @ LAC is the pointguard - Kawhi dynamic on the floor. He'll be going from working with prime Tony Parker and Kyle Lowry (both very high basketball IQ point guards), to Patrick Beverly. May not matter on this positionless basketball era, but I'm looking forward to see it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Disagree. Lou will still there, you got 90 pts right there with Kawhi and pg. Harrell had a breakout year 17 ppg, Landry shamet had a good campaign and is only 21. Beverly can guard the other teams best player most nights, that's 3 A+ defenders in the starting lineup.

When the playoffs start this is the scariest group in the nba 1 thru 8 hands down.
                                They're a very good team, so I'm not debating that at all. But it's not as simple as last year's nice Clippers storybook team added Kawhi and Paul George.

Their 3 top guys in mpg from last season are all gone. Their best prospect in SGA is also gone.

This year they'll be riding three guys for heavy minutes who have been career borderline starter-type players in Beverly, Lou, and Harkless. These guys aren't borderline All-Stars, they're borderline starters.

Harrell is a nice up and coming player and will be a key piece. They also have a few other nice young players.

But when Paul George and Kawhi Leonard want their load management, who's carrying the load? Again, a bunch of borderline starters and prospects. This isn't the proven depth the Raptors had last year around Kawhi.

It's not that big an issue, just the one thing I'd keep an eye on with the Clippers. Can they keep Kawhi and PG healthy for the playoffs & keep up in the West? That's not as sure a thing as some are figuring it to be imho. I'm expecting the Lakers and Clippers to be in a bit of a dog fight for good seeding. Some very good teams like Utah and Denver will be coming at them hard with no star players to handle with kid gloves through the first 82 games.
                                Last edited by S.R.; Mon Aug 26, 2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X