Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I kind of think they will. He's definitely one of the candidates (it's him, Miller or Payne, IMO, and as much as I despise Payne's game, positionally we need the latter two more than Boucher).
    Circumstances beyond his talent might lean to him staying and playing though he brings one thing to the party in that he can stretch the floor with his 3 point shooting and provide some rim protection and the Raps need the depth up front... Currently its Ibaka .. Gasol.. Pascal.. and Boucher.... and maybe Hernandez but have to believe Boucher slots in front of the rookie and Dewan gets the year in the G League.....Boucher has outgrown the G League and its a make or break year for him. Have to believe they give him a chance.

Ballhandlers and 2guards we have out the ying yang .....
    Kyle.. Fred...Matt thomas.. norm... McCaw....and T Davis as a potential guy who gets to stick on the roster somehow along with the aforementioned Payne who has been cut now by both OKC and the juggernaut Chicgao Bulls... never say never but hard to see him finding himself and landing in front of those 6.

Wings we should have enough of in quantity but lack the quality that Leonard brought to the max...We got OG.. Johnson...Rondae HJ....are the first three.. then a whack of guys named Larry after that... Miller should stick

Give or take thats 14-15 guys....

.WHo would you swap out and who swaps into the hole you make by cutting someone ?
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Sep 13, 2019, 03:36 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I kind of think they will. He's definitely one of the candidates (it's him, Miller or Payne, IMO, and as much as I despise Payne's game, positionally we need the latter two more than Boucher).
      Give me Payne and Miller over Boucher.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Give me Payne and Miller over Boucher.
        I think we get two of the three... and Payne isn't one of them....
        We find out in about 30 days...
        - TGO

Comment

• Boucher can hit a 3.. not sure what Payne's good for. I'd keep Chris. Either way it doesn't really matter when we're talking about the 13th, 14th or 15th guy on the roster.. and if we need those guys than we're in bigger trouble than we should be.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I know right?! We gave him everything he wanted & helped resurrect his career to the top.

Ahh well we got the championship after all, they dont come too often around.

DeMar died for this.
            My understanding is that his No 1 priority was to go home (& Lakers were not an option. Lebron?)
            Wanted to be on at least a decent team -hence trade for PG.
            What baffles me, he made them mortgage the future then both (PG & Leonard) can leave after 2 seasons. Sounds to me (unless they miraculously win) in 2 yrs this could be good, old Clippers for next 4-7 yrs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Man the amount or fringe rotation guys in the same size and age range we brought in this off season is staggering. Masai clearly has a strategy here of finding some diamonds in the rough in Pascal, OG and Fred's age range

when you buy enough tickets maybe you win the lottery. Or at least some consolation prizes. Weve seen how good of a drafter he is. This year is an interesting to see how good his pro scouting his. I've lost count how many guys we have coming to camp this year that were basically tossed away by their old team in their early 20s
              Good scouting is only part of it. Im thinking Raps 905 could also be a huge factor.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Nope. Wouldn't mind if they cut him.
                Never mind Canadian part, Im thinking in last few years Raps 905 played huge role in development of Siakam, FVV, OG...Could Boucher be ready for "next step"?

Comment

• Not a fan of Boucher especially after he dipped out on us in Fiba. There's no reason why he shouldn't have played. I wouldn't really mind if he was cut but Payne is the worst of the three previously mentioned by a landslide. I'm pretty sure Payne is one of the worst NBA players of the analytical era.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Boucher can hit a 3.. not sure what Payne's good for. I'd keep Chris. Either way it doesn't really matter when we're talking about the 13th, 14th or 15th guy on the roster.. and if we need those guys than we're in bigger trouble than we should be.
                    In theory Payne's value comes from the Raptors having Lowry, FVV (who isn't really a true PG) and a complete mystery in Davis (who also looks more like a SG or combo guard) at PG. Payne is a ball handler and PG. A terrible one, but the positional/role logic is there.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I’d be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Boucher is beaten out by Cam Payne. Is this a bad-taste-in-your-mouth thing?

Comment

• New video friday the 13th from Rico Hines:

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I’d be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Boucher is beaten out by Cam Payne. Is this a bad-taste-in-your-mouth thing?
                          No.. just a numbers thing... we are thin up front ... and unlike the NFL there will be no players cut or put on waivers before the season starts that have value
                          So I think Boucher stays on the roster. If he has developed a more consistent 3 pt shot he could see 12 mins a night to back up Pascal. Others say no. We can wait and see in a month.

We have Kyle and Freddy and the mystery man that is Terrance Davis. Its Davis or Payne that sticks. Ujiri and Webster usually seem to go with a development project and they can bring Davis up and down from the G League. The bar is Lorenzo Brown from last year...Can Davis be more than Brown ? If he shows he can be in camp then I think he stays and Payne is odd man out.

- TGO

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            New video friday the 13th from Rico Hines:

Boucher and Norm look really good. OG.... meh. Pascal does not look like a first option yet. You watch how effortlessly other guys can face up with a quick jab step or two and score - Pascal just doesn’t have that in his game yet, even in an open gym run.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Boucher and Norm look really good. OG.... meh. Pascal does not look like a first option yet. You watch how effortlessly other guys can face up with a quick jab step or two and score - Pascal just doesn’t have that in his game yet, even in an open gym run.
                              Agreed about all of this. But everyone knows Pascal is better than he looked in this clip and I've been told not to read too much into the summer scrimmages so I won't.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

OG does look very meh though which is sad
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X