Everything 2019 Offseason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Will be interesting to watch the Warriors this season. With KD out of the picture and Klay missing part of the season, can Curry have another MVP-calibre season and put that team in a position to win it all - potentially cementing his status, alongside Magic, as arguably the greatest point guard of all time?
    I'd say no, absolutely not.

I see more of an injury filled season for Curry. He's going to be playing against a great team every other night, often against a motivated Lebron/Davis, Kawhi/George, Harden/Westbrook, Jokic/Murray, Lillard/McCollum/Nurkic, Luca/Zinger etc. And his supporting cast is now older and weaker.

That's some tall mountains right there ....

Comment

• If you ask me, this is much more entertaining than watching those scrimmages.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Will be interesting to watch the Warriors this season. With KD out of the picture and Klay missing part of the season, can Curry have another MVP-calibre season and put that team in a position to win it all - potentially cementing his status, alongside Magic, as arguably the greatest point guard of all time?
        He will be in the MVP conversation, I expect both some monster games and some fatigue at best or injury issues at worst. He can carry a far heavier load at an elite level, he's done it already. He was also younger when he did that. He's also prone to running out of gas. He's just so small, he's in his 30's now, and the whole league is concentrating on the perimeter now in a way it never has before. All that is true and it's also true that Curry is a really, really good basketball player and almost certainly the greatest shooter of all time.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• The best thing about KD leaving Golden State is, we'll see Curry back to playing like Steph Curry again. The most exciting player to watch in basketball.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            The best thing about KD leaving Golden State is, we'll see Curry back to playing like Steph Curry again. The most exciting player to watch in basketball.
            Curry back to being Curry also means more injuries. KD was kind of like a built-in load management system / safety blanket for the Warriors & Curry. It allowed Steph to rest during games and take longer time off to heal during the season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Curry back to being Curry also means more injuries. KD was kind of like a built-in load management system / safety blanket for the Warriors & Curry. It allowed Steph to rest during games and take longer time off to heal during the season.
              I don't remember him getting hurt during his MVP seasons.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't remember him getting hurt during his MVP seasons.
                He had a good run, up until the last 2 years when the ankle injuries came back. He's missed 30 games the last 2 seasons, even with KD. He's even missed a playoff round. That was always the risk with Curry and why he signed his first deal, below market.

Comment

• The Warriors seem kind of meh to me this season. The West is going to be tougher than usual and GSW has a bullseye on their back for beating so many teams for so many years consistently.

KD, Iggy, Livingston, and Cousins all out. Klay as well for most the season.

And they just got D'Angelo and WCS to replace all those vets they lost.

Kerr is going to be working hard for his paycheck.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The Warriors seem kind of meh to me this season. The West is going to be tougher than usual and GSW has a bullseye on their back for beating so many teams for so many years consistently.

KD, Iggy, Livingston, and Cousins all out. Klay as well for most the season.

And they just got D'Angelo and WCS to replace all those vets they lost.

Kerr is going to be working hard for his paycheck.
                    At the worst, we'll get to see a few Curry Skyfucker games again where he's bombing 3s from the concourse. Its a NBA fan win
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

At the worst, we'll get to see a few Curry Skyfucker games again where he's bombing 3s from the concourse. Its a NBA fan win
                      Except against the Raps where hopefully he still suffering from FVV PTSD.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Except against the Raps where hopefully he still suffering from FVV PTSD.
                        This seems like a good place to put this... Steph wearing a sweatshirt that has a box and one image on it, and underneath it it says 'respect the game'.

RESPECT THE CHAMPS BISH

Seriously, I don't get basketball schemes enough I guess to understand why everybody is so ass-sore about the 'box and one'. We CRUSHED them like a pack of schoolyard snotnoses whenever we deployed it. Why should there be shame in that? JUST WIN BAYBEE.

Reminds me of when the Devils deployed 'the trap' in the NHL I guess. But I guess NBA players understand something I don't to be so up in arms about it.

(the play button does nothing except take you to the page... it's kind of fun reading that thread though.)

Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Sep 18, 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Looks like someone already fixed Curry's hoodie.

Comment

What's the story with this guy? I feel like I've heard his name mentioned before over the last month or so... Like maybe somebody was hoping we'd grab him... Maybe that's the optimist in me.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

What's the story with this guy? I feel like I've heard his name mentioned before over the last month or so... Like maybe somebody was hoping we'd grab him... Maybe that's the optimist in me.
                              I think before we just heard he was invited to camp but now it seems like he has a deal.

Anyway something else interesting is happening:

Comment

I think before we just heard he was invited to camp but now it seems like he has a deal.

Anyway something else interesting is happening:

So one team out of 28 will split 100k between a dozen guys? 8 grand a pop?

its..something I guess
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X