Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Boucher and Norm look really good. OG.... meh. Pascal does not look like a first option yet. You watch how effortlessly other guys can face up with a quick jab step or two and score - Pascal just doesn’t have that in his game yet, even in an open gym run.
    Harden's unreal, even in the short shorts ....don't sleep on Houston this season.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      I’d be shocked, shocked I tell you, if Boucher is beaten out by Cam Payne. Is this a bad-taste-in-your-mouth thing?
      I've been thinking there was a decent chance Boucher would be the one to not make the cut since it came out that Payne had a decent sized guarantee back when he signed. Personally I'd cut Payne, he's awful. But they kept Lorenzo Brown for no reason besides wanting another PG, and he was awful too.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I've been thinking there was a decent chance Boucher would be the one to not make the cut since it came out that Payne had a decent sized guarantee back when he signed. Personally I'd cut Payne, he's awful. But they kept Lorenzo Brown for no reason besides wanting another PG, and he was awful too.
        Maybe there is a reason why they brought Isaiah Taylor to camp as they aren't sure if Payne has what it takes.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Maybe there is a reason why they brought Isaiah Taylor to camp as they aren't sure if Payne has what it takes.
          Surely they must already know that he doesn't ... Lol

Comment

Boucher and Norm look really good. OG.... meh. Pascal does not look like a first option yet. You watch how effortlessly other guys can face up with a quick jab step or two and score - Pascal just doesn’t have that in his game yet, even in an open gym run.
            It's really hard to glean anything of substance from these videos. Spacing is awful, offensive execution is inconsistent at best and ineffective and useless at worst, guys aren't really playing defence, and they're trying things they wouldn't normally try. Now the last part is fine and it might look a bit off but these guys do need to implement what they've been working on in games and we all know how awkward it can be in an actual competitive scenario to try something you've never done in a game before. And in this case, the guys were really missing out on Fred for sure here. These pickup games are where Fred can absolutely dominate and we've seen in videos past where he looks just as good as James Harden and we all know that's not true.

I think OG will be totally fine. He's not awful going to the rim if there's enough space and he really is quite strong so he can bully most guys at his position, all while defending 4-5 positions at a high level and giving average to potentially above-average floor spacing in terms of shooting and passing (he's an underrated passer and he often makes nifty and creative passes, just not in high volume because of his lack of ballhandling skills).

I'm excited about Norm though. It seems like he's really excited about the opportunity to start on a competitive team with a gaping hole in terms of offensive production on the wing. Looking for him to average 15-18 ppg this year and play rock-solid defense. We need it.

Comment

• I'm glad OG looking healthy at least. But his lack of skill and finesse will always hold him back. Just play tough D and hit open three once in a while.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is the FIBA gold medal game not on cable? All these sports channels and no game?

Anyone here have DAZN? I like premiere league and NFL so thinking of pulling the trigger

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

It's really hard to glean anything of substance from these videos. Spacing is awful, offensive execution is inconsistent at best and ineffective and useless at worst, guys aren't really playing defence, and they're trying things they wouldn't normally try. Now the last part is fine and it might look a bit off but these guys do need to implement what they've been working on in games and we all know how awkward it can be in an actual competitive scenario to try something you've never done in a game before. And in this case, the guys were really missing out on Fred for sure here. These pickup games are where Fred can absolutely dominate and we've seen in videos past where he looks just as good as James Harden and we all know that's not true.

I think OG will be totally fine. He's not awful going to the rim if there's enough space and he really is quite strong so he can bully most guys at his position, all while defending 4-5 positions at a high level and giving average to potentially above-average floor spacing in terms of shooting and passing (he's an underrated passer and he often makes nifty and creative passes, just not in high volume because of his lack of ballhandling skills).

I'm excited about Norm though. It seems like he's really excited about the opportunity to start on a competitive team with a gaping hole in terms of offensive production on the wing. Looking for him to average 15-18 ppg this year and play rock-solid defense. We need it.
                  What you’re looking for is a glimpse of some new skills with an expectation of maybe 10% of that translating to real games. Problem with OG is that you’re not even seeing glimpses of new stuff. Just hope he can hit his 3s at a high enough percentage to minimize the loss of Danny. Powell, on the other hand, is looking more polished with his finishing.,.. and that is definitely something he needed to improve. If that translates, then we’re in decent shape for this season.

Comment

What you’re looking for is a glimpse of some new skills with an expectation of maybe 10% of that translating to real games. Problem with OG is that you’re not even seeing glimpses of new stuff. Just hope he can hit his 3s at a high enough percentage to minimize the loss of Danny. Powell, on the other hand, is looking more polished with his finishing.,.. and that is definitely something he needed to improve. If that translates, then we’re in decent shape for this season.
                    Exactly. OG still looks like he can't dribble to save his life or do anything with the ball in his hands really. But yes if he can hit the 3 at higher clip and still play the defence he's proven he can play that should be enough. He just looks so robotic and awkward anytime he tries to dribble. Always looks like he's gonna fall over and turn over the ball lol
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

Exactly. OG still looks like he can't dribble to save his life or do anything with the ball in his hands really. But yes if he can hit the 3 at higher clip and still play the defence he's proven he can play that should be enough. He just looks so robotic and awkward anytime he tries to dribble. Always looks like he's gonna fall over and turn over the ball lol
                      I've modeled my own game after his. Especially the robotic and awkward parts. That's why this year I am electing to only shoot 3 pointers. Bring the ball up, anytime after center court and before the 3 pt line, let it fly. In the pickup games I play in, hitting 25% could make me a leading scorer.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

that's what you usually expect from 20th pick. A good role player.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Will be interesting to watch the Warriors this season. With KD out of the picture and Klay missing part of the season, can Curry have another MVP-calibre season and put that team in a position to win it all - potentially cementing his status, alongside Magic, as arguably the greatest point guard of all time?
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 18, 2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Give me Payne and Miller over Boucher.
                              Geez, are you glutton for Payne or what? (LOL See what I did there?!)

C'mon, dude is bad.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

that's what you usually expect from 20th pick. A good role player.
                                Exactly ... just don't tell Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                                X